Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I have just 1 new U-Tri Tour left and have tried a few others recently.

Really liked the B-330 I shot my lowest ever round with. Correlation is not necessarily causality though.

Hated the Tour Deep and was indifferent to the Z-URC. Used a voucher to get a few E-5 and E-6s which will be next to get a guernsey. Then maybe the Optima TSs that are piling up at the in-laws as that seems to be the only thing Mirboo give out.
    The secret of golf it to turn three shots in two. - Bobby Jones

A tale of golfing mediocrity

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Narellan & Penrith Golf Factories still have U-tri tours for $39. Actually have heaps of balls on Sale. Look out for The Golfer paper (NSW Version) for the latest deals. Not sure if it is in the QLD version of it.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I play the B330 ball.... scuffs up pretty bad though and i don't hit with a lot if any spin.

If i'm feeling cheap then i use the Srixon AD333.... fantastic ball at the right price. Soft off the putter too.

Grunt,

would you be preapred to grab me a few dozen if i send you down some cash and an express post satchel for you to post them back to me?
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Currently trying the Pro V1 to see what the hype is about. Was using NXT tours (nicknamed - pro V1 lite) and are great balls see how i go with these Pro V1. Ok for a few rounds so far. Got some of Squizzy (ebay) AAA. Like new.

Previous balls tried and didn't like, Soft Feel, B330s, e5 & e6.
    WITB-
    Titleist 907R 8.5*
    Bridgestone J33 15*
    Cleveland LDI 18*
    Titleist 503H 22*
    4-PW Srixon I-302 Forged
    Vokey SM 54* & 60*
    Ping G2 Anser (Black Dot)
    Pro V1 & NXT Tour

Current Handicap - 7
    End Of 2007 Target - 5-6

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Snake eyes 3 peice I found was a nice ball. Have not found them cheap anywhere though.

I like the way One Platinums putt so am using them at the moment. I doubt that I have enough swing speed to really see any difference in driving etc. I did pick up some of the old model Hx Hots cheap from golf works, not a bad ball. Apparently the new ones are better, and may be the ones you are talking aobut.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Member Club Pro

I'm not a good enough golfer to know why, but I "won" a few Maxfli Noodles and I found I could spin the crap out of them. However they were noticeably short off the tee. This contradicts practically everyone else, because everyone other than me says the Noodle is long off the tee and doesn't spin that much. So now I'm looking for something that has Noodle spin but better distance, Drummond were selling the Maxfli Revolution Tour Spin for half price and I'm giving them a go. Will be in Albury in late May and will check Squizzy's for the BlackMax.

Others: Precept Laddie Extreme - Ball of choice, cheap ($20) and performs well. Long off tee, around green ball seems to stop dead more than spin. Srixon AD333 pretty much the same.
    Srixon Z-UR/s - Great ball, long and good around the green. Never lost any other ball as quickly as the Z-UR, probably my fault more than the ball's.
    ProV - Great ball, and if I play for the Masters one day I'll use it. Otherwise it's the most overpriced item in golf.

Think I'm going to pick up some Cally HX Hots for tomorrow just so I can keep up with Jarro.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by gazgolf1 View Post
    Think I'm going to pick up some Cally HX Hots for tomorrow just so I can keep up with Jarro.
    I got nuthin mate, Eags is the man you wanna be chasing
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

I play the strata tour ace, i like it because no one else plays them, they have the card suit logo's insted of numbers, and i can get mint balls really cheap, around $1 to $2 each, ive used every ball and i dont see any difference in any of them?? i hink i could play a hot dot and it wouldnt phase me, no idea which balls go longer etc??

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

A couple of weeks ago my pro gave me a couple of Pro v's to try. I don't notice any difference off the tee but around the greens I really notice the difference. Don't know if it's just in my head but I really find I can be more agressive at the pin. My problem with my short game has always been that I've been too short - too worried about going too far( stupid!!). So my confidence with my short game has soared. So it's probably 20% ball 80% in my head. So at this stage I'll stick with the pro v's ( just bought a dozen much to John's amazement at the price) until I can get my confidence in my short game and confince myself I can make the shot with any ball.
    In pennant I played a few amazing lob shots that stopped right next to the flag. I play that shot all the time in practise but never on the course cos I'm worried I'm going to stuff it up. The pro v has given me the guts to "woman up" and go for it.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

FG, check out squizzy's, you can get AAA grade Prov's that are as good as new for about $45 a dozen.

My usual ball is the Pro v1x, but this morning I played with a TP Red that went quite well, but didn't hit driver so can't compare distance off driver, but iron distances seem comparable. TP Black is also a good ball.

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Well I picked up a couple of HX Hots today and they sure feel firm,a very different feel off the putter as well.One thing I'm going to have to watch tomorrow when chipping is to make a shorter backswing,these things explode off the clubface even on chip and runs.

I use Prov1's. Have tried a couple other balls over the last 5 years or so but i cant tell if they are any different, apart from feel off the clubface.

For now I'll stick with them, they are tried and proven and cheap enough for the 2nd hand ones.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Member Club Pro

Anyone tried the Wilson 50 yet?
    Getting big wraps on the GEA site.
    Deano

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'm a UTri Tour fan, and I'll be sad when they eventually disappear altogether.

I used a Callaway Black the other week, and actually got extra distance out of it, so if I ever see them on special I might get some. I normally don't see an increase in distance off the tee with any type of ball. Rocks don't go further for me.

The best round I ever shot was with a Nike Supersoft (or whatever their Noodle equivalent was called 3 years ago).
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Well the rock experiment seemed to work today with a little more distance from the driver and more height on my iron shots,I even hit a few off the putter that looked good in the air.
    I used the Cally HX Hot for 12 holes with reasonable success,irons shots released a bit more than normal and I blasted a few putts but I could live with all that.
    Eags gave me a new Bridgestone E5 to try and that came out on 13 for my best drive of the day.This ball felt nice straight away,not as rocky as the HX Hot but still long and on the next hole I hit an 8 iron to 10 ft with nice height that sat down pretty quick.Next hole I hit a 3 wood that went further than normal so I think I've found a new ball.
    The E5 is supposed to be a high trajectory ball and I reckon they have succeeded.

Senior Member Major Winner

Gaz - the thing about Bridgestone (and Precept) balls for me was that they chopped up pretty quickly. Did you scar the ball at all?
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

the only scars Gaz makes are the groove marks - he is a flusha
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Major Winner

Blake - that's a start. Any choppers here that want to report what sort of bruises trees and paths make on them is also helpful.
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

I've used an E5 Dan and they do hold up to the odd encounter with a tree rather nicely
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Dan, I have been using the E5 for a few rounds now and rate then highly
    The ball can stand up to a fair bit of punishment, I have one that was used for 36 holes but you would swear it has only gone around for 9

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I'm a UTri Tour fan, and I'll be sad when they eventually disappear altogether.

I used a Callaway Black the other week, and actually got extra distance out of it, so if I ever see them on special I might get some. I normally don't see an increase in distance off the tee with any type of ball. Rocks don't go further for me.
    I'm the same. I love the U-Tri Tour. I actually like the softer feel better than a Pro V1. I should stock up on them from squizzys. I've been wondering about the E5 as I assumed they were the successor to the UTri-Tour. I've used a couple of dozen Titleist NXT tours and I won't be getting any more of them. They pretty hard (which I can live with), but the cover is so soft it scuffs badly. I'm lucky to get a round out of one.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    I'm the same. I love the U-Tri Tour. I actually like the softer feel better than a Pro V1. I should stock up on them from squizzys. I've been wondering about the E5 as I assumed they were the successor to the UTri-Tour. I've used a couple of dozen Titleist NXT tours and I won't be getting any more of them. They pretty hard (which I can live with), but the cover is so soft it scuffs badly. I'm lucky to get a round out of one.
    Dion, yes they are supposed to be the replacement for the UTri- Tours.
    The E5 is firm yet quite responsive, I have picked up half a dozen of the E6 as well but have not put one into play as yet. They are supposed to be a little softer than the E5 so I will let you know how they go

Maybe my standards are lower, but I got 2 full rounds out of hte B-330 and regularly get multiple rounds from the old U-tris.

I am not known for my high spin though.
    The secret of golf it to turn three shots in two. - Bobby Jones

A tale of golfing mediocrity

Thread Information