Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    goughy

Default G.R.I.P.S. Weekend of Golf - Sunday 20th May City GC

Putting this game out there. It is one of the bigger golfing weekends at City Golf Club, and this sunday event would be one of the few open single stroke rounds held on a sunday. I think they have some reasonable prizes this weekend.

8:15
    Daisuke Kanda
    Ken Ichimiya
    Brisvegas

Goughy
    Steve
    Alo

Andyp
    Shazza RS
    Peter RS

Results:
    Ken 75
    Vegas 77
    Andyp 79
    Peter_rs 84
    Shazza_rs 85
    Alo 86
    Goughy DQ (should be 78 )
    Last edited by goughy; 20th May 2007 at 02:14 PM.

goughy

The rough is as dead as, the fairways lush and green. Considering the weather the course looks great. The green reno's have pretty much healed up and the greens are looking good for the weekend. Vegas will be happy!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

has city ever had rough?

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

goughy

Oh yeah. Some real nasty stuff, when there was rain.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

hey Goughy, how much are visitor green fees at City?? This will be the first time I've played it that I'm not a member.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

goughy

It was $16 last time I remember. I don't know if it's just $10 for this event. It's getting plenty tv advertising up here so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just $10 across the board.

And we still have some spots to fill. We've got 3 groups of 3 atm, but if no more chime in bo tomorrow arvo I'll release one spot in each group back to the field!

goughy

First post edited to reflect final groupings. Still room for any stragglers unless the free spots in each group get taken.

goughy

First post now edited to reflect scores (if you could call them that)! Had an absolute ball with my mate steve and alo. Shazza commented she could hear us in fits of laughter. Must have been while we were adding up our scores!!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Thanks for organising the round on my request, goughy. As usual, City was a treat to play on despite the supposed drought (we have no idea where they are getting their water from).

Thanks for the game, Shaz. It was good playing with you, despite there being no chance of you shooting the lights out today for various reasons. Good luck in the Middle Ridge Champs. Fire up!

I didn't get any sort of groove going for the first nine and stuggled from tee to green. I blame a late clothing change. Plenty of improvement on the second with a couple of hiccups.

Thanks for the day Goughy. City was in super nik and was surprisingly difficult in the light winds today. I'd forgotten how bloody tight some of those fairways are!

Was good to play with Pete and Ken, although at times when they were blazing away with drivers and I was bunting 3 wood off the tee, it felt like I was in the group behind! We all played ok on the back 9, (Ken -1, Pete +9, Me +3) but all managed to collapse on the front (Ken +9, Pete +20, Me +10).

Still, it was enjoyable and we all managed some good holes to show some potential for better golf. Thanks again.

P.S. AndyP - those shorts were HUGE!

golflink WITB

Goughy - where are the pics? And tell us the story about how you played my ball on the 14th.

golflink WITB

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    P.S. AndyP - those shorts were HUGE!
    That's because my arse is HUUUUUUGE!

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    That's because my arse is HUUUUUUGE!
    Please tell me he didn't wear his Grandad socks with his huge pants

he had some natty black ones on. Much better than the tan ones I'm used to seeing...

Can't help but think a little "queer eye" wouldn't go astray for our straight guy P.

golflink WITB

goughy

Yes, the 14th, my DQ hole. Off the tee hit snap hook into tree and I thought it went close to oob. So hit a snappier hook provisional into a closer tree.

Hit my provisional again then moved onto where I thought my first had gone out. Find a bridgestone No.4 (the 4 in red) and think, great luck. Put that one on the green in good position. Then I head over to help alo look for his drive. In the end he heads back to the tee to re-tee. While alo heads back we call the group behind through. They had a little break to the group behind them so I thought this would keep things moving along.

Anyway, we eventually get to the green. My mate is having a shocker this hole and takes several to get on the green. In the meantime I have marked my ball. Once he's on the green I go to replace my ball, putting the make mark (the e6 marking) face down when I notice it says - B330 S. The group behind us are now walking up to their balls - every drive for me so far has been a hook into the left trees. I don't want to hold things up any more as I'm not scoring well so I call it.

Pissed off on the next hole (15th par 3) and hit 8 iron to about 4 mtrs and 4 putt. Then proceed to drive round the corner on the 16th, into the fairway bunkers on 17 (left fairway edge I'll take it) and the edge of the right rough on 18, 130mtrs from the green. Go figure.

I thought my driving was bad this round. But my putting was just a bit off you could say. I one putted holes 10, 16, 18 and 6 and finished with 39 putts for the round . That's an average of 2.5 putts/hole for the other 14 holes And my first round since changing my belly back to a short putter. I was averaging 34 with the belly.

I finished 90(ish with the dq) which I'm kind of surprised with considering the putting stats. Other significant stats, 1/14 fir, 5 gir. Still trying to work out how I shot 90 with those stats

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Once he's on the green I go to replace my ball, putting the make mark (the e6 marking) face down when I notice it says - B330 S.
    How is my B330-S going anyway? I'd played more than a round with it and collected the powerlines on the 14th when we all lost sight of it! You should keep playing with it and do a story on the Bridgey's durability.... and luck!

golflink WITB

IT was a fun today.

Thanks to ken and dion. You hit a few big drives and a few nice gay drives, and nice irons. It was great to watch ken work the ball even if it was a bad round for him.

My day was doom when I had a tap in bird on 10 our first. then hurt my wrist on 18 hitting a funkie drive. after that I missed every fairway (well the 4 when I hit driver).

The 8 on the 2 (par 3 ) killed my day-lost ball bit of sand and a three putt. I played all the par 3's bad which hurts.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    he had some natty black ones on. Much better than the tan ones I'm used to seeing...
    The tan ones make one appearance and you never hear the end of it.

And as for the black socks (and accompanying black boots) in the clubhouse, I only wore those because they are the only shoes I had with me besides golf shoes, due to the previous evenings festivities. I know how silly they looked, but let's face it, did it really look out of place in Toowoomba?

goughy

Oh, Moe. You should have come up today. You could have played your matchplay with Azza. We didn't see him, but he seems to have left his name written on several of our greens today

Thanks for organising it and 'machine' and steve. Such an enjoyable round in a great condition course. Hopefully can do it again soon

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Thanks for the round guys. Had a good time out.

I was surprised that i wasn't feeling seedy. I was surprisingly good considering i cracked my first beer at 4:30 on satdee arvo and didn't stop until 1:30am sunday. I think i was suffering from tiredness and a zero level care factor.

I had 101 but i wasn't actually playing that badly. Copped a lot of right hand bender kicks off fairways into trees. Never in my life have i been raped by so many trees... no stance.... and they were prickly bloody trees too.

Putter was on and off... think i need to take some more time over the short ones.

Was good to actually get to play a round of golf with you AP. I think that is the first round????

Thanks for organising the game for us Dean.

Oh and i felt about 12 years old when i had to ring mum and dad to come and pick pete and i up from the golf course.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    Oh and i felt about 12 years old when i had to ring mum and dad to come and pick pete and i up from the golf course.
    Hey shaz - what's wrong with the car?

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Nothing is wrong with the car.... neither Pete or I were under the legal driving limit at 7am sundee morning.... my mum was nice enough to drop us off at the course....

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

ahhhh - glad to see you were being responsible

Senior Member Major Winner

meow................
    I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    Was good to actually get to play a round of golf with you AP. I think that is the first round????
    I'm pretty sure it was, which is why I requested it. Now you'll be requesting to play with me everytime.

Thread Information