Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default AndyLo vs BrisWesty

And so it begins.

Monday May 7 Nambour
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Woods - Turbo Power III+ 3 & 5 wood
    Irons - Oxygen - Type S 3HL, 4HL, 5-PW
    Wedges - xds 56 & 60 degree
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

H'cap - 12.7 on 1/1/08, 12.8 on 1/1/09, 13.7 on 1/1/10

http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapH..._no=4130402024

"I played golf. I did not get a hole in one, but I did hit a guy. That was way more satisfying." Mitch Hedberg

Is your foot still giving you grief?

Or is this CLo/baby stuff?
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

"I played golf. I did not get a hole in one, but I did hit a guy. That was way more satisfying." Mitch Hedberg

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

baby stuff...

I already cut off the darn foot and use a titantium one for replacement

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by BrisWesty View Post
    Given I'm apparently going to see Shrek 3 in the afternoon with the girls it'll need to be close to home.
    I saw it this morning and it wasn't too bad.

The match should have been played at Woodford.

Probably would have been a tie anyway - was only 1 point in it.

Caboolture is playing 4BBB tomorrow, so I'd be happy to have a hit elsewhere if that works for ALo, if he's prepared to play after a 10 day break!

I'd even go somewhere closer to town if that would assist Andy to come along too.
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

I've offered to play at Riverlakes this Saturday if that enables us to get the match play over with.

Can anyone fill me in on what the costs will be to play in the comp?

Would anyone else be interested in coming along too? Not sticking this in as a separate thread yet, just in case Andy can't make it.
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Briswesty... pete and i will be playing there on saturday....

comp fee should be 20 bucks i think.... don't know never paid a visitors comp fee

You guys still haven't played this yet?

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BrisWesty View Post
    I've offered to play at Riverlakes this Saturday if that enables us to get the match play over with.

Can anyone fill me in on what the costs will be to play in the comp?

Would anyone else be interested in coming along too? Not sticking this in as a separate thread yet, just in case Andy can't make it.
    What time were you thinking of playing Westy?

I'll offer Nambour yet again, as I am up there again this weekend, although I'm not sure what time I can play or whether I can get a full group. I'd also doubt that A-Lo would be willing to travel. The fixture says Saturday's format is Par.

I'd be looking at playing early-ish
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

Sorry guys, can't make it at all

From tomorrow my mum will be here to "help out".... which really means I need to behave and take care of 1 more person.

From what I can see the bub can come out anytime while we are speaking (typing) and bub is really getting down and low.

I doubted I can even see my golf club for the next 2-3 weeks! Any idea when is the due date for the 2nd round?

goughy

Can I have back in!!! I only just lost, and ap got 5 games to play 2 matches. And I'm available!!

end of the month alo so 10 days

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

.......with some allowance usually. It would depend on when you realistically think you can get out for this game, and match up with Westy's schedule without holding up the rest of the draw..

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by andylo View Post
    I doubted I can even see my golf club for the next 2-3 weeks! Any idea when is the due date for the 2nd round?
    man up lady bug. I played my matchplay game against Nudgee the day after bubs was born when my wife was in hospital. What better time? They got all the care and attention they need close at hand. What more could you offer?

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Have to agree there BV, the period between birth and homecoming has to be appreciated as you wont get anywhere near as good a period to do what you want to do for some time to come.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Westy,

I can do it this Saturday 11am onward, and Sunday anytime.

Or, next weekend, but perferable on Sunday.

Same as week after that too.

Shazza, when are you and Pete playing on Saturday? And do you have a spare spot? Besides yourselves (who have already sorted your stuff out) it looks like we've got 5 trying to fit into 4 at the moment.
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

pete and i are playing a 7:58am.

Just rang the pro shop and if alo hasn't already booked you in there is no spots left in the field... only for a twosome at 12:28.

Thanks Shazza.

DC, that might be an option for you and your mate (despite AP's protestations to the contrary) perhaps?
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

At long last - game on - Woodford - no, Nambour - no, Nudgee - no, Riverlakes - yes

Andy Lo didn't have to forfeit due to the pitter patter of little feet. Jarro bailed out.

1st - ALo on the green in reg, BW went way left then into the greenside bunker, out to 2m. ALo 2 putted for a simple par, and Westy sand saved. All square.

2nd - Par 5 - ALo went left off the tee, got on the green in 4, BW on in regulation - both to about 15m. ALo 2 putted, BW 3 putted. All square.

3rd - Par 3 - Both on in regulation, about 15m from the hole (again). BW 3 putted (again), ALo showed him how to putt by making his comeback putt for par. ALo 1 up

4th - Par 4 - ALo gets his first shot. Doesn't nail his drive and lays up short of the water, puts his third in the left rear bunker, and walks away with triple. BW gets on in regulation to about 15m (for the 3rd time in a row), and only just lags the ball down the hill close enough for a tap in par. Back to square.

5th - Par 4 - ALo slightly right of centre, BW just off fairway to the left. Neither on in reg, but ALo plugs his 3rd in the top of the bunker guarding the green. He has no shot, and takes 2 to get out. Westy almost putts in from off the green for par, but settles for bogey to go one up.

6th - Par 5 - ALo pulls his iron into the water on the left. BW lays up short of the creek. Both end up in the trees on the right with our next shot. ALo plays a brilliant draw out over the water and scrub on the right and ends up just short of the green. Westy is pretty close to the tree, so just punches out onto the fairway. Both then get up and down with a 1 putt, but Westy's par beat ALo's bogey. Westy 2 up.

7th - short par 4 - ALo goes left off the tee, and puts his second in the water left of the green. BW flirts with the water on the right off the tee and puts his 2nd on in reg. ALo gets his next on. Both 2 putt, and Westy extends the lead to 3 up.

8th - par 3 - ALo gets a shot. ALo goes left, and after he advises Westy not to go right, Westy goes right. At this point in time Pete and Shazza rock up. ALo gets to the fringe with his 2nd then up and down from there for bogey. Westy duffs his 2nd into the bunker, gets out, hits his putt and starts walking before the putt finishes rolling, but to his surprise it actually falls into the hole. ALo stops the rot and it's back to 2up.

9th - Par 4 - Pete drives the cart to the tee and back again with ALo and Westy hanging on for grim death. Turns out he's actually scoping the opposition for the next round of matchplay. Westy gets a par in regulation, ALo has to settle for bogey and Westy's 3up at the turn.

10th - long par 4 - ALo gets a shot. ALo has a dirty hole (let me rephrase that). Westy doesn't do much better. Both drown balls in the lake at different stages, but Westy's double just beats ALo's quad bogey - 4 up.

11th - par 4 - ALo goes into one of the left traps and chips out. Westy is about 30 m short of the green off the tee. Westy's chip hits the tree just left of the green an richochets into the bunker on the right. More ugly golf ensues and both players walk off with double bogeys to halve the hole. Westy wonders where his form has gone from the first 9?

12th - par 4 - Another shot for ALo. Westy's on in reg and ALo's on the fringe but Andy rolls in a clutch putt from about 3m to register a par and win the hole. 3 up - 6 to play.

13th - long par 5 - ALo hits his tee shot into the water. Westy thinks he's home and hosed. ALo proceeds to reload and play the rest of the hole as a par, almost chipping in to get his bogey/birdie. Westy loses his 2nd somewhere. Reloads, and ends up 3 putting from near the 10th flag (double green). ALo's double beats Westy's triple. This is getting ugly folks! - 2 up.

14th - Par 3 - Both players are short of the green, chip on and just miss par putts. Hole halved. 2 up, 4 to play.

15th - Short Par 4 - ALo tops his hybrid, Westy hits into the water. ALo puts his second on the right fringe of the green. Westy finds his ball, and hits his 3rd to about 5m. ALo chips to about 5m. Both players wuss out on their downhill putts and tap in for bogey. 2 up, 3 to play. Westy is leaving an oil slick behind him.

16th - par 3 - ALo gets a shot and rolls his tee shot onto the green about 8m from the hole. Westy misses the green slightly long and left of the hole, but a similar distance from the flag. "Do you want the flag in or out?" "Oh, take it out, no leave it in." At this point Westy has no idea about what to do, sp plays a pitch and run that hits the flag (that he'd changed his mind and left in) and the ball falls straight into the hole for a birdie 2. If the ball hadn't hit the flag it probably would have been another 5m past. Pressure's on Andy, leaves his first putt a couple of metres short, and his second putt slides by the left side of the hole. Game over 3 and 2.

Played the last 2 holes bogey, par.

Andy didn't play anywhere near his best, but still competed. He was a very gracious host and it was really pleasant getting to know him a little more. A lovely day for golf too. The rain held off, and there were only a couple of little sprinkles. It was cool, but how many times have we bitched about it being too hot.

I've ended up with 83 off the stick - 4 over for the first 9 (5 GIR), and 9 over for the back 9 (oops). Certainly left some putts out there, and 2 lost balls as well, so it could have been anything.

3/3 sand saves (that's a first for me)
    6 GIR
    6 fairways
    32 putts with a chip in & 3 3 putts (could do without those 3 though).

Felt very clean hitting the ball and it felt like it was getting some reasonable distance too, so overall very happy with the round.

If you ever get the chance have a hit with with Andy's practice "balls". Very cool!

I really like Riverlakes. It makes you think, and while it's not as long as some other courses there's definitely no identical holes. I found it fairly tough reading some of the distances, it can be quite deceptive on occasion.

Eags and Jarro, you missed out. There were lots of sledging opportunities that went begging.
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Congrats on the win BW

Sorry i couldn't make it but it looked pretty crappy weather wise when i stuck my head out the window yesterday morning
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Well done on the win Westy
    Like Jarro said it was pissing down here and didn't look like it was going to improve

Softc0cks.....

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Softc0cks.....
    means heaps coming form a pink-shirt wearer
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Thread Information