Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Default Anzac Day - Coffs_Hacker Vs Virgal_Tracy, Mac Links, 10:30a

No Time or course set yet but this will be a AM game on anzac day. After looking at the open days a few suggestions could be

Maq Links 10:30

Here are the results

1. TS - 36 on CB
    2. CoffsHacker - 36
    3. Jimandr - 30
    4. Virgil Tracy - 23
    5. Burger - 21
    6. Amanda - a few

Coffs_hacker def Virgil 4 and 3
    Last edited by Coffs_Hacker; 25th April 2007 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Booking details added to title

s9-1 Pro 10.5 | 906f2 15* 18.5* | Maxfli a10 Tour 3-p| x-forged 52* 58* | Odyssey Black I9

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Any Matchplay results? I know TS beat Amanda, how about the other game? Virgal v Coffs Hacker?
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Any Matchplay results? I know TS beat Amanda, how about the other game? Virgal v Coffs Hacker?
    Coffs won the match 4 & 3.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Guys, I'm really sorry, but I'll have to pull out of this one. I was looking forward to this, but I have strained my back over the weekend moving heavy boxes. I thought I'd be right by now but when I tried to swing the golf club this evening, it wasn't pretty. I don't think I'd even be able to bunt it around ...

I hope you guys have fun tomorrow.

Funny how back injuries flare up when it is raining. (I don't really mean it, Jono).

Even though it rained for the first 8 holes, and the course was quite wet from overnight rain, I really enjoyed Macquarie Links, and I'd like to go back again. Maybe it plays easier when it is dry, but the length of the last 5 holes, was very testing. I'd hate to play them in a southerly.

I suspect it is a course that rewards local knowledge a bit. I got a few club selections wrong, and didn't have the guts to take on the creek carry on 17, despite the advice of caddy TS that it was only a carry of about 170m.

In our group of 3 Tony started poorly, but played some great fairway wood approaches, and earned a good score when his putter started working. The nicest thing I can say about Amanda's game is that the course doesn't suit her game, particularly when the wet ground stopped her topped shots from going very far at all. This doctor prescribes more golf as the best cure.

The undoubted highlight was Amanda's battle to reach the ultimate target of 8 points, then to reach double figures, and then the teens. She got to double figures with a brilliantly holed 40 footer for 7, and 1 point, on 16. Never has anyone been so excited to score a 1 pointer.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Funny how back injuries flare up when it is raining. (I don't really mean it, Jono).
    Is this the same guy that missed his tee time ... heh, hem ... because he slept in? Actually Jim, if I didn't want to play because of the weather, I'd say so ... just ask TS.

I told a couple of guys in the chatroom that I had done my back over the weekend lifting heavy boxes. Just moved house couple of weeks ago and still unloading/unpacking ... I'm gonna lay off golf for the next week or two.

Congrats to Coffs and TS on their matchplay win.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Craig has winged his way back to Coffs with a date to come back and play Zipptopp in the next round after his 4 & 3 win.

He certainly showed his years of hanging around Brisvegas with his first comment from my first drive encouraging it to go into the bunker.

3 consecutive pars to begin and 7 putts in the first 6 holes from Craig had me 4 dwn after 4 and 6 down after 8. All I wanted to do at this point was get past the 12 so there wouldn't be a banner produced for my benefit.

I played much more solid after the turn but Craig still finished with 26 putts for the day to effectively close me out. My par putt on the 15th to continue the match stopped short by a roll.

Macquarie Links is a great course with the back 9 better than the front especially visually. The par 3 11th is a cracker 172m par 3 with 155m of gully carry.

Well done to Craig. Very solid player that plays better than his 12 h'cap. Sledges were ordinary though. Needs to work on them a little.

Thanks to Stu and Michael for a great day despite the rain.
    Thunderbirds are Go!

my record of shame

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Sledges were ordinary though. Needs to work on them a little.
    Only 1 excuse there - jetlag

besides I didn't need to sledge much they way you played LOL

s9-1 Pro 10.5 | 906f2 15* 18.5* | Maxfli a10 Tour 3-p| x-forged 52* 58* | Odyssey Black I9

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Virgal_Tracy View Post
    He certainly showed his years of hanging around Brisvegas with his first comment from my first drive encouraging it to go into the bunker.
    moi??? surely not! I'm usually the sledgee in the groups I play in.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Member Club Pro

Another vote here for a return to Macq Links, as I too thought the course was great.
    I really enjoyed the visual side of it, which was probably a good thing 'cos I saw lots of parts of it that most people probably don't get to, ummmmm, 'enjoy'.
    To say my golf sucked is being kind, so a special thanks to Vince, Craig and Mike for assisting in looking for my (personal record ) lost and wayward balls.

I enjoyed watching Coffs play solid all day and putt, well, outstandingly all day. Think he only hit a couple of drives less than perfect all day and they found the fairway too.
    Vince has played better, though he kept up a brave face all day and never quit.

I reckon the better players handled the rain and wet conditions better. I found I struggled a bit mentally with, trying to keep grips dry, how will the wet ground effect my shots, taking multiple or wrong clubs from the cart to invariably the other side of the fairway.

Personal 'highlight' was getting over the big gully par 3 , personal lowlight was blading the next chip shot back across the green back into the gully . I thought I heard laughter from back on the tee, but it may have been kookaburra .
    Oh, finding the green on the 211m, index 1, all water carry , par 3 15th and 2 putts for par was pretty pleasing too .

Thanks to all for an enjoyable day out, the drink voucher beer tasted really good too!

stu.
    Last edited by burger; 26th April 2007 at 09:26 PM.
    I'm not young enough to know everything.
    burger-link burger-bag

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    To say my golf sucked is being kind, so a special thanks to Vince, Craig and Mike for assisting in looking for my (personal record ) lost and wayward balls.
    Let's play our match there mate I really enjoy Mac Links and by the sounds of it you got to enjoy ALL of it too
    H'cap start 06 - 15 - Goal 06 - 10 - End 06 - 15
    H'cap start 07 - 15 - Goal 07 - 12 - End 07 - 10
    H'cap start 08 - 10 - Goal 08 - 9 - Now - 11 (10.5) - Best 9.1
    MIKE Link - OLD
    MIKE Link - NEW
    THE Bag

"I have always wanted to live where one could practice shots in one's pyjamas before breakfast"
    Alister MacKenzie

Thread Information