Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Default Week Commencing 19th March

Played a game at New Brighton this morning. The game was with Qantas Engineering Golf Club. Played a really scrappy game, was really up and down with the scoring. I t was one of those days where one poor shot hurt bad. I had 7 pars and 6 wipes to finish with 29 points. Ball striking on the whole was good, poor club selection really hurt me but I can live with that.

I just have to get a better idea how far I hit each club, I seem to be not thinking on the pure shot, in the past my inconsistencies of my swing meant I may have been picking clubs on the poor shot and not the good shot. I doubt I have have been through the green as much as I have in the past month .

Lets see how i go tomorrow.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Blog Entries

Played @ Twin Creeks this afternoon, with the boys, paid the extra $7.50 to enter the comp and then did not put my card in . I would have come last but I hate having NCR's in my golflink .
    The round started off pretty good and I was striking the ball really well, for 7 holes anyway. It all fell in a heap after that and I could not get the ball off the tee for the rest of the round. I was swinging tooo fast, trying tooo hard and not swinging well at all. Was not one thing wrong but many, had all the bad shots in there; topped ones, slices & off the top part of the face on the driver.
    Iron play was ok hit a few really good ones. Have to remember that the irons don't slice as much as they used to and aim a bit straighter. Putting was not too bad, little chip and runs worked ok but the lob shots were crap, really need to work on them.

25 points
    6 wipes (all on back nine)
    3 pars
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    ..... & off the top part of the face on the driver.
    You mean... POP UP'S?!
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan View Post
    You mean... POP UP'S?!
    Dan. Seems like you passed you gay fade onto G69. he was fading with the best of them.

Blog Entries

Not a pop up but very close to it, I hit one very high that was as close to a pop up you can get without having an idiot mark on it. Same shot plugged in the rough only for me to plug it even more with the attempted shot out. After that the hole was over.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by TS View Post
    Dan. Seems like you passed you gay fade onto G69. he was fading with the best of them.
    What's this? The bunt failed?

Grunt, playing with g69 is enough to screw up most peoples games. There's not many that can claim they played well while in his group.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    What's this? The bunt failed?

Grunt, playing with g69 is enough to screw up most peoples games. There's not many that can claim they played well while in his group.
    Agreed. I broke the curse last outing, thankfully!

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

The bunt is now a full blown gay fade. The only club that hasn't caught the disease yet is the putter.

G69 was showing us his repertoire of trick shots today. He was shanking wedge, even manage to shank a 5 wood.

I don't understand how Jarro can lose his match 8 & 7.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by TS View Post
    The bunt is now a full blown gay fade. The only club that hasn't caught the disease yet is the putter.

G69 was showing us his repertoire of trick shots today. He was shanking wedge, even manage to shank a 5 wood.

I don't understand how Jarro can lose his match 8 & 7.
    It's easy TS.

I obviously brought out Dicky's "A" game at Wynnum, he was surely pumped up to try and beat me.

Now he's resorted back to his usual self.. spraying them everywhere
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by jarro View Post
    It's easy TS.

I obviously brought out Dicky's "A" game at Wynnum, he was surely pumped up to try and beat me.

Now he's resorted back to his usual self.. spraying them everywhere
    Jarro. Had you consider a new career as Inspirational Speaker? Or may be you can become ALO's caddy, he may be able to turn pro with your help.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

I can see it now. Jarro standing on the tee telling A Lo what to do only to realise that ALo is still 10 mins away. Jarro chucks the bag at ALo when he gets tired of having to run between shots to catch up with the rest of the group.
    Thunderbirds are Go!

my record of shame

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

A day is a long time in golf. Played comp yesterday. Won the comp and lost .3 - seeing I was on 16.4 I was glad to get that .3 back. How do you like these stats for my back nine. I shot a 42 - and 21 of those were putss. Yep half the strokes were putts. How bad is that!!!!!!! Needless to say I spent over an hour on my putting after the game.

Today first day of pennant. Feeling confident. Playing in a cart cos of toe - weather perfect and all of a suddden the day went belly up when I was down 7 after the 10th. How humiliating!!!!!!!!! I was really nervous!. I tried to settle but my heart rate was right up there. Stupid isn't it. Managed to win the next 5 holes - but too little too late. We are off the same handicap so no excuses there. She just played great - and I was a bit too wayward. I had two pars in the first five holes - and she birdied them. Can't beat that
    So I ended up losing 3 with 2 to go. We only had one winner and one girl squared. A right royal thrasing.

Next week I really have to get the nerves in check. Can't swing easy when you're all wound up. Learnt a good lesson today.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

One word for you Reenie.....

Valium.

golflink WITB

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    One word for you Reenie.....

Valium.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Difficult day at Kooralbyn with sanded greens. 10 shots more than last time, mainly due to 2 totally butchered holes on the front 9. Highlights for me were a par on 7 (par 5) and 15 (par 4 double water carry). Lowlights were 1 and 6. And 17 after having my tee shot bounce halfway back across the lake off rocks (and having a double hit on a tap in! )

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

22/03/2007, Kooralbyn Valley Copperhead + OZgolf Matchplay

Score 42-45-87 nett 77 (Par 36-36-72 CCR 74)

Played pretty solidly after a few weeks off. So far I'm very happy with my decision to buy the G2 (and sell the DB455), as I'm hitting plenty of drives straight. There were only 2 drives I can think of that I was unhappy with. And one was trying to give it a little extra to clear the water on 10. My swing has been pretty solid of late, but the driver has been pretty forgiving when I don't get it right.

Putting was pretty good considering the greens, but I needed to get the chips a lot closer on those greens to expect up and downs. On normal greens, the chips would have been fine.

Next round: 7-8/4, Easter Open, Headland GC. (Might play Good Friday)

Blog Entries

Played @ Beverley Park this morning
    Was a social hit with some guys from work. Played ok
    89 gross
    71 nett
    70 par
    5 pars
    Had a few bad holes but also had a pretty good day in the mental stakes. No Grunt having a dummy spit . Did sort out a new method for chipping around the greens when just off. was almost a putting stroke with a 9i or PW. Several times it was good and worked out to a 1 putt result. I know it wont work at all courses but those with tight kikyiu fringe grass it may work well.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Played Helensvale GC today in a charity game for Lieukemia (sp?). Never played it before. Interesting layout, pretty short, but heaps of water and fairly strong bunkering. The greens look they were cored a week ago or thereabouts. To be honest, they were terrible. Extremely slow and bumpy.

75 gross for 36 points
    10 fairways
    10 GIR
    32 putts (including 2 x 3-putts)

golflink WITB

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

But were the covered in chicken poop?

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

35 points at Thurgoona today. I "popped" a finger (left pinkie) playing Basketball on Thurs night, and I had limited movement and no feel in it today. No real effect on full swings, but very hard to play short game shots. Hit a few rippers from the fairway today, though, in pretty tough and windy conditions.
    WITB: TBA

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

34 points around Nudgee today.

Hit the G2 pretty well, i think it might stay in the bag for a while the ironplay however was scrappy at best

Left a few putts short right on the lip of the cup as well, so i need to get that sorted
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Played at nudgee today with the guys

I had 32 points. I wasn't hitting anything badly... was hitting the driver pretty consistent. I was hitting my approach shots left of the green almost every green. It was a combination of aiming left for a fade/cut and also i pulled a couple of them. Had a chance to get some bunker practice Puts a bit of pressure on the scoring though when you have to continually get up and downs.

goughy

Weird day. Played good, played stupid. Most of my 6 x 1pointers and a wipe were due to poor decisions that didn't suit my strengths.

Still came away with 34 points so there was a lot of good stuff going on. Just don't know what it was. Hit 100% more fairways than my last game though.

2/14 fir, 4 gir, 32 putts. My putting bites the big one...

Hit my driver and 3 wood much straighter today, meaning that instead of missing an entire fairway to the left I was right in the trees on the edge of the correct fairways. But I was pounding them out there today too. But having to hit sideways 6 times doesn't do anything for my score. That's 6 shots for nothing.

Oh well, was an improvement. Might be a month to my next game. Bummer!!

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Terrible round at Cumberland today with the NSW guys. The breeze was strong, the rough was deep and the greens hard to read, but 27 points is still a bad score.

3 fairways, 3 greens in reg, 3 penalty shots. Bad golf all round.

Where's that drawing board?
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Had a tough day at Cumberland. Drive the ball badly and finished with 32 points. Need to find a driver that I can find the fairway with.

Thread Information