Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default Bonnie Doon Yesterday

An ad hoc game was arranged at Bonnie Doon for a 4 this arvo. Now before the incessant whinging, there was no confirmation of a game until it was almost too late. Those present were;

Jono - 75, nett 66 (10 skins)
    Golfer69 - 80, nett 69 (6 skins - including 5 on the 19th)
    Fishman - 87, nett 72 (2 skins)
    Trung - 85, nett 78?? (1 skin)

With the 18th out of play and the Par 5 11th disected into a par 3 and a par 4, the course was a par 69 today.

The game was played as Skins and it was fair to say the standard of golf was superb. A few short games were absent (noticably mine and perhaps Trung's) on a course that was in great nick. Not a tough course if you stay between the pegs and not long either. Not long enough for Trung and Jono anyway.

Trung was awesome off the tee all day and his nett score doesn't reflect how well he played. He's got that R7 425 dialled in beautifully after a few wayward early efforts.

Golfer69's highlight was probably the "Man Shot" off the 19th tee (9th - 400+m par 4, Index 1) - he called a big draw prior to hitting it, and it sat on the breeze and turned right to left on command. His game was nearly as annoying as he is around here - whenever a hole needed to be squared he was usually in the frame.

Jono's efforts off the tee were supreme. He wasn't as consistent as Trung, but when he got onto it he absolutely smashed it. Big high draws using that odd driver with a shaft the colour of a light-sabre. That dildo shaped putter grip seems to be doing the goods too, and for a self-confessed poor putter, he sank some real clutch putts today.

I let myself down around the greens in a massive way, but got off the tee pretty well. Lipped out for birdie on the Index 1 9th (to be squared by 69), but the highlight (of the day obviously) was the 50+ ft monster for birdie on our 13th (normal 12th?).

In all a top day out and great to catch up with Richard, Trung and Jono.

So AP, if you would like to apply some money to the participants, of course with the knowledge this was in conjunction with the Krispy Kreme World Tour - thus quadrupling the money on offer.
    Last edited by Fishman Dan; 3rd March 2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: 69's score updated. But there should be a 2-stroke penalty for bunt-drives
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Nice shooting Jono
    Sounds like you blokes had a good day.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan View Post
    So AP, if you would like to apply some money to the participants, of course with the knowledge this was in conjunction with the Krispy Kreme World Tour - thus quadrupling the money on offer.
    can't see it was an open invitiation to all ozgolfers sorry Dan... nick off

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Thanks boys and girls for the late call up. My first ozgolf game for a while and I enjoyed it. We must do it again in the near future.

G69, the "man shot" on the 19th was an absolute stunner.
    Jono, great game today, got out of trouble from almost everywhere on the course. Good score.. The doc is on fire.
    Fish, 2 great holes for 2 skins. and what about "THE PUTT"?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a good game had by all, How much were the skins worth?
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Trung View Post
    Fish, 2 great holes for 2 skins. and what about "THE PUTT"?
    Well seeing as though you asked....... Jono's reckoning was 20 metres, so there's 60 foot with atleast 6 foot of break in it too. It was a big, uphill bomb that turned right at the perfect moment.

Grant - skins were $1/hole. It didn't really put any pressure on, but the point of note was that holes were only won with par, or better on one occasion

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Hey, I better look through some of my old scores.

Let see:

I played Newcastle yesterday with a friend. We didn't keep score, but I could work something out.

There's Penrith GC 7th February
    Royal Sydney GC 11th January

Oh, & I took my 6 year old out to Tree Valley a few weeks ago. If I get him to register, can I include that one ?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Thanks for the game guys. Great fun. Luckily, we didn't see any of the thunderstorm that was predicted.

My quick impression of the day.

The general quality of play was pretty good. Only one birdie between the four of us (as Dan reminded us many times during the post round drinks) but the rest of the holes were either won or halved with pars.

G69 was consistently 50 meters behind Trung and myself off the tee all day, hitting these fade bunt shots that either got him on the fairway or just off. Then on the 19th, with 5 skins on the line, he pulled out a bomb ... what he called a "man shot", and outdrove all of us. Perhaps his back had warmed up by then.

Trung was a bit crooked off the tee (by his standards) on the front nine, but came good on the back, hitting straight drive after straight drive down the middle. He had couple of sniffs at the pot on the 17th and the 18th. Nearly got a hole in one at the 17th (actually the 16th) and had an uphill right to left 8 foot putt for the win. Unfortunately, the putt never looked like going in, missing on the low side.

It's been a while since I played with Dan, and I must say I was quite impressed with the change in his shot shape. He hit a some solid drives on the front nine with a tinge of draw spin but got a bit tired at the end, and started blocking it out to the right. By Dan's own admission, his short game was not his best on the day. I suggested going to a local park and throwing some wedges.

I played a scrambling game and my putting was much better than usual, thanks to the "dildo grip". I hit the driver well at the start, but then started blocking it out to the right which has been my tendency of late. I might have get G69 to teach me the bunt shot.

Anyway, a top day was had by all. There was some talk of a future trip down to Tassie to play Barnbougle Dunes. I hope this eventuates as this is definitely on my courses to play list.
    Last edited by Jono; 3rd March 2007 at 09:08 AM.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

You must be a different player to the one I saw out to the right a fair bit at Gainsborough, 69er.

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69 View Post
    Its only taken me 40 years to work it out but hitting fairways is the go...no matter what length.
    Why aren't you better than Tiger, if you started playing before you could walk

Terry.
    Smugmug

"Your Mamma wouldn't fit in the can Bro"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    You must be a different player to the one I saw out to the right a fair bit at Gainsborough, 69er.
    and you blokes must be short if Jono hits bombs

what's this "man-shot" crap ??

Is that where 69 gets someone else to hit it for him ?
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    and you blokes must be short if Jono hits bombs

More reason for you to go out and throw some clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69 View Post
    J
    I just read the "sledging handbook" and it says...section 3,paragraph 2, that after an 8/7 hammering you are not allowed to put $hit on your victor for a period of 12 months.
    And the victor gets to say "bend over"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    More reason for you to go out and throw some clubs.
    no.... they're short

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

I hope one to achieve the standard to play with you guys
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    I hope one DAY to achieve the standard to play with you guys
    you should never stoop to that level

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    I hope one to achieve the standard to play with you guys
    What a strange comment. It wasn't an issue of standard, but the quality on the day was up there. Put it this way, it was open season on the hangeronerer which in turned creat quality play.

Put it this way - it was strange being the high marker (by a few shots!) on 15.

What a strange comment. It wasn't an issue of standard, but the quality on the day was up there. Put it this way, it was open season on the hangeronerer which in turned creat quality play.

Put it this way - it was strange being the high marker (by a few shots!) on 15.
    My take on Grunts comment is that he felt slighted that you didn't invite him, not that he was actually not good enough to play with you. If that is indeed what he meant (and only Grunt can clarify) its not so strange but possibly just a little subtle for you Dan.

Just - nothing was lost on me, but 5 into 4 doesn't go.

What you may have overlooked was the fact that the invited participants had such a good day out in a hastily cobbled together round of golf. But perhaps you picked that up in 'your take'.

Gotta wake up pretty early to catch you out.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    It's been a while since I played with Dan, and I must say I was quite impressed with the change in his shot shape. He hit a some solid drives on the front nine with a tinge of draw spin
    So its true then?? I'm genuinely excited to see the draw swing from the guy who was formerly the worst slicer on ozgolf.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Just - nothing was lost on me, but 5 into 4 doesn't go.

What you may have overlooked was the fact that the invited participants had such a good day out in a hastily cobbled together round of golf. But perhaps you picked that up in 'your take'.

Gotta wake up pretty early to catch you out.
    Thanks for the insult.

You had a good day out playing golf with others, good on you, it wasn't lost on anyone. But your natural reply to anyone who critiques you or has a contrary opinion to yourself is to impugn that they are in someway strange or insult their intelligence. It's a constant refrain and it's tired, get a new routine.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

It's not an official NSW OZgolf round unless Grunt is there anyway.

hastily cobbled together round of golf.
    What a load of crap, I knew about this game days ago, even up here

Terry.
    Smugmug

"Your Mamma wouldn't fit in the can Bro"

Just - your post wasn't 'critique', it was an ill informed jab at something you know nothing about.

Thread Information