Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Default 2007 QLD Matchplay

Draw attached
    Attached Images
    Last edited by PeteyD; 24th September 2007 at 08:59 PM.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Major Winner

So?
    I'm back.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I'm back.

I'm back.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Smugmug

"Your Mamma wouldn't fit in the can Bro"

Dave defeats Moe 4 & 2.

Was a pretty average display really, surprised I lasted until the 16th.

Quick rundown.

1. Dave hammers it down the centre, Moe in the rough left under a tree. Dave pulls left into the trap, Moe hits a punched draw but puts too much on it and also goes in the trap. Daves blasts out about 30 feet bast hole, Moe puts bunker shot to about 8 feet. Dave burns the edge and taps in, Moe misreads and never hit the hole. All square.

2. Dave blocks it right, out into the shit. Thommo on left side of fairway. Dave punches out about 60m short of green, Thommo puts 7 iron to about 12 feet. Dave pitches on and leaves about 8 feet for par and again burns the edge. Thommo races birdie putt way past and misses the return 6 footer with another bad read. All square

3. Dave smashes another hefty tee shot and flies the traps, Thommo goes down the leftside into casual water. Dave skanks his hybrid short and right, Thommo hits hybrid pin high about 20m left of green. Dave puts it in the front trap and Thommo hits a flop to about 15 feet. Dave nearly holes bunker shot and taps in for par. Thommo leaves biirdie putt short, and taps in for a half. All square

4. Dave puts tee shot about 25 feet left of pin. Thommo misses green to right and kicks into hazard - less said the better. Dave makes par and goes 1 up.

5. Dave hits solid tee shot, but it stays on the ridge above the hole, leaving a VERY difficult putt accross a ridge and down the hill from about 20 feet. Thommo sticks it to about 10 feet. Dave makes a decent fist of his putt, leaving about 5 feet for par. Thommo hits a good putt, burns the edge and stays out. Dave rams his par putt into the back of the cup for a solid half to stay 1 up.

6. Dave hooks left and short, kicks off tree into centre of fairway. Thommo in light rough to right, both knock it on the green and two putt for a half. Dave 1 up

7. Daves skanks hybrid left, Thommo stripes it down the centre. PeteyD then confuses us all by telling us the distance markers aren't right. We all guess..Dave guesses right, Thommo doesn't. Thommo hits a pure 9 iron straight over the flag, but goes long. Chips on and misses 6 footer for par, another bad read. Dave 2 jabs to go 2 up.

8. Dave smashes tee shot down the right, Thommo takes on the corner ang gets over. Dave has a little 80m pitch he puts to about 3 feet. Thommo is in casual water about 40m out, gets a flyer and dumps it in the piss, drops one and gets up & down. Dave safely makes the 2 putts to go 3 up.

9. Dave hits it up the middle, Thommo hits it in light rough right. Thommo now 3 down takes aggressive approach and smashes 3 wood but just catches the front greenside bunker. Dave lays up safely then knocks a wedge to about 10 feet. Thommo decels badly on his bunker shot, then gets up and down for par. Dave holes 10 footer for birdie to go 4 up through 9.

10. Dave smashes it down the centre, Thommo blocks it way right out onto the 11th fairway. Thommo really struggling off the tee now. Dave pulls his approach left, Thommo hits it to about 20 feet. Dave fails to get up & down and Thommo safely 2 putts to get 1 back and be three down.

11. Thommo elects to take 'safety club' off the tee and pulls 3 wood way left onto 12th fairway. Dave hits into light rough left. Thommo hits a hilary swank and gets a luck bounce off tree to fairway. Pitches on and misses 10 footer for Par. Dave pushes approach into right bunker and fails on sand save for a half. Dave 3 up.

12. Dave stripes another one down the middle, Thommo again pulls left into the trees. Dave hits approach about 30 feet long and left of pin. Thommo leaves 9 iron about 20 feet from flag just off green. Thommo holes his little pitch shot for birdie and Dave leaves it short in the heart. Dave 2 up.

13. Thommo stripes 4 iron to about 10 feet, Dave skanks it short and right. Pitches right next to Thommo's ball and misses putt for Par. Thommo lags it down there and taps in for Par. Dave 1 up.

14. This is the one hole on the course Thommo gets his shot, after a small fightback he is confident getting a shot on a Par 5 to get it back to square. Instead he continues to struggle from the tee, and pulls it WAY left onto 15. Dave hits a monster down the middle. Thommo has 100 foot pines between him and the hole, tries to hit a massive high draw with hybrid and doesn't get through trees. Ball is lost, meanwhile Dave is struggling but taps in for 7 to WIN the hole Dave 2 up. Disaster for Thommo there, to have a shot and lose the hole to a double bogey.

15. Dave hits perfect cut to corner of dogleg, Thommo has now given up on the driver and hits 'safety' 3 wood and skies it....then chips up to dogleg and leaves wedge at front of green. Dave pitches on and 2 putts for par to go Dormie 3.

16. Writing is on the wall here for Thommo after a mini fightback. Dave asserts his authority, having the honour he nearly makes an ace. Leaving his tee shot 80cm from the hole. Thommo now needs an ace to stay in it! Misses the green to the right, Dave taps in and takes victory 4 & 2.

Not a bad match in the end, I couldn't hit a fairway to save my life and Dave burnt the edge of the hole all day without really holing anything. I think the 510 TP Tour has seen the D2 lurking in the cupboard!
    Last edited by Moe Norman; 26th August 2007 at 08:12 PM.
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Moral of the story ?

New driver and glasses for Thommo ?

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Well played dc68. Bad luck Moe. Time for a 460cc beast...or whatever dc68's using!

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

I think he has one in the cupboard (a 460 beast that is, DC has an R7 Shallow)

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    Moral of the story ?

New driver and glasses for Thommo ?
    already got the new driver

considering I couldn't hit 3 wood either, I think it was just one of those days on the tee.....
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Oi It was only a bogie not a double.
    Thanks for the game mate I was worried after the 13th, trust me.
    I'm back.

I had budgeted to be all square through 14, thats for sure.

Then you went birdie, birdie on 16 and 17 so it would have been over anyway.
    Moe Norman

No, but we are both playing Nambour so I would presume that it will be completed by then.

PS. Eags is gonna smash you.
    I'm back.

Good to see you know it.
    I'm back.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Rich v Dicky
    Barny v chop chop

some good matches coming up!

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

After this match, we'll know once and for all who is the biggest Dick.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69 View Post
    Dion...its being promoted as "The battle of the Dicks" thank you very much.
    top stuff Rich
    Oh buy the way, nice use of reverse psychology

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69 View Post
    Dion...its being promoted as "The battle of the Dicks" thank you very much.
    yeah, Battle of Big Horn was definitely not an appropriate title.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

It was Little Big Horn wasn't it?
    I'm back.

2 dicks going hard at it ..... sounds like a movie you might find in Blakes closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Norman View Post
    already got the new driver

considering I couldn't hit 3 wood either, I think it was just one of those days on the tee.....

Get rid of that 3-ball sack of shite too.
    I'm back.

Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jarro View Post
    2 dicks going hard at it ..... sounds like a movie you might find in Blakes closet.

Quote Originally Posted by jarro View Post
    I dont wanna know what you were doing in my closet Jarro.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

He's definitely out of the closet now.

Major Winner

Off topic but AndyP, who the hell is that crack head looking dude as your avatar??

Thread Information