Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Default 2007 QLD Matchplay

Draw attached
    Attached Images
    Last edited by PeteyD; 24th September 2007 at 07:59 PM.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

the bait fell off the hook
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

It's easy to ignore posts. Some others should try it sometimes.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

*temptation to vent still evident (must go work before posting and getting reeled in!)*
    Golflink
    Tour Edge Exotics 9*|Titleist pt15*|KingCobra sz 5w|Adams A2 5-P|Hogan 54*-Clev 900 60*-feel 64*|Scotty Studio Stainless Newport

goughy

Actually, I always thought that in matchplay, if a mistake is made and on the course but neither partner picks it up, and then the match finishes, hands are shaken and you leave the course, then the result will stand.

At least that's how I thought it worked with matchplay. It is just between the two competitors.

So I would think that the match is a draw and time for another 18

I never shook the prick's hand.

No free-be being given out here goughy. I made sure i said to AndyP before we tee'd off if he was happy with the matchplay format and he said he was. Add that with, your point of if not being pointed out at the time it stands ... So he'll have to beat me the long way
    Last edited by kpac; 23rd March 2007 at 07:40 PM.
    Golflink
    Tour Edge Exotics 9*|Titleist pt15*|KingCobra sz 5w|Adams A2 5-P|Hogan 54*-Clev 900 60*-feel 64*|Scotty Studio Stainless Newport

That's not fair, that made it look like i bit the hook, yet i was typing at the same time and... and.... oh.....!
    Golflink

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Ohh. Tell us what you really think AP.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

goughy

I'd like to say that it seems someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning; but he's probably been up all night with the little holden!!

Don't be so gullible, McFly.

Don't be so gullible, McFly.
    i was typing at the same time, that doesn't count
    Golflink

goughy

I don't know who your calling McFly, so I'll just answer it.

If I'm McFly, then that makes you Biff. And if I remember correctly he always ends up a loser.

That's Loo hoo, hoo ser!!

I was calling you McFly, goughy, and I won't be dragged down to your level, stinky bum.

kpac, what was in your first reply pre-edit?

goughy

I was calling you McFly, goughy, and I won't be dragged down to your level, stinky bum.
    The only way you would know if I had a stinky bum or not was if your nose was in it, brown noser...

Just hand on a minute AP. I need to go ask jasmine if she knows of any other names I can call you. I'm not up on my 5 year old name calling you seemto have started.

Ok, she said I should also call you a Poo Poo Head. Heck, it even fits if you've been brown nosing
    Last edited by goughy; 23rd March 2007 at 08:13 PM.

kpac, what was in your first reply pre-edit?
    nah, same with off spelt 'of'
    Golflink

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Don't talk to them Francis they are poo poo hands.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

well, Perci and i played out our little matchplay today at Nudgee, single stroke...

so Perc invites me to tee off first and after being really happy with my straightish driving, i proceed to slice it out into the water. hmm... this is going to be a fun day, not. Perc obliges by hooking. ofcourse, Jarro, straight down the middle - great drive. Perci and i both end up bogeying the hole. mmm... not so bad. thinking to myself while walking to the 2nd tee, "relax, relax".

2nd, i pull drive left into trees, Perci goes right into trees. i get up to near the green for 2, i'm thinking "good, keep calm, Perci's lost his first". then i proceed to do all sorts of weird chips and putts for an 8. aaarrrggghhh! Perci, 1 up

3rd, par 3, P goes into the front bunker. i hit mine down the right, possibly in the hazard. i'm thinking as i walk to up "please be out of the hazard" and there it is - safe! thank god for that. ofcourse, P with a mongrel bunker shot to play, is not fazed, and puts it REAL close. hmmm... i chip close too, we both sink out putts.

then E, P 1 up, E. ok, 7th we're starting again...

so to cut it short, Perci was having problems off the tee, and early on spending a bit of time in the greenside bunkers. i was a bit over the place. had some good chips and sank some putts, but then missed others. i was 2 up starting the 16th, which we both bogeyed, but i had a shot, so it was over, 3 and 2.

thanks Perc and Jarro. was a great day for golf that's for sure. pity we all didn't play a little bit better.

Congrats Rusty.........well played Sounds like my pennant games - up and down - good and bad
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

What's this secret match business?

Bad luck, perci. Well done, Rusty. You'll be getting an OZgolfer on their fourth match of the year in your next round.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Well played Rusty,i don't think you will be off 16 to much longer,keep up the good work.On the other hand i'll be off 16 soon if i don't start hitting some fairways,only hit 2 and 1 of those was with my hybrid,but an enjoyable day all the same thanks guys.

goughy

Quote Originally Posted by perci View Post
    Well played Rusty,i don't think you will be off 16 to much longer,keep up the good work.On the other hand i'll be off 16 soon if i don't start hitting some fairways,only hit 2 and 1 of those was with my hybrid,but an enjoyable day all the same thanks guys.
    Welcome to my world! I'd shake your hand but I need them to move another tree branch out of my way.

Look at it this way, more time spent in the trees is less time getting sunburnt in the hot sun

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Terry def BrisVegas 6 & 5. Terry played great (for a part-time golfer) and was simply too good on the day. Just to put the result beyond doubt, I played my worst round in months. Congrats Tez. Drive safe this arvo mate.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

The epic matchplay finally ends on the 52nd hole.
    AndyP def kpac, 3 and 2 at McLeod GC after being all square at Gailes and Kooralbyn.

Today's match seemed to follow the trend of our other matches, where I started out strong (3up thru 4 today) and then had to struggle to fight kpac off on the back nine (1up thru 10). As is the case with all matches we could both look back and think about missed opportunities, me to close out, kpac to make it tighter. Fortunately for me, I finally got over the line. The two extra shots I received today, compared to the first two matches probably helped too.

Things of note from the match:
    • My parring of the first 4 holes (and 7 of the first to put the pressure on early.
    • kpac's miracle square on the par 4 15th (our 6th) after hitting off the tee for his third and still making bogey.
    • On the par 5 3rd (our 12th), I hit an absolute shocker off the tee from the heel of the driver into the water hazard. It turned out that it was just sitting on the mud. After taking onboard the advice from my playing partners and the voices in my head, I decided to have a crack at it (it was also a hole where I was giving a shot, otherwise I would have taken the drop). I proceeded to top the ball and bury the ball about a foot into the mud. Once we suspected that that was what happened, I got to digging with my 6 iron (I almost gave up on finding it, it was so far down).
    Thanks for accepting my invite to join in the matchplay, Kent. I like OZgolf matchplay because it gives me the opportunity to play matchplay, because I can't at my club. I got a little more than I bargained for, but it was great fun.

Yeah nice win andy. You played decent stretches of very good golf today mate. My putter let me down too often today, only putt of decent length that i sunk was after the result was finalised. I actually thought the rest of my game was alright (only one rough drive), just wasn't leaving the pitches close enough or the long putts as tap ins. It did get pretty close there for a while. I also found the course pretty tough actually, long par 3's dont sit well with me and there are plenty out there...
    Never the less the match was a good one there was some quality golf this time for a change.
    Golflink

Shavey v BrisWesty - BrisWesty won 6/5.

It didn't help Shavey's cause that he went residential on the 11th & 4th, or 2 putted from 6" on the 1st, or 4 putted the 2nd.

I played solid golf especially while the match play was on - 39 on the back, 45 on the front. That said there's still something wrong with the concept of triple bogeying a hole to halve it in order to win the game.

7 fairways, 5 GIR, 28 putts and hopefully noone got closer than the 75cm approach on the 5th.

And Blakey - sorry about almost cleaning you up with that knifed PW on the 18th.

Shavey, Vegas and Tezza - thanks for a fun (almost hysterically funny at times) morning.

Worst thing about the day was getting flashed by the cops on the way home.
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Woods - Turbo Power III+ 3 & 5 wood
    Irons - Oxygen - Type S 3HL, 4HL, 5-PW
    Wedges - xds 56 & 60 degree
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

H'cap - 12.7 on 1/1/08, 12.8 on 1/1/09, 13.7 on 1/1/10

http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapH..._no=4130402024

"I played golf. I did not get a hole in one, but I did hit a guy. That was way more satisfying." Mitch Hedberg

Thread Information