Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Howdy ya'll from Moranbah....Hey.

Well we have been here for a week now and are finally settled in the tiny house they have given us. I thought my house in Brisbane was small
    Friendly town, everyone you walk past seems to say hello.

I'll never complain about nothing being open in Brisbane again after this morning. Went out for the paper and maybe something from the bakery...No chance. The only things open where the newsagent,servos and 1 takeaway shop. Everything also closes at noon on Saturdays too

Had a quick look at the golf course, looks a bit ordinary, but I guess its better than nothing...Maybe

Was hoping to put my feet up and take it easy till I came back to Brisbane. So I wasn't really going to look for work until I got back from Brisbane in late February. Yeah right, I start work, sub contracting a for guy on Monday who has 300 houses to do. Seems up here work finds you.

Kids seem to be settling in OK and also the dog now we have him at home after a quick dash into Mackay that took 14 hours. Left at 8am and got home at 10pm after the highway was closed after a fatal accident. We got halfway home and stopped to give the dog a drink and a guy told us the highway was closed 20 kms down the road and will be closed for 3 to 5 hours.

After hanging around at the roadhouse for awhile and having dinner there, we found our that there was a back road. Well long story short, not going that way again until I get a 4x4

Terry.
    Smugmug

"Your Mamma wouldn't fit in the can Bro"

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Good to hear everything is going ok Tezz,hows the heat up there.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Hey Tez, sounds like you are going to be kept very busy mate.
    One good thing about small towns is the locals are usualy friendly, but they also know everything about everyone

Good luck with it mate

Not too bad at this stage. Its hot, but nothing we didn't have in Brisbane before we left. Nothing unbearable....YET

The worst thing about the heat is going from a brick cavity house with 9ft6" ceiling with insulation, to a fibro house with 8ft ceilings with no insulation

I'm sure we will get a run of 40* days in the not to distant future.

Thank God the guy I am subbying to isn't a roof plumber

Terry.
    Smugmug

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Hey Terry
    Does the airport there need a Licenced Aircraft Engineer? With QANTAS going full private in the near future I may need a job.
    Hope you are all settling in well, good to hear the dog got there all ok.
    In regards to the house are you guys going to buy up there or just rent for the term you have to stay up there?
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Glad to hear you're settling in well mate, send us some pics when you get a chance
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

full review of course tezza, maybe we should have an ozgiolf day there
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

g'day mate... All the best at Moranbah.

After starting work yesterday and doing a lazy 10 hours, I'm sitting on my butt today cause it is hosing down. Has been most of the morning and doesn't look like letting up at all

After spending a few more days in town, I really feel out of place cause I haven't got a HSV Clubsport or GT or big boat in the front yard.
    One thing you can say about the miner here is they love their toys. Every second house seems to have one or two of the above.

Saw the ultimate toy drive past the house I was working on yesterday, a bloody big black Hummer.

Will get some pics up of the town and golf course soon and hopefully of some of the mining sites including one of those little drag-line thingys. meet a guy that works on site with them and said he would take me out for a look.

Terry.
    Smugmug

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

your old man's GT would be right at home up there Tez. Maybe you should offer to take it off his hands.....

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

That would be nice Vegas, but I think I'll settle for nice 4x4 turbo diesel twin cab

Terry.
    Smugmug

Thread Information