Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jaster!

Member Club Pro

So sorry to hear this news guys, just so sad!

Leon got me over to OzGolf a month or so after it started, as we had got to know each other a little on BSG years ago. He always took a genuine interest in my golf and we shared quite a few PM's discussing clubs and tournaments. Unfortunately I never got to meet him. Just seemed like an absolute ripping bloke!

Every time I log in here I check to see if there is any news on his health battle. This time, when I saw the heading, I knew what it meant.
    TM Tour R1 Black - Fuji Blur TS 65S
    TM Jetspeed Tour 15* - Motore Speeder TP X
    Callaway X-Hot Pro 18* - ProjX 6.0
    4-9 Titleist 714 AP2 - Proj X 5.5
    Vokey SM5 51*, 55*
    Cleveland 588REG. 60*
    TM Spider Limited

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Iain / Tez / Jarro - I'll be going to the funeral now. If anyone wants to share a car up there, I'll have ours. It can seat 4 at a pinch... I was thinking of leaving around 11:00 - 11:15 to be there half an hour early.

Let me know.

I'd need to be back to Bris around 5pm to collect Sandy from the train station (Goodna).

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Vegas, if it is just you and I, we can take my ute (bit more leg room for us and benefits of it being a work ute ) so you can leave the car for Sandra.

Terry.
    Smugmug

"Your Mamma wouldn't fit in the can Bro"

Guys count me in as well. I have been unable to muster up words to put down so there is no way I will miss saying goodbye to my mate.

I have my company car that can fit 4 easily. Lets talk separately

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by nudgee
    Guys count me in as well. I have been unable to muster up words to put down so there is no way I will miss saying goodbye to my mate.

I have my company car that can fit 4 easily. Lets talk separately
    Thanks Jamie, I will drive to where ever is easiest to leave from....

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Jamie, if you had room in your car I would like to come with you guys?
    Just let me know where to meet you and I will be there.
    I finish a graveyard shift Fri morning so I will shoot home and get a few hours sleep then meet up with you guys.

What time where you heading up?

goughy

His family have asked for donations to be made to the Toowomba Base Hospital Oncology Unit. Leah considers them family now and they have been a tremendous source of support to Leah, Leon and their family for 18 months.

Leah rang me today and has given me the honour of being a pall bearer for Leon. I could hardly speak.

The same goes while I read this thread. Speaking to Leah today, I will be giving her a copy of this thread, along with the other threads where Leon has given us updates on his battle. I'm also going to give her a copy of every post that Leon made here. I'll be asking Jason at isg and Todd at BSG if we can do the same from their. It's a part of Leon's world she and their family's heard about often but was probably not so much a part of. She'd love to read through it all, as would his family. I think she'll be proud of what she reads.

While on this subject, does anyone know of any other forum or internet communities that Leon was a part of. I'd like to contact them with similar requests.

Events like this always remind you of what's important - friends, family. I sent an email out to all 500 of my extended family (my students) - I thought I'd copy some of it here. I've already had an overwhelming number of students thank me for reminding them that even though they have pressures from parents to be "successful" - the things that really matter have nothing to do with the material trappings. Especially at this time of year.

I often ask students "what do you want to achieve?" and most respond with something like "I want to be rich" or "I want to drive a fancy sports car". Today's society seems to measure success based on accumulation of physical wealth - of big houses, fancy clothes, nice cars, a new mobile phone or digital camera.

When you lose a friend, you don't remember those material things. You remember how they treated you and others.

So I encourage you all - think carefully about life. Who do you want to be?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

[QUOTE=goughy]His family have asked for donations to be made to the Toowomba Base Hospital Oncology Unit. Leah considers them family now and they have been a tremendous source of support to Leah, Leon and their family for 18 months.
    [QUOTE]

Can someone post the details for us? I'd like to make a donation.

Thanks

Rob
    Fat, drunk, and five-over-par is no way to go through life, son.

WITB:

R9 Tour 9.5 Fubuki 73X
    Burner TP 14.5 Ozik 8M2 X
    Nike SQ2 17* GD PM702 X
    Callaway X-Forged 4 Dot 4-PW PX 6.5
    Callaway X-Forged 50*, 54*, 58* PX 6.5
    YES! Dianna

goughy

I'll ring the Toowoomba Base Encology department tomorrow and get their details. I'll post them here in case anyone would like to make a personal donation.

I'll also be arranging something through here shortly as well if anyone is interested. We also have some hats to sell and the full procedes will be donated.

goughy

If anyone who happens to be coming on Friday wants to make a donation there will be envelopes available.

Guys just gone through the PMs and I can get dads big fairlane that will fit 5 comfortably rather than take two cars. Maybe we can meet at Tezzas place - perhaps Eags and Dion can catch up with me at Milton and we can go from there and pick up Iain and Tezza at Tezzas joint.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by goughy
    I'm also going to give her a copy of every post that Leon made here.
    This should be able to be done with a database query that will be able to spit it out in text form. Let me know if you want me to look into it.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

jamie, sounds good. i gotta leave my car near a train station for sandy. Is either auchenflower or goodna a possibility for you to collect me from?

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Hey guys - just a suggestion... maybe we could put our heads together and organise something as a tribute to his contributions to ozgolf to present on Friday to his family or to be placed on his coffin so everyone else can know how much of an impact he made on this community ???

I know we will also give money... and traditionally you take flowers, but how about something that's more about ozgolf ???

Any suggestions???

Also - to all those attending, I was thinking we should all wear our ozgolf shirts.....

Please let me know your thoughts ..........

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by nudgee
    Guys just gone through the PMs and I can get dads big fairlane that will fit 5 comfortably rather than take two cars. Maybe we can meet at Tezzas place - perhaps Eags and Dion can catch up with me at Milton and we can go from there and pick up Iain and Tezza at Tezzas joint.
    Sounds good to me Jamie, what time would you like me there?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

If the family were ok with it an ozgolf shirt or hat on top of hte coffin would be a fairly symbolic gesture I think?

I never met Jaster, and his health was fading by the time I really got into this forum, but his reputation among others here speaks enough!

You will be missed Jaster...

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Being a farther of 4 young children I find it unimaginable and so terribly heartbreaking to hear this sad news.

My prayers and thoughts are with Leon’s family and this most difficult time.

I was not sure what to say or if this was worth mentioning, but I am sure he will appreciate the thought.

I was looking for some golf balls earlier in the year and Jaster came to my rescue with 15 Pro V1x’s. He sent me a PM he said “hit them long and go low”

Last week I played my first round in a couple of months and was not hitting it too well. On about the forth hole I pulled out one of his golf balls and all of a sudden I started to hit the ball longer than I ever had in my life. It was truly amazing.

Thanks Jaster you were one of a kind and will be missed. Enjoy that course in the sky. “Hit them long and go low!”
    Stoney's Golflink Stoney's Bag
    Titleist 917D3, Titleist 917F3, Titleist AP2 716 4-PW iron,
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52, 56 & 60 Ping Vault Anser2

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Didn't know what to say so didn't say anything - met Jaster a few times and everything said here reflects the man.

All our love to his family and friends.

RIP mate.

Caz and Paul

goughy

To those who have asked about or wish to make donations. At the funeral there will be envelopes where donations can be made to the TMBA oncology unit. I rang them today to ask about how others can send in donations. In a way you can't. Any donations would go to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation and while they would still go to the benefit of cancer patients, they wouldn't specifically go to the Oncology unit.

It has been arranged for the donations on friday to go to the oncology unit. They suggested sending any donations to Leah as she may be able to send in further ones under the same arrangement. If anyone would like to do such please pm me and I will forward her details.

Another option is if anyone wished they could send any donations to me or one of the others coming on friday and we could make the donation using the envelopes on your behalf. Obviously about the only way we could do this in time would be through direct deposit. But I thought I'd mention it as an option.

Goughy,

Can we send it via Ozgolf Paypal?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Great Idea Jono
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

goughy

Yes you can. But I'd have to give it to Leah next week as robyn says it takes a few days to transfer from paypal to my account so we can withdraw it.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Will that be OK Goughy? I will donate tonight if yo ugive it the tick.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Thread Information