Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default SMT Spectrum 9* - EI-70 II S flex review

Since having a dreadful day in the office I decided to give the range a wave and watched Legend of Bagger Vance again (for about 13 times) But it's not even 10pm so yeah, do a review on my new love

Bought the club from OnaBreak and it comes in goodnick, thanks Adam.

I was never a believer on TT's graphite product so I talked to Terry for suggestion of next shaft before I got the club but decided I will ditch the NV in my 3 wood so I thought I will put it into my Spectrum. But after a couple of hit I decided to sell the NV and keep the EI-70 II

Shaft: Plays more like a firm than stiff flex especially when I want to full whack (especially in front of those young females in Logan City) it just go right and failed me. But if I be a good boy and do the right thing, the shaft feel very good and very "energetic"/"sportive"... I don't know if it's the right word to put it but it's what I feel.

Head: The head is 21cc larger than the Nemesis (370 cc for the Nemo) I borrowed from Terry - for yonks!! (Thanks Tez) and I just love the semi-brown/semi-black colour under the sun. Looks awesome.

Distance: I just hit a 280 meters drive a couple of time, how I know it? Well, there's a 280 something meters hole in Ashgrove GC and when I approach the ball it's behind the green. The club is LOOOOOOOOONG!!

Forgiveness: It has a deeper face than the Nemesis, I would say it's more forgiving from up to down of the face but about the same from left to right.

Accuracy: Well, I can't really comment on that, I don't even know where's my SW pitch gonna end up. But I see more fairway since I hitting with Spectrum so I guess it's better.

Feel: That's the strongest department I like it over the Nemesis, it just feel so, SOLID!!! When I hit it right, the strong solid feel just transfer to my arms then to my heart and it gives me a "mental excitment" I never had from any other driver (except R7) and even I hit the fairway I want to just hit 1 more to have that feel again. I LOVE THIS CLUB!!

That's my review for my Spectrum.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Ive said it once an Ill say it again.. thats brilliant andy

Legend of OZgolf Touring Pro (European Tour)

Did you pay Tezza hire fees for his Nemesis??
    RIP 1974-2006

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Re: SMT Spectrum 9* - EI-70 II S flex review

Quote Originally Posted by andylo
    young females in Logan City, the shaft feel very good and very "energetic"/"sportive"... Head - for yonks!! (Thanks Tez) and I just love the semi-brown/semi-black colour under the sun.
    I LOVE THIS CLUB!!

Nice

sounds like your girlfriend has some competiton Andylo

nice review mate, you a truly a great wordsmith
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by jaster
    Did you pay Tezza hire fees for his Nemesis??
    PMed you Leo

Legend of OZgolf Touring Pro (European Tour)

No probs andy!! Pmed back
    RIP 1974-2006

Member Club Pro

Default Re: SMT Spectrum 9* - EI-70 II S flex review

Quote Originally Posted by andylo
    When I hit it right, the strong solid feel just transfer to my arms then to my heart and it gives me a "mental excitment" I never had from any other driver (except R7) and even I hit the fairway I want to just hit 1 more to have that feel again. I LOVE THIS CLUB!!

Nice review Andy!

stu
    I'm not young enough to know everything.
    burger-link burger-bag

Thread Information