Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nrl 2024

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Nrl 2024

I see the AFL thread on my new posts so thought I better start something for the Leaguies

A couple of weeks in and as usual with the great game, stories aplenty, rumours of coach sackings and surprisingly no word of any real shenanigans in Vegas

Questions that I'm pondering in no particular order

- if Trell drops a C bomb on live TV will Andrew Abdo do anything and will Demetriou be there to witness it
    - if the refereeing was hopeless last year can they plumb new depths this year, early indications are they're on track
    - will my pre season call that the Broncos miss the 8 come to pass
    - Benje, can he miss the spoon
    - can "Peptide" Flanno turn around the woeful Dragons, will Ben Hunt kick more stones around the Taj Mahal or can Lomax best him
    - will the purple filth with no Munster miss the 8 or will Bellyache and his wrestling staff reintroduce the sleeper hold to secure points
    - will anyone besides a few pissheads at Northies care about the Sharks
    - at what point will they close the Dally M's and give it to Luke Brooks as he and DCE set Manly on a course to 70s glory
    - will the incessant chatter about the Bears finally subside or will they secure the 25th franchise as the Seychelles Sea Bears

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Answers in order.

1. Latrell won't be joining this website because he can't swear here, so we can't ask him. But, no. He is protected, and can do anything he likes. I expect him to be captain/coach by round 8.
    2. Yes. The bunker over-ruling the ref on the field, who saw the incident with his/her own eyes, will be the number 1 topic.
    3. No.
    4. Yes.
    5. Yes. The answer to both 4 and 5 rests with Des Hasler.
    6. No.
    7. No, except for Phil Rothfield. He cares.
    8. Luke Brooks will be first player dropped when Manly lose 3 games in a row. He could still have a big enough lead to win the Dally M, but does anyone care about that award?
    9. No. Dreamers never give up. Look at the A League soccer.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Loved seeing the Tigers win at Leichardt yesterday, should keep Rothfield and the attack dogs from Newscorp off their back for a week. Onya Benji.

Thread Information