Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default WDYSTM - February 2024

Kicking off this month with likely my last Friday black marker event for the year, shooting 82/72 for a third place finish in A grade. Bit of a practice round for tomorrow's first round of club championships as well, as the pins will probably be in the same positions. Not really sure why that is, when I worked there we always changed them on Saturdays.

Really good day with the driver putting 10/11 shots with it in good position, most of them on the fairway. Just need to get the radar working properly on the irons.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Monthly medal today. 75/67. Struck it pretty well, but couldnt buy a putt. Lost a ball just off the fairway on the 14th. Had to go back to the tee. Made birdie with the second ball. 3 putts from 15 feet on the 1st and 9th were lowlights. Looking forward to the club champs in a few weeks. Hoping to drop another shot or two before then.

9/13 fairways
    11GIR
    32putts

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Monthly Medal and first round of clubbies. I played with covid, a shit cough and a headache. We also had the committee meeting this morning that went for 2 hrs. By the time I got to the first tee I had about 20 chips and a few putts for warm up. Should of backed it up with a beer or 2 but I would have probably stayed in the bar.
    Turned 4 over thru 9 with 2 late birdies to make it look a bit better that 6 over. Putting not great. Second 9 I held it together for an even par back 9 with a 3 putt on 18 just to ruin my good putting.
    75/72
    35 points
    4 birdies
    31 putts
    Leading by 9 shots in A grade gross.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Will probably regret asking, however.........why would you expose your playing partners and the committee to your Rona?

Hot conditions for the monthly Stroke round at Stirling today. 87 gross, 74 net off 13. Felt i played well overall but made too many unforced errors and then seemed to compound them into doubles at times with poor chipping. Putting was particularly good however. Tee game still my weakest link. 2 week break till my next round.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

First round of club champs yesterday couldn't have started much worse with three doubles and a triple in the first four holes. I managed to stop the rot after that and played alright for the rest of the round outside of a couple of silly holes on the back 9. Ended up shooting 87/77. I'm not that happy with the score, but I am that I didn't let the bad start get to me and completely ruin the day. There was a time where something like that would have led to going close to raising the bat.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Will probably regret asking, however.........why would you expose your playing partners and the committee to your Rona?
    I sat away with a mask at the meeting and did my best to keep distance during the day. Plus I want to win another clubbies.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Major Winner

Bit off topic.
    How times have changed.
    For years pre COVID people had colds and flus and unless they were really crook bed ridden mingled in public without people being the infected or uninfected giving two hoots.
    COVID comes along resulting in shutdowns, lockdowns and isolation.

Now the expectation of what someone should do is different.

No judgements here, just an observation.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I think golf with covid is fine. Look at the Australian cricket team, Green had covid in the most recent test, and someone (forget who) had it for the recent ODI. You'd be hard-pressed to catch it from a playing partner outdoors if you're sensible (not sharing carts, etc.).

Member Trainee Pro

Had a 4&3 win today in Pennant at a course neither of us had played before. Drove the ball well which was his undoing I think. Getting a W in matchplay is an unrivalled feeling in golf
    Happiness is a long walk with a putter.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by rickie prowler View Post
    Had a 4&3 win today in Pennant at a course neither of us had played before. Drove the ball well which was his undoing I think. Getting a W in matchplay is an unrivalled feeling in golf
    Where today?I went down on 18 today playing A3, 1dn. Shot 80 off the plated at Federal so wasn't unhappy.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Rubbish 28 points today. Rhythm and tempo with the driver was all over the place which didn't help. It was better with irons and wedges into greens, and I made a few nice up and downs from bunkers which was pleasing. If only I'd transferred the rhythm and tempo from those shots to the tee ...

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

03/02/2024, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees (Scr 66 + 2 Sl 119 Par 67), Monthly Medal.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch.

Scoring BPBBPXbPP PBPPBBPPP; 39-35-74 (+4:+3:+67) nett 69. Ball run down.
    Played to 5.7. Golflink 5.5 (-0.2).

A few weeks since a round report with a week off and a 2-man ambrose.

Things looked messy early with all five shots "used" through six holes, although I felt like I was hitting it well enough but getting overly punished for the bad ones. Stayed the course and finished with a good score despite course conditions, which was wet, with thick rough and dodgy greens; daily difficulty was +2. I enjoyed about 6 weeks, if that, of the greens being great to putt on, however they did a light coring to help fight some disease, so that nullified my strength (two three putts). Irons were solid when they had the chance from the fairway, following an okay range session earlier in the week. Made three out of three fantastic up and downs on the last three holes that have low indexes, including a pitch shot through the branches of a tree and 5m putt, and a flop shot to a pin tucked behind a bunker.
    Last edited by AndyP; 1st March 2024 at 08:33 PM.

AndyP - Gee you play those last 3 holes at WP well!

golflink WITB

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    AndyP - Gee you play those last 3 holes at WP well!
    If only that were true. Mean score last year for those three with pars of 3, 4, and 4 was 3.7, 4.6, and 4.7, with a median and mode of bogey on each. 20 double bogeys or worse across 26 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    If only that were true. Mean score last year for those three with pars of 3, 4, and 4 was 3.7, 4.6, and 4.7, with a median and mode of bogey on each. 20 double bogeys or worse across 26 rounds.
    ok, maybe I've just noticed the times when you have finished with pars.

golflink WITB

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I had a totally honest 36 points today. I played well and kept leaving the ball in easy spots when I mis-hit one.

The only problem with all of this is that I'll lose another shot, meaning I'll have to shoot the lights out in relative terms just to play to handicap. No prizes for me for a while, but I'll enjoy the ride while it lasts.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Got 2 rounds in today at different courses in a solo social hit.

Round 1 on a course never played before. Interesting course in that only the Tee blocks, the small Greens and a 10m circle around the Greens are irrigated grass. From Tee to Green it’s natural grasses so at this time of year there’s no grass.
    Hit it terrible off the Tee and didn’t get one in play until the 15th. Well I did hit 2 good ones before that but both went through the doglegs. Chipped and putted well to save a big score.

BBBBppppT BpppDpBBB
    3x Effective Drives
    25 Putts
    0x Birdies
    1x Hosel Rockets

Second round after a drive and some lunch.
    Full irrigated course this time that I’ve played once before and liked it. Today the course was in fantastic condition and a real pleasure to play. My like has turned to love this course.
    Hit it much better off the Tee after getting my hands up higher at address over the last few holes of the previous round. Short game was on song again turning average into good.

pppBBpBpb DBpppBbpB
    6x Effective drives
    26 Putts
    2x Birdies
    1x Hosel Rockets

W.I.T.B

Day 2 of trip
    Solo social game on a course never played before.

Picked the wrong day as it was Ladies District Pennant day. Got away 30min before they hit thinking all would be good but come the 5th hole they are Teeing off from all holes close to the club house.
    15min earlier and I would have been in front of all groups.
    Took my time and let them get away for the remainder of the day.
    Not sure if it was the rush to get going at the start but never got into a good swing/rhythm all day. Hit every possible bad shot numerous times throughout the day. Struggled to enjoy the course.
    In the end score wise it was train wreck.

DTpBTDTTT BpDTBpppD
    3x hosel rockets
    2x lost balls
    4x effective drives
    29 putts

Highlight of the round was chip in for triple from 15m on the 8th after a hosel rocket and unplayable.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 6th February 2024 at 05:10 PM.

W.I.T.B

Day 3 of trip
    Played in Stableford Comp @ Port Fairy

Was a bit worried of losing a heap of balls and wasting my playing partners time looking for balls after how poorly I hit it the day before.
    My game was vastly different to the previous day and was a flash back in time to when I was lot better.
    From tee to green I was hitting darts all day and had so many good looks at birdie it was incredible.
    Pity the putter was not as good. Just couldn’t match speed and line all day.
    Made two very soft doubles in context of how I was playing. One a 3 jiggle from 12 foot and the other after a hosel rocket chip put me in spot saving an up and down was highly unlikely.

bBpBpbppD ppppppBDp
    41pts
    1x unplayable
    1x hosel rocket
    9x effective drives
    35 putts
    Last edited by Hatchman; 7th February 2024 at 09:56 PM.

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Day 3 of tripPlayed in Stableford Comp @ Port FairyWas a bit worried of losing a heap of balls and wasting my playing partners time looking for balls after how poorly I hit it the day before.My game was vastly different to the previous day and was a flash back in time to when I was lot better.From tee to green I was hitting darts all day and had so many good looks at birdie it was incredible. Pity the putter was not as good. Just could match speed and line all day.Made two very soft doubles in context of how I was playing. One a 3 jiggle from 12 foot and the other after a hosel rocket chip put me in spot saving an up and down was highly unlikely. bBpBpbppD ppppppBDp41pts1x unplayable 1x hosel rocket9x effective drives35 putts
    Cracking golf Hatch. Amazing how a great round can come straight after a poor one.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Day 4 of Trip
    Played in Stableford comp @ Portland

Started well on the first two then proceeded to butcher the next 2 on the most sloped greens on the course including putting one off the green. Driver got a bit loose and was stubbing chip shots dropping more shots.
    Got it back on track and played some real good golf from 9 through to 15 then ruined all the good and stumbled home.

ppDDTBpBb ppbpppBTB
    33pts
    2x 3 jiggles
    33 putts

W.I.T.B

Is it possible to have an awful 37 points? Felt a bit that way. Ball striking was off, but managed to scramble around for a score.

Started with a bad range session - couldn't hit driver to save myself, and couldn't find the bottom of my swing with a wedge. Irons were OK. Luckily we were off the golds, so could hit 3i and 3w off most tees, and managed to hit "good" bad shots for the most part. Bladed a wedge to 10 feet on 4 and made the putt, and sunk a long putt on 10 to kick of my best stretch of the day (although some of those pars needed some good up-and-downs). Shot of the day was my 2nd on 18 - driver was left and dead behind trees, hit a big hook 7 iron to back-right of the green and 2-putted. Worst shot (had plenty to choose from) was my 3w off the 17th - just dead right (which is not my usual miss with that club) and had to re-tee.

BPPbPBBPP-bPPPPPPXP 76/37pts

Apparently my awful 37 was enough to win A grade... it's a funny game.

I just had an awful day which was awful before I even got to the course thanks to some useless morons having a crash on the freeway and making me late. I made it in time for the tee off but had no time for any warm up or whatever. Started with a quad. Didn't really get much better being stuck on the bogey train most of the round other than a few pars and a birdie, chucked in a couple of doubles as well just for a bit of variety of shitness. And of course finished with two decent shots on 18, and a chip and putt for par. 89/79.

Thread Information