Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member Trainee Pro

32 points off 10 today. Sounds poor but I saw green shoots of my new years resolution. I started wipe,wipe one point so to turn it around and score on the back 9 is something I guess.
    That would have been a nailed on 24 points previously
    Happiness is a long walk with a putter.

Pretty frustrating 29 points yesterday. Just one of those days where the luck wasn't going my way, along with some flat out crap golf.
    Hopefully will play better at Gailes black marker event tomorrow.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Grange East this morning. Drove the ball well, putted well, just didn't sink anything. Technically no 3 putts, but did putt 3 times on a couple of holes (where the first putt was fringe/fairway). Really should've birdied 16 - missed from 4 feet, don't think I missed within 6 feet all day other than that one.

BPBPBBPPP-BPPPBPPPP - 78 gross, 32 points.

Fairly happy with that, given the unfamiliar course/conditions.

And Grange West today. Couple of poor doubles on the front had me in a bit of trouble, but came home with a wet sail with a few more putts dropping. Left a birdie putt 1/4 of a roll short on 18 to miss out on 36 points.

bPBPPXXPB-PBPbPbPbP 75/35pts

East and West are quite different courses. Neither are overly long off the whites (I'd previously played West off the tips) - but still challenging. I think I'm supposed to prefer West, and probably do - but have only played it once. Both were in great condition, as expected. Greens weren't super fast by Adelaide standards - probably rolling around 10, which is quick enough by QLD standards.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

BYU, does Brookwater have reciprocals at Grange? I've got them at my club, might see if I can prise some of the fools I know out of Ipswich for a tour.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    BYU, does Brookwater have reciprocals at Grange? I've got them at my club, might see if I can prise some of the fools I know out of Ipswich for a tour.
    Yes, very new arrangement (started this week)

Stroke at Stirling today. Had the most horrific start to a round in at least the last 10 years that I can remember. After 5 holes I was +13. Settled somewhat after that. Out in 49, home in 40 for 89, net 76 off 13. Weird day.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

I had one of those days yesterday in the Gailes black marker event. Unfortunately it pissed me off enough that I never really settled and ended up with 94/87. Dunno what it is about that course but I don't often play well there.

Back at home today and had a better day, that should have been better than it was after turning at +2/19 points. A couple of easy putts that I should have holed, and a few less loose shots and I probably would have shot under handicap. As it was I finished with 33 points but after yesterday's nonsense it was nice to play better again.

Played Balaklava today for the first time. Par format flattered my score, turning 3 would-be wipes into 1 pointers (effectively). No double-plusses. It's a low marker's game.

XbPPPPPPP-PXPXbPPPP

Pretty happy with how I played, other than a couple of loose right-miss drivers (including OOB on 11).

Played 3 rounds in 3 days down here with the same ball too which was nice.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    Oh wow haha. I leave Sunday. Come play twilight tomorrow arvo at Berri.. What was Renmark like? Very interested to know.
    Sorry I missed this. Still suffering from the floods, greens were horrible.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Stableford today. Played ok but putter must have been in the fridge overnight.
    33 points
    1 birdie
    No wipes
    No doubles

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Sorry I missed this. Still suffering from the floods, greens were horrible.

If only they could blame the floods.
    Hope that’s not what they are putting out there as an excuse for the deplorable condition they have allowed a once very well presented course get to.
    The 3 holes that can be seen on the drive in were not affected by the floods. They are on high ground and are in terrible condition. I drove in there on Sunday for a look.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Default WDYSTM - January 2024

Played Balaklava today with BYU
    Unfortunately it was an uninspiring dog shite Par comp.
    I got quite hot on the back 9 and I was poorly prepared for a hot day and suffered from the 14th back to the club house and so did my game resulting in +1, -5 nines.

Highlight was watching BYU’s solid ball striking having a good one on a course very few first time played have a good one on.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 13th January 2024 at 10:08 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Stableford.
    35 points in all (21/14) - h'cap21
    Missed opportunities on the front - missed 3 par putts from under 8 feet
    Started back 9 not well, 3 putt then a bit of trouble. On 13th hooked drive, 2 of the group saw it bounce but we never found it to be 4 after 4 on that 9 but pulled back together.
    Hitting irons far better than I had been doing so all up, a comfortable day and saw 0.3 drop in h'cap so ok

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default WDYSTM - January 2024

13/01/2024, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees (Scr 65 + 1 Sl 117 Par 67), Stableford.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch.

Scoring PPPPPBbBP PBXPPPBPB; 36-37-73 (+1:+5:+6) stab 18-16-34pts.
    Played to 6.8. Golflink 5.7 (-0.1).

A very solid start, but I'm struggling more and more with the iron approach accuracy. The greens hit stat is misleading, because I putted from off the green several times, however the fringe was a little long and catching the putter on the back swing which was off putting. I think the approach SG is a little misleading too, because I was getting bad lies when I missed the fairway. Putting continues to be on fire and made this score a lot better than what it could have been; chipping is pretty handy too.
    Last edited by AndyP; 1st March 2024 at 08:37 PM.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Medal yesterday

Playing my approach into 18, I was one under handicap.

My second from 170 hit a rake in the bunker, and shot 20m right into the hazard, overhanging the lake... But playable

Until I went to play, and as my downswing started it fell off the tuft. I almost aired and it ended into the lake.

Made 8 for 83/75

Today, two wipes, two birdies, 37 points.

How good is golf!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

78 gross for 37 points today. Fairly steady round with 7 bogeys and 11 pars.

Wednesday I'm heading to Toowoomba to play at middle ridge for the first time, so looking forward to that.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    78 gross for 37 points today. Fairly steady round with 7 bogeys and 11 pars.

Wednesday I'm heading to Toowoomba to play at middle ridge for the first time, so looking forward to that.
    Another handicap drop. Nice!

Middle Ridge is tight in places because of encroaching tree lines.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Another handicap drop. Nice!Middle Ridge is tight in places because of encroaching tree lines.
    Yep new lowest which is nice. Cheers! I'll keep that in mind, I have been hitting driver and other clubs off the tee better in recent weeks, so hopefully I can keep it up there.

30 points in 4:45. Today I did not grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Played Balaklava today with BYU
    Unfortunately it was an uninspiring dog shite Par comp.
    I got quite hot on the back 9 and I was poorly prepared for a hot day and suffered from the 14th back to the club house and so did my game resulting in +1, -5 nines.

Highlight was watching BYU’s solid ball striking having a good one on a course very few first time played have a good one on.
    Good thing it was a Par round, otherwise you'd have finished with 28 points.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Stupidly went out and walked on Saturday at Cairns in the super soggy ground and humidity.

Bogeys on the opening two holes definitely had the "what the **** am I doing here?" feeling.

Then actually started to hit the ball OK, but with a still ice cold putter, reeled off 7 pars in a row to finish the 9 at 2 over. Cramped up badly on the tee shot on 10, which is earlier than usual so figured the back 9 would be a bumpy ride. Managed 3 more pars before knocking one "just outside yip but close enough for me to make" range on 13 for birdie, then "birdied" the 15th (it's still playing as a par 5 but off massively shortened tees), and finished with 3 more pars to shoot an "even par 72" and 40 points.

Got out of the car at home and full body cramped, couldn't move for 10 minutes. Affleet.

2 Birdies
    14 Pars
    2 Bogeys

12 / 14 Effective tee shots
    13 / 18 GIR
    30 Putts
    3 / 5 Up 'n' Downs
    Last edited by LeftyHoges; 16th January 2024 at 01:11 AM.
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Stupidly went out and walked on Saturday at Cairns in the super soggy ground and humidity.Bogeys on the opening two holes definitely had the "what the **** am I doing here?" feeling.Then actually started to hit the ball OK, but with a still ice cold putter, reeled off 7 pars in a row to finish the 9 at 2 over. Cramped up badly on the tee shot on 10, which is earlier than usual so figured the back 9 would be a bumpy ride. Managed 3 more pars before knocking one "just outside yip but close enough for me make" range on 13 for birdie, then "birdied" the 15th (it's still playing as a par 5 but off massively shortened tees), and finished with 3 more pars to shoot an "even par 72" and 40 points.Got out of the car at home and full body cramped, couldn't move for 10 minutes. Affleet. 2 Birdies14 Pars2 Bogeys12 / 14 Effective tee shots13 / 18 GIR30 Putts3 / 5 Up 'n' Downs
    Well done, Nick. So was the cramping worth it? 😁

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Well done, Nick. So was the cramping worth it?
    Golf-wise, hell no.

But my partner had 41 points also, so destroying Courty and Bushy for the shout made it worthwhile.
    GolfMap

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Stupidly went out and walked on Saturday at Cairns in the super soggy ground and humidity.

Bogeys on the opening two holes definitely had the "what the **** am I doing here?" feeling.

Then actually started to hit the ball OK, but with a still ice cold putter, reeled off 7 pars in a row to finish the 9 at 2 over. Cramped up badly on the tee shot on 10, which is earlier than usual so figured the back 9 would be a bumpy ride. Managed 3 more pars before knocking one "just outside yip but close enough for me to make" range on 13 for birdie, then "birdied" the 15th (it's still playing as a par 5 but off massively shortened tees), and finished with 3 more pars to shoot an "even par 72" and 40 points.

Got out of the car at home and full body cramped, couldn't move for 10 minutes. Affleet.

2 Birdies
    14 Pars
    2 Bogeys

12 / 14 Effective tee shots
    13 / 18 GIR
    30 Putts
    3 / 5 Up 'n' Downs
    How far do Cairns caps rise playing in the slop of wet season?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Thread Information