Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default 2024 EOI for year long running format.

After this years Xmas Mug game there was some discussion about how well the Skins Format has worked for the last 7 years of it's 8 years the game has been held and that it would be good to play the same for some other S.A OzGolf games during the year with the only difference being the Skin would be on Stableford score for Courses other than Par 3 Courses like e.g. Kenton Valley.

Giving this further thought during this week for some added interest and to try and get ourselves committed to having more games than we did in 2023 (we dropped the ball and got a bit slack) we could play the Skins Game for all S.A OzGolf games and run an Order of Merit (OoM) Leader Board for the Year.

I now open this up for discussion for everyone's input and thoughts.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

My own thoughts on how it might work.

There would need to be a minimum amount of players to make it a OoM eligible game. I'm thinking this would be 3.
    We are playing for Virtual S.A OzGolf $ not real money.
    Other than the no Hcp Xmas Mug at Kenton Valley game (or any other Par 3) we play Stableford and the Skin is decided on Stableford.
    There are no Jackpots. The skin is divided.
    Bonus Skin for 2x NTP. Preferably short Par 3's under 150m. Where none exist a NTP for 2 on a Short Par 4 could be a replacement. It’s NTP regardless of if it’s on or off the green.
    If we hold a OzGolf S.A Champs we could have more weighting for those games.
    The format is more fun when everyone can be in the same group but where this is not possible the Skin can be worked out after the game is played. It can add more mystery not knowing what someone in another group has scored each hole.
    Visitors are more than welcome to be involved in the individual games and will still feature on the OoM Leaderboard.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 14th December 2023 at 06:35 PM.

W.I.T.B

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Like it... and I'm in for as many games as I can get to!

RE the method... I also like it. My only question would be in relation to the Hcp. I don't officially have one anymore as I'm not a member anywhere. When I left it was sitting at 20-21. I do now track my rounds in an app which currently has me at 15, but only because I played the round of my life the first time I used it! I'm not fussed as I'm not really competitive, but just keen to understand how I would work it out?

Great idea Hatchy!

Good question DMG.
    I wasn’t aware you’d let your North Haven membership go.
    If I actually had a Game there myself this year I might have been aware. I’m still a member.

I’m not sure how that app works and if it tracks the same as the official GA one.

I’d have no issue if you played off what your last official GA Hcp was for these games. If you started tearing us up every game we might need to make a correction to that.

W.I.T.B

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    If you started tearing us up every game we might need to make a correction to that.
    Wouldn't that be a lovely scenario if it played out! haha

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

We could play par.

Only kidding!!!

Happy with a skins format with hcps/stroke indexes.

Happy to have generous hcp allowances for anyone without a current hcp.

Looking forward to more getogethers with other Ozgolfers at different courses throughout the year.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Get-togethers have been on the slide in recent years, C19 did not help - the monthly social round was a good thing.

Unfortunately I have no idea when/if I will be able to swing a club again so if I put in an appearance it will be as a wandering spectator only I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by nadg63 View Post
    Get-togethers have been on the slide in recent years, C19 did not help - the monthly social round was a good thing.

Unfortunately I have no idea when/if I will be able to swing a club again so if I put in an appearance it will be as a wandering spectator only I'm afraid
    That’s a downer you’re unsure if you’re going to be able to chop it up again.
    Wish I could blame C19 for my lack of participation/involvement in the last couple of years. Life circumstances have made things very challenging which makes me really cherish the times I get in a hit in with mates.
    Hopefully by mid or end 2024 some things have been finalised and I can feel like my life is no longer on hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W.I.T.B

Thread Information