Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Had a once in a lifetime stat on Monday at Surfers paradise, unlike the ozgolf favourite "effective" tee shots, I hit 17 *perfect* tee shots.

As in, Every fade and draw came off exact perfect... was just like Greg said at the 93' open.

And the other tee shot, a rank cold top with a 5 wood. Cant have everything.

Also had 3 eagle putts...thats also a first for me.(got none)
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Member Teaching Pro

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Had a once in a lifetime stat on Monday at Surfers paradise, unlike the ozgolf favourite "effective" tee shots, I hit 17 *perfect* tee shots.As in, Every fade and draw came off exact perfect... was just like Greg said at the 93' open.And the other tee shot, a rank cold top with a 5 wood. Cant have everything.Also had 3 eagle putts...thats also a first for me.(got none)
    We're you playing putt putt?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

There just might be a puttputt still going in Surfers.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

We played King Of The Hills today, 27 holes at Beaconhills Golf Links. Course was in fantastic condition, greens were firm and quick. Some scores would be better at a cricket game.
    116/107 good enough for 9th gross and 16th nett.
    2 birdies.
    Story of the day was Sharon( not shazza) having a hole in 1 in the 4th group, then 2 hours later her husband Ralph doing the same thing on the same thing.
    Winner shot 1 under for 27 holes.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Good round at Brookwater today. Hit it to 36cm on 7 for birdie & NTP, then hit 3w to 3 feet from 230m on 8 & made the eagle putt. Nearly holed my 2nd on 10 (6 inches for birdie), then holed out from the bunker on 14. Some very good par saves in between. Just couldn't close it out - lost ball on 17 killed me.

BPBPPPbeP-bBPPbBPBB 73/40pts

Wasn't as good off the tee as I have been lately, but pitched, chipped and putted well (7 GIR, 24 putts).

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

New putter worked decent.

11 fairways

14 greens

32 putts

+1 / 73

Sent from my NE2215 using Tapatalk

Member Teaching Pro

Another good warm up today before final round of pennant tomorrow. Solid 8 points on the front and turned to shoot 1 under and 20 points for the back nine. Thankfully tomorrow doesn’t matter as we already wrapped up top spot to go through to the final but I would like to start better than this morning.

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Decided to play Friday and then again Saturday.
    26 points Friday.
    Started with 2xOOB on the first and things did not really get that much better points wise although the game felt better than was showing on the card. Finished with 11 points on the front with 15 on the back, but included in that were some damn good shots (by my not so lofty standards). Even found a few drives seeming coming from near the middle. Hit some really good putts although teh greens are so slow at the moment I did not get the speed right but the line was there, with the only exception being 18 where I simpled f'ed up my putt and belted the crap out of it (damn did the same on Saturday as well).
    All up, annoyed but the game felt better than the score but I simply could not get a rhythym going out there in terms of constant ball strike and/or confidence (being off 21, this is my world).

Went out again yesterday (Saturday) with a late decision and a call to the pro-shop.
    33 Points but man I left some out there.
    16 front and 17 back but geez I could have started with 4 pars but only managed 2, then spanked my drive on the 5th for a change (one of my nemisis holes where I get double shots) and then it went wrong. Tool an 8 after duffing one, finding trees and then green side stuff ups. Hardly clearedt he water on the 6th and had to chip from sandy areas, then spankedt he drive on 7 by duffed the 2nd into the water. Things were going downhill fast but stuck to it.
    Back nine was a weird one. From 10 to 15 I went 3pts, 3pts, wipe, 3pts, 3pts, wipe (after my ball got stuck in a tree) and then somehow runied that rune with 2pts, 2pts and 1 pointer on the last following a pathetic effort at puttine. Seriously, I plumb forgot how to putt and belted it 15 feet past and off the green with 2 more efforts to get it in the hole.
    not unhappy with that at all. Drove the ball evry well with only 3 total mishits, putted (except 18th) well again even managing to leave some long putts stone dead and had 5 putts of 10 - 20 feet lip out. Irons were so-so but I felt it in my swing which seemed to speed up.

Not to worried as first time in 20+ years I have played on consecutive days and after Saturday, lost another .3 and while still on 21, it is getting lower

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Good round at Brookwater today. Hit it to 36cm on 7 for birdie & NTP, then hit 3w to 3 feet from 230m on 8 & made the eagle putt. Nearly holed my 2nd on 10 (6 inches for birdie), then holed out from the bunker on 14. Some very good par saves in between. Just couldn't close it out - lost ball on 17 killed me.

BPBPPPbeP-bBPPbBPBB 73/40pts

Wasn't as good off the tee as I have been lately, but pitched, chipped and putted well (7 GIR, 24 putts).

Nice shooting mate!

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    New putter worked decent.

11 fairways

14 greens

32 putts

+1 / 73

Sent from my NE2215 using Tapatalk
    Well done Matt!

golflink WITB

Single Stab at Wynnum on Sat. 38 points (15&23). Seem to blow out on the front nine and then play great on the back. Left a few out there too. couple of missed short putts and 3-putted the 12th for par! Won the NTP on the 14th.

golflink WITB

Didn't play over the weekend but went for a hit yesterday. Started well with 4 pars but couldn't keep it going and only managed 27 points in the end. I was still feeling the effects of Saturday night a little bit, putting got progressively worse as the round went on but I did feel like I was hitting the ball better. It was good to get out and work on my swing at least. Driver is getting back towards being decent again so hopefully I can take better advantage of that this week.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

October thread time

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default WDYSTM September 2023

24/09/2023, Whittlesea GC, Social.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring PPXPPBPBX BPBBBBPXB; 43-45-88 (+7:+8:+15).

I fell behind in my round reporting and my OCD won't let it slide.

The grass on the Whittlesea greens really moved the ball about, which blunted my strength, not that the rest of the game was going that well.

-----------

25/09/2023, Mandalay GC, Social.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring BBBPPbBXb PBPPPBPPP; 40-38-78 (+4:+2:+6).

Plenty of run on the course, and hit some bombs, particularly on the back nine with one at 306m. Cored greens made it tricky, but I got the length right generally, and chipped well. Lots of bunkers, including the fairways, but from the three fairway bunkers that I went in, I had one under for those holes. Weird, considering it is not a part of the game needed at my home course.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default WDYSTM September 2023

30/09/2023, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees (Scr 66 Sl 119 Par 67), Monthly Medal, Stroke.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch.

Scoring PPXBBbPPB PBBPPPPPB; 39-35-74 (+4:+3:+7) nett 68.
    Played to 7.6. Golflink 7.4 (+0.1).

This round was all about the putter. I holed every putt from inside 5m except one on the last hole. It saved me from disaster early, and kept the score tidy otherwise, because it was not a good ball striking round.

Thread Information