Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default WDYSTM - July 2023

Topped my first drive 40m into the water, things went downhill from there.

Raised the bat with my chip onto the 18th green.

Special.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Fun?

Always

Didn't do much better, 89/79 which annoyed me because I started well for the first time in a little while, then everything went to shit for some reason. Amongst the rubbish I actually putted well with 25, chipped in for birdie (before everything shat itself) and holed a bunker shot on the last hole.

It probably didn't help that I couldn't see half my tee shots in the air due to the cloud.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Medal. 12.45 tee time, sun setting before 5. Was going to be tight..Started with 5 straight bogies before birding 7,8,9. First time in years I have had 3 in a row. 38 for the front and things were good.Knew nett 72 was leading when I started so aimed for that. The sun set on the 16th tee, and I figured I had to shoot one over to win.Missed a 8 footer for par on 16, left a 20m birdie putt inside 3 foot of 17, and had to make par on 18 for nett 71.It was that dark, we could only see the green from the lights of the clubhouse...Flared the tee shot right, punched back out, 185 to the middle. Hit 4 iron, none of us saw it in the air... Got to the green and it was plugged in the bunker 15 foot away from the pin.Easy 7, nett 74, and I go from a win to a ball. Oh well, that's golf.

02/07/2023, Jindalee GC, Blue Tees, 9 Holes (Scr 32.5 Sl 116 Par 33), Social.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: XPPPXPBPP; 38 (+5).

My focus was on having a chat to my mate, and just hitting a few golf shots in between that. It worked out pretty well and I had fun. Just a couple of bad holes, but the greens were tricked up, which made things tough on and around the greens.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Golf's a funny game. Played the first 3 holes in -2 yesterday then faded, today I was +5 through 2.

XXPPPbPPP-BPbPBPbPP 76/37pts

Hooked my 3 iron into the jungle on 1 (so far out of the toe it was almost a shank), then some bad luck on 2 - tee shot was right but fine, 2nd clipped the one small tree branch in the way which killed it into the penalty area. Couple of terrible lies saw me in a greenside bunker for 4. Apparently there was a rock under my ball (couldn't see it) - nearly holed the rock (~10cm), but ball didn't come out too well then 2 putted for triple.

Bogies on the back were both 3-putts - didn't take enough club on 10 so was on the wrong tier, then lipped out a 3 foot par putt on 14 after also lipping out the birdie putt from about 15 feet. Other than that I putted really well.

Thumbs up Top scorer for the day

watching golf on telly seeing 50 plus meters of run ,we haven’t had any run for a long time but 39 points on Saturday in heavy conditions and two birdies to finish helped .

26 yesterday. I'm going through a period of duck hooking a lot of shots, even the short irons are drawing excessively. Sometimes they start out right and come back, sometimes they start left and go further left. The same thing happened last year and I was able to rectify it so I'll try to implement the same adjustments.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    26 yesterday. I'm going through a period of duck hooking a lot of shots, even the short irons are drawing excessively. Sometimes they start out right and come back, sometimes they start left and go further left. The same thing happened last year and I was able to rectify it so I'll try to implement the same adjustments.
    Similar thing for me man! 26 points with the driver going left and right! Forgotten and swing is terrible.
    I had a period of chunking an entire hole, including putter, and then the next tee shot.
    A few good ones in there, but frustration overload! The beer at the end was the highlight.

Opened the account for first game of the year at Flagstaff Hill Sunday.
    Started off very rusty but started to improve towards the back end of the 9 (started on 10th) until a run run of bad luck sucked the life out of the enthusiasm.
    Slotted drive on 18 down the RHS but it caught an overhanging limb with ball ending up deep in tree line. Two recovery shots and a bladed pitch resulted in a wipe.
    Stotted Drive down the RHS of 1 with ball finishing in centre of fairway. Three wood ok down RHS but catches overhanging limb and ends up deep in tree line close to OOB. 2 recovery shots, a bladed pitch and chip results in another wipe.
    Slotted Drive on 2 on the perfect line clearing the mounds on RHS of dogleg. Ball should have been middle or LHS of fairway 70-80m from green but cant find it anywhere so another wipe (fairway was soggy so quite possibly plugged). Chopped the rest of the 9 dejected but made par on last 2 holes to at least average 1pt a hole for that 9.
    End result 24pts.
    No GIR and no birdies
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by gwavz View Post
    Similar thing for me man! 26 points with the driver going left and right! Forgotten and swing is terrible.I had a period of chunking an entire hole, including putter, and then the next tee shot. A few good ones in there, but frustration overload! The beer at the end was the highlight.
    It is certainly frustrating. I only hit 3 snap hooks with the driver, the rest apart from one bad slice were my usual straight/slight fade ball flight. The irons were worse, I usually draw irons anyway, but not to the extremes of the last few rounds. Just to keep me coming back I did manage a birdie from the trees, about the only situation those low hooks are useful 🤣

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'm going to post my round of 29 points today, even though it doesn't reach my self-imposed standard of 35 or better to post rounds.

Two reasons why I'm posting. Firstly, this was my first game for 5 weeks, after a skin cancer related absence, so it actually wasn't too bad a score. But secondly, my absence made absolutely no difference to my standard of golf. I'm getting no distance, so I can't reach greens in reg, and my chipping and putting is just not good enough to get up and down for pars. I've been doing this every round in 2023 so far.

I cannot see where my next 35+ round might come from, so I thought I'd post just so people know I'm still playing golf.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

I hope you've seen the last of the skin cancer, Jim.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I hope you've seen the last of the skin cancer, Jim.
    So I do, but probably not. I seem genetically inclined to get them (something I spoke about to our friend Daves). This one was an early stage melanoma, so it meant two lots of surgery and two recovery periods.

For other readers, sorry for hijacking the thread, particularly as we have a skin cancer thread. It was AndyP's fault.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Havent been playing much this winter, certainly no practice due to work commitments and lack of sunshine. Got out on Tuesday, turned up, paid fees and walked to the first. Had enough time to mark my ball and send it towards the green. Came up short, chip and putt for the P and what a great start. Ended with 32 points, no birdies and 1 wipe. Pretty happy with the round and how I played, 79-75 is always a good day out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

93/83 in the black markers comp at Oxley yesterday. On a positive note I managed to get rid of the duck hooks, outside of one drive. Unfortunately didn't quite adjust my aim to account for it and found a number of trees. The wind was pretty challenging as well. Maybe I'll do better today.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I was hitting it really well on the range before my round today.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Conditions were appalling.
    My 28 points won a ball

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

33 points yesterday which is an improvement on recent rounds. I hit the first five greens in reg and was -1 through those, back to even after 7, then stuffed 8 before making par on 9 to turn with 19 points. Didn't play the back 9 as well but I'm pleased to have gotten rid of the hooks.

I had an NTP on 3 at 173cm but someone beat it unfortunately. Made the putt at least.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    I was hitting it really well on the range before my round today.
    Every time!7 under on the range today. -7 on the course. But we played par.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Still in shotgun start mode for weekend rounds at Southern
    Started on the 2nd, which is a tame par 4 with not too much trouble, and I proceeded to butcher it completely. Wipe

Was ok from there.

Finished with 38 points, good enough for runners up in A grade and picked up nearest the pin on 16, sticking the tee shot to bang on a meter.
    Last edited by chappy1970; 10th July 2023 at 10:15 AM.
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

After 12 months playing golf I finally got my first eagle.
    Then the very next day I got my second.

First was a hole out from 81 mtrs for my 3rd shot into a par 5. I didnt actually see it but the guys I were with did.

The second was on the second hole the next day at Moonah Legends. Drove the green with a lucky bounce off a rock and the ball almost went into the hole. Crazy lucky.

Attached Images

Congratulations, Peter. These things come in threes right?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

30 points out at sanctuary cove the pines today. First time I’ve hit the mark since end of March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Thread Information