Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Queenstown Golf

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Default Queenstown Golf

Hey lads,

I'm looking at a golfing trip to Queenstown mid/late November, thinking 3 courses, Mon/Wed/Fri, which 3 would you play?

Thanks!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Have a look at Luke Kwon golf on YouTube he’s just done series playing all the courses around Queenstown.
    Jacks Point , The Hills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 driver proforce V2 STaylorMade 2016 M2 3 woodMizuno mp fli-hi 21*Mizuno mp h4 4-pw KBS c-taper lite 105 rTitleist sm4 50, 54* & 58* Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider cs

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Yeah I've seen the Jacks Point one and that's a definite. The other two highest ranked are The Hills and Arrowtown, but curious to hear from those who've been there done that. We're all hackers and will likely play some form of ambrose or other alternative formats.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGasman View Post
    Yeah I've seen the Jacks Point one and that's a definite. The other two highest ranked are The Hills and Arrowtown, but curious to hear from those who've been there done that. We're all hackers and will likely play some form of ambrose or other alternative formats.
    I played Arrowtown back in 2014 and remember it being a cracker of a members course. Not the toughest layout you'll ever play but still a good challenge with some great views.

Member Club Pro

Played the front 9 at Arrowtown in 2019 - Possibly one of the most organically quirky courses going around, super fun, not tough, but you'll probably play some shots you've never played before.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

The link below suggests The Hills is now $1000 NZ a round ..... ouch.

https://www.thetravellinggolfer.com....wn-new-zealand

Jacks Point is a must, Millbrook now has 36 holes, Arrowtown or Queenstown Golf Club are the other choices.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Jacks Point is a must. Replay rate is 50% off, so you may consider playing a second round there.

Millbrook has good 18 holes, the other 18 is ok. Arrowtown is probably more interesting than Queenstown.

The Hills are overrated for the price.

Member Trainee Pro

We played in Queenstown in February.

Arrow town is a must play, awesome little course. Queenstown is a nice members course, some great views. Millbrook, we could only get on the remarkables course. It was in great condition, granted it was a week before the NZ open. The coronet has limited play for visitors unless you are staying at the resort or a guest of a resident. Views at jacks point are spectacular but I think the layout is overrated. The hills was booked out so we couldn’t get on.

Ive played Jacks Point, The Hills, Millbrook and Arrow Town. Loved Jacks point the most then The Hills, Millbrook fllowed by Arrowtown. Queenstwon looks like a great course also.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by golfbound View Post
    Ive played Jacks Point, The Hills, Millbrook and Arrow Town. Loved Jacks point the most then The Hills, Millbrook fllowed by Arrowtown. Queenstwon looks like a great course also.
    Queenstown is not a great course. Rather a 1 hr drive to Cromwell than Queenstown any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Queenstown is not a great course. Rather a 1 hr drive to Cromwell than Queenstown any day of the week.
    I'm a snob benno and I didn't mind it, my mate was a member there 10 years ago. We played on a cracking day and around in 3 hours, that probably helped my disposition.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    I'm a snob benno and I didn't mind it, my mate was a member there 10 years ago. We played on a cracking day and around in 3 hours, that probably helped my disposition.
    We went there with an open mind, but found just to many dinky holes. I recall it was quite pricey (like $80). For me it's a $30 course.

Will openly admit it's a fantastic spot, and has amazing views.

I really liked Cromwell though, so for me it's an easy choice for a fill in between the other big names in the region.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

We went there with an open mind, but found just to many dinky holes. I recall it was quite pricey (like $80). For me it's a $30 course.

I really liked Cromwell though, so for me it's an easy choice for a fill in between the other big names in the region.
    Totally agree about Queenstown. I think I paid $125 + cart in Feb. It would be ok if it is $60.

Fair call mate, it's a sub $50 track

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Queenstown Golf

Arrowtown is a fantastic track.

Thread Information