Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default WDYSTM - June 2023

It's June 7 and this thread doesn't exist yet?

I've been working on a swing change (improvement, hopefully) which has lead to ordinary golf lately. Maybe I'm starting to come out the other side.

Mid-week comp this morning:

PPBBPPbbb-PBPXPPPPP 72/35pts

For the most part the dropped shots were lazy - 3-putt from the fringe on 3, messed up a pretty simple up-and-down on 4. 13 is my nemisis at the moment, finding new and exciting ways to stuff it up. Today was a bladed wedge followed by a 3 putt.

7-9 was a nice run - drove the green on 7, hit it to 1m on 8, then sunk a nice 10 footer on 9. Had a bunch of other putts lip out or burn the edge though.

I need to trust the new shot shape a bit more - still aiming a bit right of my target for a fade, but then hitting a baby draw.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I played on Saturday (3rd) but had my worst round in 3 years. It wasn't worth typing about.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    I played on Saturday (3rd) but had my worst round in 3 years. It wasn't worth typing about.
    Yes it is, some score between 30-34 points where "I left a few out there" is as boring as bat shit

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

03/06/2023, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees (Scr 66 Sl 119 Par 67), Club Champs Rd 4.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: BBBBPPBBP PPBPPBBXP; 41-37-78 nett 72 (+6:+5:+11).
    Played to 11.4. Golflink 7.1 (-0.0).

I needed to shoot only a few over to better last year's overall champs gross score. I didn't even get close. I had a few three putts early thanks to the dodgy greens and leaked a few shots elsewhere.

Overall, I finished in 15th, after finishing in 13th last year. For the matchplay qualifiers, I finished in 18th, but got bumped up to 15th with some withdrawals. That's enough to get me a match against the pro's junior son off +2 who just shot 4 under in the last club champs round to win it by 2. This could be messy.

43 Points at Alice Springs today.

Still duffed a few shots greenside, which cost me on Hole 5 & 7.

Sprayed drives on 7/8/9 (OOB on 9)

But had a solid back 9, and sunk some decent Par putts, including a 30 footer on Hole 18.

Still had moments where I played like my 19 Handicap suggests, but overall I'm very happy.

Lost 1.7!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Dazza; 13th June 2023 at 10:08 AM.
    Desert Golfer

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

12/19 for 31.

Snookered behind a tree on 1, played off exposed roots on 6, got a shocker of a bounce on the fairway into a trap on 7 and lost a ball in the leaves on 8.

Considered going home as it was cold and miserable.
    Luckily we had good scotch... A decent comeback including two three putts for the back 9.

Golf is easier when you get shots everywhere

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

28 points at Wynnum on Saturday, playing off 9. Some truly awful short chipping and bunker shots in that. Hopefully I can improve on that next outing.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

BBXPPbBPP-BBbPPPPPB 76/31pts

I hate golf and golf hates me. Mainly short game and putting.

32 points at Wynnum on Saturday, playing off 10. Chipping and putting was better, but still had a couple of wipes due to poor shots around the green. Still a long way off decent ball striking, as I've been away from the game for so long. But, it'll come back eventually. Just have to be patient.

golflink WITB

Interesting round for me today. Didn't make a par until the 9th. Might've started to find some consistency on the back, but left 3 birdie putts short (like, inches short) in the centre of the cup.

bBBBBeBXP-PPPPBPbPP 74/33pts

I've been out on the course a bit over the last month. Until today I've been on leave from work as my dad died in late May, and getting out on the course has helped a lot with my mental state. Most rounds have been between 30-36 points with a couple of disasters, so my handicap has pretty much stayed the same. Among that I also went to get fitted for new wedges as mine are due for an update/upgrade. I'll get them once tax is done.

I also qualified for one of my club's match play tournaments, got through to the final but lost. The result appears as if I was completely thrashed however I had to give my opponent 15 shots and he played far better than his handicap. I would have had to make birdie on just about every hole to keep up with him. Ah well, there's another one coming up in a couple of months or so, maybe I can do better then if I get into it.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    I've been out on the course a bit over the last month. Until today I've been on leave from work as my dad died in late May, and getting out on the course has helped a lot with my mental state. Most rounds have been between 30-36 points with a couple of disasters, so my handicap has pretty much stayed the same. Among that I also went to get fitted for new wedges as mine are due for an update/upgrade. I'll get them once tax is done.

I also qualified for one of my club's match play tournaments, got through to the final but lost. The result appears as if I was completely thrashed however I had to give my opponent 15 shots and he played far better than his handicap. I would have had to make birdie on just about every hole to keep up with him. Ah well, there's another one coming up in a couple of months or so, maybe I can do better then if I get into it.
    Sorry to hear about your old man mate and I hope things are going as well as they can.

Reach out to someone if you need anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Puttpete View Post
    Sorry to hear about your old man mate and I hope things are going as well as they can. Reach out to someone if you need anything.
    Thank you mate. Going ok relatively speaking yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Thank you mate. Going ok relatively speaking yeah.
    Sorry to hear about your loss, and glad that you are going relatively okay. Nice to see that golf is helping somewhat.

18/06/2023, Brookwater GC, Black Tees (Scr 75 Sl 146 Par 72), Brookwater Open.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring (from 8th): BB BBXBXBBBB PBPXBBP; 48-43-91 nett 80 (+12:+7:+19).
    Played to 12.4. Golflink 7.1 (-0.0).

Golf is hard. Golf from the back tees at Brookwater made it even harder. Fresh from a lesson, where my swing seemed in good shape and only needed a little bit of a tune up, I struggled around Brookwater. Driving just wasn't good enough for that course and left me with too much work to do for the rest of the game. I struggled a bit with the changes in lie for several shots too.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss, and glad that you are going relatively okay. Nice to see that golf is helping somewhat.
    Thanks Andy. It was expected but doesn't really make it any easier. Getting out with other people and friends does help stay positive though. Looking forward to this weekend's rounds đź‘Ť

Lowood Cup today. Course was a bit dryer than last year, but still in great condition for a country track. Greens were a little bumpy. Was nice to play to handicap for the first time in a while.

bBPPPPbPP-PPPBPbPBP 72/72

A couple of lazy bogies on the back 9 and a few missed up & downs for birdie cost me a really good round.

34 points around Wynnum this morning, playing off 10. 3 rounds in 3 weeks and I'm starting to hit it better. Feeling positive about getting back in to to golf again.

golflink WITB

Best ball today, we ended up with 66 nett. I shot 85 myself, didn't really feel like I was swinging that well.

I did get to witness an ace on the third hole from one of the others in our group though. It hit the flag stick about a foot from the ground and dropped straight in.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Been a while since anything of note.
    35 points, 29 putts with the new stick on a windy, cold old day.
    Good enough for 3rd in A Grade

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Managed to get out for a hit in the Sunday comp at Cairns. 37 points, which is a far better result than my last game. Still had a couple of shocker holes but was able to have enough good ones to offset the damage.
    Last edited by Dcanto; 25th June 2023 at 08:52 PM.

Member Teaching Pro

Worst round I have played in 15 years. Embarrassing and shit. **** golf.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

31 points for a first timer at Australia’s hilliest course. Warburton.
    Not a bad track. Walked it, which I am proud to say.

30 points yesterday. I haven't been starting rounds well lately, I'll play the first hole reasonably well then get overly anxious and lose focus and stuff up the next few before I calm down and find a rhythm towards the end of the front 9 and into the back. It's probably an effect of recent events so I expect I'll get back to normal over time. I'm pleased with being able to grind it out and not just give up though. Hopefully this weekend it's a bit more consistent across the entire rounds.

A decent round on the weekend made me thing that perhaps I was turning a corner. If I did, it was into oncoming traffic. Poor round this morning, not much going right. Irons were OK, but I was poor inside 100m.

PBPPBBPXP-BPPBBPPBP 79/28pts

Thread Information