Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default WDYSTM - May 2023

01/05/2023, Royal Adelaide GC, White Tees (Scr 72 Sl 130 Par 72), Stableford.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: PBBBPBPBB bXXBBPPB; 43-44-87 (+6:+9:+15) stab 15:14-29.
    Played to 13.0. Golflink 7.4 (+0.0).

I felt like it was a good ball striking day, waiting for the scoring to come, but I kept on butchering it inside 100m. At the 11th I had a birdie and I thought the round was turning around. It did, because after that I lost the ability to putt and racked up a few double pluses. Lucky the course was good enough to perk me up.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Monthly Medal. Good start, hitting every green through the first five holes. Missed the next two and made back to back bogies.

Got them back with birdie at 8 and 9 and followed that with all pars thru 12 even though I missed 3 decent birdie chances. Played really solid to this point

This is where is went full retard mode. Pulled drive into a penalty area on 13 for double, softish bogey on 14 followed by a disgustingly woeful bogey on 15. Biggest drive of the day, followed up with a 7w to front right edge sitting in some cabbage ~3m from the hole. First two chunks moved it a total of 1ft before a putt from the fringe did a 180 around the hole with the flag in and came back out.

Solid drive down 16 only to be behind the two Greek lady palms, over drew it around them and one bounced into the dam- another double.

Par 17, before another closing bogey on 18.

A couple of Powers Lager Pints after made it all worthwhile.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Last round of pennant today. Been a pretty poor season for the club , 1 win 3 draws and 2 losses.
    I managed a half today giving 6 shots. My season was strong, 3 wins 1 half 1 loss. Each week I gave my oppenent shots, 7 7 8 5 6. Olinda now gets relegated to 5th division, but I think I will have a crack at playing for the Beaconhills scratch team.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Piss poor 91/81 on Saturday in the monthly medal. Felt on edge all day for some reason and it affected my ball striking negatively.

Yesterday I played in the social club for the first time in a little while, at Keperra. I had a much better time of it shooting 80 for 41 points on their handicap, or 35 points on my proper one. Took a bit of getting used to the speed of the greens, but I was hitting my irons much better, and most tee shots were in good position. I did hit a couple of shit ones towards the end that left me well back, but managed to scramble pars. I'm getting better at that or limiting the damage to bogey lately which is good. One mystery lost ball in fairly open space after it landed just off the fairway on 10 was a bit annoying though.
    6 fairways, 8 greens, 32 putts.

New PB today at Oxley, blue tees stroke comp. 77/68, not quite good enough for a win but apart from a bad tee shot on 13 that led to a double bogey, I was pretty happy with how I played.
    Bit of a mix on the front 9 with 2 birdies, 3 pars and 4 bogeys, along with 3 bogeys and a birdie on the back to go with the double.
    Driving wasn't that great hitting 5 fairways, approaches were reasonable hitting 8 greens, two of them from fairway bunkers. 29 putts.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

35 Points today at Alice Springs

23 Points on the front.
    12 Points on the back................

Had a blinder on the front.
    2 Wipes on the back to start, and a double double double finish didn't help.

Still happy to shoot mid 30s, after not shooting much above 30 for the past month.
    Desert Golfer

Senior Member Major Winner

35. 2 wipes, 1 bird.

35 points today, 79 gross off 7, no wipes, couple of birdies. First time shooting back to back rounds in the 70s. I've found something with my irons lately, I'm hitting them more crisp and with better accuracy, and probably feeding off the confidence that's giving me. Driving wasn't fantastic again but not bad enough to cause any real problems. 6 fairways, 8 greens, 31 putts. Good weekend all round 😁

I have fell behind in my round writeups, so I'll add a few notes here just for completeness and to satisfy my own OCD.

05/05/2023, Royal Fremantle GC, Stableford. 07/05/2023, The Links Kennedy Bay, WA OZgolf Social.

I played a couple of times while over in WA, but I was very scratchy, and tended to struggle with the putting especially at Royale Freo. I'm writing these rounds off from a stats point of view, because I spent every night chasing craft beers. For the record, I had 25 points at RF, and about 22 over at KB for no change to my handicap of 7.4.

13/05/2023, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees (Scr 66 Sl 119 Par 67), Club Champs Rd 1.

Scoring: PBPPPBBBB bXBPBBBPX; 40-39-79 nett 73 (+5:+7:+12).
    Played to 12.3. Golflink 7.4 (+0.0).

I played okay, but the pins were tough and the greens the fastest they have ever been, so I three putted several times after non spending enough time on them in the warmup. It was a lesson learned for the following week.

The goal for the four rounds was to improve on my previous best of +36 from the year before, and hopefully do better than 11th. Not an ideal start that put me in tied 17th.

20/05/2023, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees (Scr 66 Sl 119 Par 67), Club Champs Rd 2.

Scoring: XbPPXbPBP PPPBbPBbX; 38-35-73 nett 67 (+3:+3:+6).
    Played to 6.6. Golflink 7.1 (-0.3).

Hitting the first shot OOB was pretty demoralising, but not as crushing as hitting the last tee shot of the day OOB as well (only by a few metres), after turning it into a good scoring round. 1 triple, 2 doubles, and 4 birds.

I've got my GIR numbers up well over my recent averages, which is great for my scores, but I need to reduce the penalty shots. Back on track with the four round champs goal and into 9th overall.
    Last edited by AndyP; 26th May 2023 at 07:16 AM.

21 points and 18 points last weekend. I have no idea why, perhaps other shit going on lately on my mind. I played enough holes well to be confident I'll bounce back, hopefully this weekend.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Played Stirling GC 2 weeks ago and shot 80. My short game in particular my putting was really solid. 1 birdie, plenty of pars and only 1 double bogey was encouraging.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

27/05/2023, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees (Scr 66 Sl 119 Par 67), Club Champs Rd 3.

Scoring: PPBPPPPBX BXBPXPXbB; 39-42-81 nett 75 (+4:+10:+14).
    Played to 12.3. Golflink 7.1 (-0.0).

I started okay, but the scoring was very reliant on my short game. I was hopeful that it would turn around, but a double on 9 and quad on 11 (****, I hate that hole) trashed my scorecard.

Beating last year's total champs score will be a tough ask now, but I'll need it to qualify for the matchplay as well. I'm current 32nd in the matchplay qualifying (until today only the top 8 qualified, but it has now been extended to 16), and out to 13th in the gross.

The highlight was having a birdie on the index 1 hole for the second week in a row, after not having one since June 2021.

Thread Information