Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Ride on Buggy - Anyone have one or recommend?

Hi All

Im looking at purchasing a ride on buggy to get me around the course.

I rent a cart every week at my local for but looking at getting one where i can ride or scoot along the course as i think im just wasting money paying an extra $45 a round (sometimes i play 2-3 times a week)

Not sure if there's a market in Australia but overseas they retail for roughly $2500-$3500 AUD.

Just wondering if anyone has bought one or looked at getting one.

thanks

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Thank you for the link.
    Ive seen that online, but it seems excessively expensive.
    I've had a look at some from overseas for half the price ($1750-$2000) but hesitant to buy from overseas.

Senior Member Major Winner

My dad uses one of those skates.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch0007 View Post
    Thank you for the link.
    Ive seen that online, but it seems excessively expensive.
    I've had a look at some from overseas for half the price ($1750-$2000) but hesitant to buy from overseas.
    go for it, good luck though! i have seen these on Aliexpress/Baba but shipping is expensive, then you have GST + customs fees to pay

my old pennant mate is the manager of the golfskatecaddy (he is the good looking fella in all the videos) An advantage they have is not importing nor drop shipping chinese made white label gear, they are a small division of a much bigger local business that has a lot of expertise in this product. https://fiik.com is long established as a manufacturer of mobility scooters and electric skateboards.

no i dont get a commission. but i will get one of these one day when I need it.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

A bloke I play with at my course went the standup scooter style sourced online. Used it once. No grunt, had to skateboard pedal it one legged up the slightest hill. He is back to hiring carts and has a 2k useless scooter in his shed. No idea what brand but I suggest you try before you buy after watching his POS in action

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    go for it, good luck though! i have seen these on Aliexpress/Baba but shipping is expensive, then you have GST + customs fees to pay

my old pennant mate is the manager of the golfskatecaddy (he is the good looking fella in all the videos) An advantage they have is not importing nor drop shipping chinese made white label gear, they are a small division of a much bigger local business that has a lot of expertise in this product. https://fiik.com is long established as a manufacturer of mobility scooters and electric skateboards.

no i dont get a commission. but i will get one of these one day when I need it.
    A fella at my club has one. He couldn’t be more complimentary about it.

Dad plays 18 holes at Tea Tree Gully every Monday using his. The Course has a lot of step undulation changes and battery/lack of power has never been a problem.

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Dactyloscopy Dan View Post
    A bloke I play with at my course went the standup scooter style sourced online. Used it once. No grunt, had to skateboard pedal it one legged up the slightest hill. He is back to hiring carts and has a 2k useless scooter in his shed. No idea what brand but I suggest you try before you buy after watching his POS in action
    Thats an interesting story. I would have thought all motors would be the same, they are cheap as chips and should all be 200w which is plenty, it would cost more to manufacture smaller ones that have little use. The major cost in any of these devices is the batteries, but any skimping/scamming of battery only effects endurance not torque. If your mate has any skills he could get his scooter "enhanced" for $100-200 imo. There is a local AU company that make their own controllers and source reliable motors/throttles etc.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Yeah, there's not much of a market in Australia for these. Not sure if its because golf course dont want these devices on the course as it may damage the grounds, or because they're too hard to control and so forth.
    May have to bite the bullet and invest in one
    Last edited by Hutch0007; 20th April 2023 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Yeah, there's not much of a market in Australia for these. Not sure if its because golf course dont want these devices on the course as it may damage the grounds, or because they're too hard to control and so forth.
    May have to bite the bullet and invest in one
    I know Tea Tree Gully are seriously looking a buying some of these to hire out now as the footprint to store is much smaller than Golf Carts. He had to make a submission to the committee to use his. I'm not sure if that was before he started using it or after he started already using it and it got questioned? There was no massive issues with them giving the ok once that happened.

W.I.T.B

Good to know. Maybe i will check with my local course first to see if they have any issues.
    Silly question: Do you need to wear a helmet whilst riding these units? What is the rules around it considering in Victoria, you need to wear a helmet while riding a scooter.
    Would this be classified differently?

Good to know. Maybe i will check with my local course first to see if they have any issues.
    Silly question: Do you need to wear a helmet whilst riding these units? What is the rules around it considering in Victoria, you need to wear a helmet while riding a scooter.
    Would this be classified differently?
    That's a really good question? I don't know the rules with where that fits and no Dad doesn't wear a Helmut when using it.

W.I.T.B

Good to know. Maybe i will check with my local course first to see if they have any issues. Silly question: Do you need to wear a helmet whilst riding these units? What is the rules around it considering in Victoria, you need to wear a helmet while riding a scooter. Would this be classified differently?
    If not on public roads you can ride em naked. The state laws dont have anything to do with private property
    --
    Handy-Cap

Ah i see, that helps knowing that.
    I will continue to reach out to the club to see if they have any concerns with the use of this type of equipment and if they have any minimum requirements (tyre width or size).
    thanks again crew, its been very helpful (just wish there was more choices to pick from)

Update: So my club does accept these units and there's no limitations excepts that we obey by the same rules as their 'golf carts' (footpaths, no closer than 20m from green and etc...)
    Ran in to someone in the carpark before tee off, and the pulled out a similar unit and he mentioned he paid upwards of the $3500 mark.
    Saw him on the course too, he looked like he was enjoying himself by just going up to his ball and playing whilst waiting for others to catch up.

Definitely a consideration.

Thread Information