Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default WDYSTM - April 2023

Bit of a return to form on the home track today shooting 78/67 in the monthly medal to win gross and nett for B grade. I think that's the first time I've actually won a grade in medals. Bit scratchy on the front 9 with some good holes and a few not so good to turn with 40(+6). Birdie on 10 brought it back a bit then pars all the way around the back until a silly double on the 18th ruined my chance of going under par over 9 holes for the first time. The putter helped me out a bit with 12 on the back. Almost landed in the hole on 15 from 90 out, it hit the edge then bounced off the flag and ended up a couple of metres from it. 8 fairways, 6 greens, 27 putts. GA back under 9 but not enough to beat my lowest.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Good to see that watching me play for a couple of rounds has improved your game.

Senior Member Major Winner

+5 net. So many triples.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Good to see that watching me play for a couple of rounds has improved your game.
    So did the lack of opportunities to pull draw tee shots into water 🤣Back again tomorrow off the whites this time, handicap four shots lower than today's.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

40 points off 6.
    Three birdies, five bogies, 27 putts.
    74 off the Blues is my best ever in 20 years of membership. Bang.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

MM yesterday
    78/74 windy and light drizzle
    1 birdie
    1 wipe
    Happy with the score, but the game to get there was horrible
    30 putts

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    40 points off 6.
    Three birdies, five bogies, 27 putts.
    74 off the Blues is my best ever in 20 years of membership. Bang.
    Great round, Wayne. Congrats!

30 points today, had a pretty crappy back 9 with 3 wipes after 17 points on the front. Oh well better than working 😜
    3 rounds next weekend along with watching the Masters, hopefully I can shoot at least one of them sub 80.

Then we had round 2 of Pennant today at home vs Elsternwick. Being handicap is shit, I had to give 7 shots today, again. Finished the first 9 and we were all square, but I still had to give 4 more shots on the back 9. We halved the 10th and 11th, before giving another shot on a 142m par 3. I hit my tee shot to 2 feet, he missed the green and conceded my birdie. Failed to get up and down for half, I went 2 up after birdie on 13, 4 up after he put 2 in the water in front of the 16th tee giving me a 4&2 win. I was 2 over and playing some solid golf. We are in 3rd after 2 rounds, but have 2 more home games before we finish with an away game.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Wow, you are in fine form Benno
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Managed to get 5 birdies on Saturday and still shoot 1 over.

Then shot 79 of a daily of 4 at Pacific Harbour for 33pts yesterday, which isn't bad for the first time playing a tough course. Putter was the hero, and was good off the tee, but let down by poor approaches. If you win a long drive hole with a demo driver, you have to buy the driver, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Managed to get 5 birdies on Saturday and still shoot 1 over.

Then shot 79 of a daily of 4 at Pacific Harbour for 33pts yesterday, which isn't bad for the first time playing a tough course. Putter was the hero, and was good off the tee, but let down by poor approaches. If you win a long drive hole with a demo driver, you have to buy the driver, right?
    To go with the new putter

02/04/2023, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees (Scr 65 Sl 117 Par 67), Stableford.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: PPPBPBPPP PXPPPbPbP; 37:32:69 (+2:E:+2); stab 18-21-39pts.
    Played to 3.9. Golflink 6.3 (-0.7).

Lots of just misses for the first 8 holes, whether it was the drive or the approach, but I managed to get up and down most of the time, although there was one penalty shot. Turned in 2 over, hitting my first GIR on 9, but missed a very gettable bird.
    Double bogeyed 11 with a yippy shanked pitch but had started to hit greens otherwise, although it felt a little thin off the irons. Found a really good swing on 15 and birdied two of the last three to shoot even par on the back, and two over for the round, with nine of the last 10 GIR.

Two over is my second lowest score against par, only beaten by my one over at Wolston Park in Jan 2015. Since it is a rolling stableford comp during the week without divisions I'm looking forward to my second best ever score winning a ball in the rundown; still leading after Sunday/Monday though.

I will be changing my username to golfer69 now.
    Last edited by AndyP; 4th April 2023 at 08:40 AM.

Two over is my second lowest score against par, only beaten by my one over at Wolston Park in Jan 2015. Since it is a rolling stableford comp during the week without divisions I'm looking forward to my second best ever score winning a ball in the rundown; still leading after Sunday/Monday though.
    Someone had a 43 pointer today. Back to second.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Wednesday morning comp. If I could stop making bogies I'd be a good golfer. Putted well, but stuffed up a few approach shots. Bogied 13 from 60m out, missed the green from 50m on 14 but got up and down.

PPPPXPbbb-PPPBPbbPB 69/38pts

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

80 off this stick for 39 points (par 70 at the moment). Started with 2 doubles otherwise ok. No birdie putts fell, no 3 putts. First decent round in a while.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Not I.

But a great round from James Goffman at the Alice Springs Open today.
    Attached Images
    Desert Golfer

31 points today. Wiped 2 holes, no birdies but felt i played better than my score.

Consecutive wipeless rounds for the first time in living memory.

Didn't really do much of anything in my 3 rounds over the weekend. 29, 25 and 29 again. I did have some fun in the wind the last two rounds though, managed it pretty well today hitting some good drives (8 fairways and several others still in good position) and 9 greens. Unfortunately I forgot how to chip and putt.

10/04/2023, Oxley GC, White Tees (Scr 70 Sl 116 Par 71), Stableford.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: BPXPBBPPX BPPPPPPPB; 42:39:82 (+8:+2:+10); stab 12-19-31pts.
    Played to 10.7. Golflink 6.3 (-0.0).

I had a virus all weekend, and had already canned my Brookwater round with BYO, but saved some energy to play with some friends at Oxley. I didn't feel quite right, and played like it, plus a few days of being sedantary had stiffened the body up a bit. The irons were out of sorts, and I had six shots from bunkers in the first nine, only to read on a board near the 10th tee that bunkers were out of play. Doh! A lost ball on 9 didn't help, although it likely disappeared into casual water just in the trees on a slushier part of the course.

Got things going on the back nine with seven consecutive pars, the first few from saves, then flushing it for the next four. Nice to comeback and have a tidy score after a poor start, but I'm not liking making a habit of it.

I thought it was only the staked bunkers that were out of play, but I didn't land in many across the 3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    I thought it was only the staked bunkers that were out of play, but I didn't land in many across the 3 rounds.
    It was on the board near the 10th, where it says which tees comp players and social players play from. It just said "bunkers are out of play", without any qualification about stakes. I assume the other side of the sign facing the first said the same.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Played Friday in torrential rain. The 7th green at Augusta was how all out greens played, and that's what I will blame my 4 putt and 3 X 3 putts.

31, 3 birdies.

Saturday, perfect day, 33 points, 4 birdies, 2 balls in the drink for wipes.

Now have 6 free hits to get 35 points to get into the 3.* for the first time ever.

Let's go!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

It was on the board near the 10th, where it says which tees comp players and social players play from. It just said "bunkers are out of play", without any qualification about stakes. I assume the other side of the sign facing the first said the same.
    It would have yeah, but I didn't think to look at it either, I just assumed they were in play unless staked. Fortunately I only landed in the right one on 15.

Thread Information