Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    Where is the nice accros data
    Not from an ambrose. Shots gained in approach and putting, driving and short game thereabouts, is what it probably would have said.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

36 points around Tocumwal in 38 degree heat

2 birdies helps but just average hacking

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

37 points at Penrith today off 6 in 40 degree heat
    Happy with that
    77/68 last Saturday in the medal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 driver proforce V2 STaylorMade 2016 M2 3 woodMizuno mp fli-hi 21*Mizuno mp h4 4-pw KBS c-taper lite 105 rTitleist sm4 50, 54* & 58* Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider cs

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Last round of club champs 82/75 I’m a spud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

31 points on Saturday, pretty ho hum round really. Finally got a birdie putt to drop on the last. Yesterday was at Windaroo with the social club. I started ridiculously bad with two triples and a quad before a birdie on 4 settled things down and I played those 15 holes in +5, with another birdie on 13, to finish with 87. They really need to install more than one tap around that course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    They really need to install more than one tap around that course.

From my review after playing last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I didn't spot any water taps on course until the 16th, which was annoying, and you don't really pass the clubhouse when you go from the 9th to 10th, although you can deviate to it. You do pass it after 12 holes though.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

31 points at Palm Meadows yesterday. Hit it ok but putted horrendous. Back to back birdies on 15 and 16 and and a wedge to a couple of inches for par on the last saved my score.

Finally got my 20th handicap round so my handicap has now averaged out to 11. Only one flag to come off in my next 8 rounds so keen to try and get some consistent weekly rounds in and get this down over the next few months.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

41pts at Ashgrove last weekend, started each nine with a wipe, 10 pars, 3 birdies, 2 were missed eagle putts, (driver and 7i on the par 5 4th, and drove the green on the uphill par 4 7th). Nothing worse than a 2 putt all day which was awesome.
    WITB
    Ping G430 LST 9 @10 - Tensei 1K Black 65S
    Titleist TSi2 16.5* - Tensei 1K Black 75S
    Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei 1K Black 75S
    Ping G400 23.5 - Vista Pro 80 S or Ping i210 4 - Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Ping i210 5-PW - Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 60M -Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Odyssey 7S OG

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    From my review after playing last year.
    I sorta remember that now that you repost it. I suppose every other time I've been there hasn't been a stinking hot day and I've not run out of water by the 13th hole 🤣

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    Even had a 4 putt!! Lefty will be glad to know that I didn’t score a point though
    It's the little things that bring me joy.

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    How good is golf.
    Alright, calm down.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Suckered into playing against my will on Saturday. I need to change my GL number and set it to private so people can't book me in and make me feel obligated.

Weak as piss bogeys on 3, 5. Missed a 2.5 foot birdie putt on 6. Then a lovely 3-putt bogey on 8 (another missed 3-footer) put me in a delightful mood, before sinking a 32m eagle putt from just off the front of the green on 9 epitomised just how ****ing stupid this game is. To top it off I gained a single unit for the effort as ****ing Solarman got up and down with a 50m bunker shot for birdie to halve the hole and claim a sandy. What a prick.

Lost ball on 10 after a shit drive for bogey, birdied 12, missed a 3 footer for par on 13. 3-jiggled 15 (missed another 3 footer) for par after knocking it on in two. Hit it to 12 feet on 17 but was long by 4 inches of the green so lost the NTP unit there, leaving us one down.

Hit a nice 54° to 6 feet on 18, only to watch ****ing Solarman knock his second to 3 feet. Made birdie, but so did he and we lost the units. Get ****ed.

11 / 14 Effective tee shots
    13 / 18 GIR
    32 putts

1 eagle
    2 birdies
    11 pars
    4 bogeys
    1 unhappy boy

72-3-69 (38 points, par 71)

EAD golf.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default WDYSTM - March 2023

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Suckered into playing against my will on Saturday. I need to change my GL number and set it to private so people can't book me in and make me feel obligated.

Weak as piss bogeys on 3, 5. Missed a 2.5 foot birdie putt on 6. Then a lovely 3-putt bogey on 8 (another missed 3-footer) put me in a delightful mood, before sinking a 32m eagle putt from just off the front of the green on 9 epitomised just how ****ing stupid this game is. To top it off I gained a single unit for the effort as ****ing Solarman got up and down with a 50m bunker shot for birdie to halve the hole and claim a sandy. What a prick.

Lost ball on 10 after a shit drive for bogey, birdied 12, missed a 3 footer for par on 13. 3-jiggled 15 (missed another 3 footer) for par after knocking it on in two. Hit it to 12 feet on 17 but was long by 4 inches of the green so lost the NTP unit there, leaving us one down.

Hit a nice 54° to 6 feet on 18, only to watch ****ing Solarman knock his second to 3 feet. Made birdie, but so did he and we lost the units. Get ****ed.

13 / 18 GIR
    32 putts

1 eagle
    2 birdies
    11 pars
    4 bogeys
    1 unhappy boy

EAD golf.
    Surely that was better than sticking a needle in your eye
    🫶

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post

13 / 18 GIR
    32 putts

1 eagle
    2 birdies
    11 pars
    4 bogeys
    1 unhappy boy

EAD golf.
    Sounds like most of your problems can be solved by not playing with Solarman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    Surely that was better than sticking a needle in your eye
    Potato / potato...

Quote Originally Posted by 3Puttpete View Post
    Sounds like most of your problems can be solved by not playing with Solarman.
    Only some...

I mean, he did offer to give me the two-footer on 6 because "he was hanging shit on me 10 seconds before I stood up to hit the putt".

That's pretty gentlemanly...
    GolfMap

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

First group out this morning, in the dark for the first two holes before the sun broke though.

Parred the first 6 holes, boged 7, birdied 8, and played a god awful tee shot on 9, and scraped a point for 37 and 20 points.

That god awful tee shot was followed by two more and ended up dropping 5 shots in 6 holes.

Finished par birdie par for 9 points, 20/19 - 37, and 28 putts.

This should be a played to 2ish, and my lowest ever cap. Woo.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Twilight comp, Hills front 9
    39/37
    15 putts
    Watched a duck fly into the flag on 9 after a flock came through at head height.
    Watched a 25 handicap drive it 280m time after time, he cannot chip or putt, 2 wokkas.
    19 cans drunk for the 4 of us in 9 holes.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Default WDYSTM - March 2023

25-26/03/2023, Laidley GC, Blue Tees (Scr 70 Sl 112 Par 71), Laidley Classic.

Day 1

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

I'm listing it in sixes, as that's how the course is played. Six holes, then another six, then you play the first six from different tees.
    Scoring: PXPBBP XBPPXP PPPBPB; 44:39:83 nett 78 (+4:+6:+2:+12).
    Played to 13.1. Golflink 6.9 (-0.0).

I felt like I was striking the ball well in general, but I had a couple of really bad shots that cost me, and I also couldn't convert on the greens. 100% of putts made inside two metres, 0% from outside two metres, and any of the longer putts where put to tap-in range.

Getting up and down around the greens was tough too, as the surrounding grass just stopped the ball. The worst example of this was in the second round where I chipped the ball for 10m flight, less than one metre roll, because it just popped up on the spot on the fringe. It takes some getting used to.

Day 2

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: PPBPPB BBBPPb PBBPBB; 41:38:79 nett 74 (+2:+2:+4:+8).
    Played to 9.1. Golflink 7.0 (+0.1).

It took until the 29th hole of the weekend to sink a putt over two metres, but once I did, I made it back to back with my first birdie of the weekend on the 12th. Leaked a few shots at the end after pulling a few approaches, but happy to get through without any doubles or worse. I had to fight through the first shank of the weekend (on course) on the last to save a bogey.

Overall

Pretty solid weekend despite Golflink telling me that it was nothing special. Exact same gross scores in the tournament as last year, except switching the days around.
    Last edited by AndyP; 26th March 2023 at 07:24 PM.

Not my best over the weekend at Laidley but I did enjoy the weekend. 84/77 and 82/75 for the two days. Definitely found the water too many times, took a bit to get used to the greens, and the fringes grabbing chips. Highlight was a 40m or so pitch in for birdie on Sunday at the 8th hole after a pretty ordinary tee shot. Most likely be back again next year.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Haven't played in 2 months so didn't have high expectations, started well, putted well for 39 (won the comp), the 4 down the last 4 holes didn't thrill me.

Thread Information