Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default WDYSTM - March 2023

04/03/2023, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees (Scr 66 Sl 119 Par 67), Monthly Medal Stroke.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: XbBBBPBBP PBPBPPPPP; 42:34:76 nett 70 (+7:+2:+9).
    Played to 8.5. Golflink 6.9 (-0.2).

First round since Vic Champs, and I trashed the first hole yet again; I just can't get that first shot away, and it ruins the confidence from the beginning. Running 18k within the previous 24 hours probably didn't help my state. Still, I rarely throw rounds away, and kept at it, and came good for the second nine. Better than good actually, as I hit my last four (only four) fairways and seven of the last ten greens. Proper golfing.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Well. Played a lot this week.

18 points in the chook run, 35 shots, ball.
    Nett 71 in medal off 8, ball.
    38 points off 7 today, runner up.
    GA might be close to 5 after today which is one good round away from lowest ever

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Skipped the Monthly Medal with Olinda yesterday, once again questioned why I was missing some big comps. So today I played MM with beaconhills. It was a bit windy to start with and got worse as the day went. I was hitting it pretty good and keeping square with the card thru. An unfortunate 3 putt on the par 3 11th with a tough pin and a rush of blood. Chipin birdie on 14, 30 foot putt for birdie on 15, then got the run home to finish square with the card.
    Last 3 rounds have been solid, just need to take the next step.
    74/70
    square
    2 birdies
    1 ball

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Well back to the slop and humidity in the Tropical North. I really miss those firm and fast conditions down in Victoria.

In seriousness I think that is the lowest score I could have shot given how I felt and how I hit it. Didn’t drive it that great and didn’t putt it that great but my irons were pretty good.

Definitely need to work on my hip mobility, very tight at the moment.

1st round of club champs last Saturday. 85 off the beater. The 3 bogeys to finish the front nine hurt missing 3 x 5 footers. The triple on the 17th really hurt coupled with 2x3 putts and 1x 4 putt . Strikes gained is telling me I’m pretty awful from inside 70m so might actually practice that at some stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

17 is the worst hole in the world if it’s anything like it was 10 years ago when I played there.

Can’t count how many good rounds were ruined with massive scores

What app is that, Lucas?

Saturday blue Stableford at Oxley, 84 for 32 points. Nothing special except for banging a drive 307 metres on the 12th.

Sunday was a trip to Caboolture with the social club where I shot 82/67(73 off my real handicap). Got stuck on the bogey train for most of the front 9, but played the back in even par apart from a silly triple on 16. Picked up a nice birdie on the longest par 3 (14).

Consistent but not my best over the weekend, but more enjoyable than the usual one crap round and one decent one.

Down to a daily of 7 today, GA of 5.0 after dropping from 6.1 from last Friday.

Started well with a hole out from 92m for eagle on 2, then a sand save on 3 for a three pointer.

The wind picked up dramatically by about the 7th, so conditions became far more challenging. A wipe on 13, a flier 9 iron on 14 that flew 150m and over the green and I was back over cap. Turned it around with a flying finish of par, birdie, par and bogie on our index 1 18th hole saw 37 points. If my maths is any good, this will take me to equalling my lowest ever cap. Woo!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Finally put together a decent round this morning, although wasted a few shots.

bPPBPBPbP-BbPbPBPPP 70/37pts

Missed a short-ish putt on 4, went too aggressive with my 2nd on the 6th then followed up with a bad recovery shot, then 3-putted 10 and 15.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I had 26 points today. So why am I posting it?

Well, it was my first comp round of the year. I don't expect anyone to recall, but I sustained a hamstring injury in December, played a couple of times and made it worse, and then through January and February nothing worked to improve it.

So, I've effectively spent 2 months on the couch, so any game of golf, even a bad one with some poor driving, bad short game and 38 putts, is a pleasurable experience.

However, if today was any indication it might be a while before I'm posting a genuine decent round again.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    What app is that, Lucas?
    It’s the v1 app, from memory the eagle subscription. They had a stupid cheap Black Friday so I thought I would dabble in strokes gained and not liking the reality that’s for sure

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

38 points today.
    Enough to win the comp.
    Even had a 4 putt!! Lefty will be glad to know that I didn’t score a point though
    How good is golf.

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    38 points today.
    Enough to win the comp.
    Even had a 4 putt!! Lefty will be glad to know that I didn’t score a point though
    How good is golf.
    Look at the champ go, well played

2nd round club champs 77/70 (par 70) finally worked out my putting stroke trouble last night which resulted in 30 putts today. Triple on the second had me stumbling and happy with how I fought the round out whilst not striking the ball well. Maybe I won’t be a 10 marker again at all

35 points today with one wipe. Started on 10 and didn't really do a whole lot until chipping in for birdie on 18 then making another on 1, both for 4 points. 6 fairways and greens, 28 putts.

Boring today. 38 points
    1 birdie
    3 bogies
    14 pars
    1-10 birdie opportunities.
    Greens were better than me

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Default WDYSTM - March 2023

12/03/2023, St Lucia GC, Blue Tees Holes 1-9 (Scr 33.5 Sl 111 Par 35), Social.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: BPPbPbPPB; 35 (E).

A warmup bogey, and a bogey in the pouring rain with a couple of birds in the middle saw a nice even par round for nine. The driver was bad, but I got away with it, but everything else was going well, although it is not a very long course. Usually, I would hate heavily sanded greens, but I just kept bashing it at the cup and sinking them. It was a shame that we couldn't continue for another nine to see how I would have ended up. Instead, I got drunk in the clubhouse while it pissed down and the course flooded.

Seems like the greens are permanently sanded over there, someone I was playing with at the beginning of the year was commenting on it as well.

The comp at Oxley was cancelled in the end on Sunday because of the storm, we were first group and got through 15 holes before the old siren went off. Nobody bothered really waiting around other than to have a beer or two. I began with five straight pars, then stumbled a bit to finish the front 9 at +4/17 points, started the back reasonably well until the storm threat grew bigger and I think that in my mind, and the rain wetting the grips caused some more errors than I had been making. Kinda glad to get off the course and not have the round count in the end 🤣

Member Club Pro

27 Points on saturday at Tas that included a pure shank with a 5 iron and lost ball.

And I may now be a flag out all the time person. Had a 6 inch putt in the middle of the hole hit the stick and come back at me for a nice 4 putt wipe.

Two doubles, a birdie, 79/72 for 36 points. Hit it average, putted average, scored well. Golf is a funny game.

Chopperlink

WITB

3rd club champs 77/70 (par 70)
    Let a good round slip finishing 5 over for my last 6 holes . A great round is around the corner and getting excited.

29 points, enough said

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

18/03/2023, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees (Scr 66 Sl 119 Par 67), President's Trophy 2 person ambrose.

Scoring: 35:32:67 nett 59.25 (E:E:E).

One of my better ball striking days with the irons, where I hit 10 greens and a couple of others just off. Three solo birdies also. It was a shame that my playing partner contributed close to nothing off the tee. We ran it down to needing his tee shot on three of the last four holes, and sacrificing as a result, including me making him use an iron off the tee on the long par 4 18th with OOB on the left just to avoid disaster. We (I) finished seventh in the end to get in the ball rundown.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    18/03/2023, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees (Scr 66 Sl 119 Par 67), President's Trophy 2 person ambrose.

Scoring: 35:32:67 nett 59.25 (E:E:E).

One of my better ball striking days with the irons, where I hit 10 greens and a couple of others just off. Three solo birdies also. It was a shame that my playing partner contributed close to nothing off the tee. We ran it down to needing his tee shot on three of the last four holes, and sacrificing as a result, including me making him use an iron off the tee on the long par 4 18th with OOB on the left just to avoid disaster. We (I) finished seventh in the end to get in the ball rundown.
    Where is the nice accros data

Thread Information