Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Default G'day everyone - introduction.

Name is Gaz.

Trying to get back into the game of golf after a significant break away from the game (around 20 yeasr or so with only 6 - 10 games in that time). Decided to try again after recovering from injuries suffered in a motorbike accident that kind of leave me unable to relax/de-stress using the bikes and having moved regions to the Hunter, decided to see if i could relearn this damn game.

Challenge I have is readjusting my expectations given the fact that my left leg, hip and knee now contain some pretty decent metal components so I need to reset and adjust my competitive mind to just enjoying the walk, view and what may come.

Used to play at Morisset last century (RIP to the course) before I moved south then further west and now settled around Maitland so have joined Kurri, bought new clubs and need to learn to hit a hybrid.

So far. some intense frustrations but i have the starting handicap .............. now to work to lower it.

May run in to some of you over time,

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Welcome to OZgolf, gco0307, and welcome back to the game.

Good luck with "just enjoying the walk".

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by gco0307 View Post
    Name is Gaz.

Trying to get back into the game of golf after a significant break away from the game (around 20 yeasr or so with only 6 - 10 games in that time). Decided to try again after recovering from injuries suffered in a motorbike accident that kind of leave me unable to relax/de-stress using the bikes and having moved regions to the Hunter, decided to see if i could relearn this damn game.

Challenge I have is readjusting my expectations given the fact that my left leg, hip and knee now contain some pretty decent metal components so I need to reset and adjust my competitive mind to just enjoying the walk, view and what may come.

Used to play at Morisset last century (RIP to the course) before I moved south then further west and now settled around Maitland so have joined Kurri, bought new clubs and need to learn to hit a hybrid.

So far. some intense frustrations but i have the starting handicap .............. now to work to lower it.

May run in to some of you over time,
    G’day Gaz

Does the metal in your leg make it easier to snap clubs? Asking for some friends.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Welcome to OZgolf, gco0307, and welcome back to the game.

Good luck with "just enjoying the walk".
    Thanks man.
    One of the things I need to learn is whether i can walk teh course to enjoy it - so far the longest I have lasted is 4kms so I figure when I play bad I can blame the leg (well, that is the thought process - reality is different, i blame myself)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Puttpete View Post
    G’day Gaz

Does the metal in your leg make it easier to snap clubs? Asking for some friends.
    Good question - I may be able to answer acrosst he next year or so and will keep you updated

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Welcome Gaz, and I hope all goes well with the return to golf.

I was visiting friends on 'the lake' a few months back, and they told me to go home via Morriset GC. Wow!
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Welcome Gaz, and I hope all goes well with the return to golf.

I was visiting friends on 'the lake' a few months back, and they told me to go home via Morriset GC. Wow!
    Thanks Dotty

Yep, not much left of the town end of the course now although turning the corner towards Wyee you can still see it but developers are developers sadly (in this regard) and will take it all.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Welcome gco0307. I try to remember the old saying, a bad day at Golf beats a good day at work.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Puttpete View Post
    G’day Gaz

Welcome to the Forum Gaz!! Probably the best advice you can get here. Even if you wanna take it seriously make sure you’re having FUN!!!

Thread Information