Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default WDYSTM - January 2023

I'll start this I guess? 3 rounds to report.

Brookwater on Sunday:
    BPPbXBBPP-BPBPPPBPX 81/30pts

Nice to birdie the par 5 4th on my first time playing it in years (has been closed for course work). Was a bit loose otherwise.

Maroochy River on Monday:
    PPPPPPbPP-PPBBPBPBP 75/33pts

Really enjoyed the course (my first time), and played pretty well in tough, windy conditions. Course was in great condition, best conditioned course I've played in Qld.

Sandy Gallop on Wednesday:
    PPbPBePPP-PPBBPBBPb 71/35pts

This was a waste of a potentially great round. Putts just wouldn't go in from the 7th hole onwards. Either leaving them short in the guts or lipping out.

Three for me as well.

28 points on Sunday at Oxley, pretty ordinary all round there.

A bit better for 33 points on Monday at Oxley again.

Today I went to Wynnum for a hit and finished with 35 points (81 gross).

Next round back at Oxley for the black markers comp on Friday.

Black markers comp at Oxley today, had to get a few things on the way so no warm up other than a bit of putting. Ended up shooting a new PB of 79, and finished 4th with a nett 67 (technically tied first with 3 others).

I also shot a new PB of 35(+1) on the front 9, a few silly bogeys on the back and a double to finish but I'm happy overall with it.

8 fairways, 6 greens, 25 putts, 77% up and downs. Driving avg 243m, longest 288m.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Black markers comp at Oxley today, had to get a few things on the way so no warm up other than a bit of putting. Ended up shooting a new PB of 79, and finished 4th with a nett 67 (technically tied first with 3 others).

I also shot a new PB of 35(+1) on the front 9, a few silly bogeys on the back and a double to finish but I'm happy overall with it.

8 fairways, 6 greens, 25 putts, 77% up and downs. Driving avg 243m, longest 288m.
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by 3Puttpete View Post
    Nice
    Cheers mate

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

An absolute bag of crap. MM today and I hated every moment of the 5 1/2 hours it took to get around in 29degrees.
    82/78 with 1 birdie and a bunch of crap in between

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

29 points today (Saturday), teeing off on 10. No rhythm to the swing although I did at least play better on our back 9 going round in +4 for 17 points. Dunno what happened on the other 9. I felt like I putted like crap too but 29 putts would suggest otherwise. A chip in birdie on the 5th was about the only highlight, although I almost repeated it on the 9th. GA went back to where it was before the previous round 🤣 hopefully go better tomorrow (today)

36 points at Oxley today. Two wipes. Went around the front 9 in +1 for 20 points with a couple of birdies, one a two putt after hitting the par 5 2nd in two. Played ok on the back apart from the wipes, one from nobody seeing my tee shot and being unable to find it. 4 fairways, 6 greens, 30 putts. Avg drive 249m, longest 300m

39 points at McLeod today (80 gross), led the comp when I left so I'll see how I went tomorrow or whenever. Was on track for another sub 80 round but a couple of stupid triple bogeys late prevented that. Pretty happy with the other 16 holes though, playing them in +3. 3 birdies, one a chip in. The other highlight was nearly driving the green on the 11th and chipping it to about 6 inches.

6 fairways, 6 greens, 26 putts, avg drive 253m, longest 281m

Gailes black marker challenge tomorrow.

Gailes was a complete fail. First three holes and a few others were fine, the rest were garbage. Shot 105 😂😂 it didn't affect my GA at least.

Normal programming resumed today at Oxley, shooting 80 gross for 38 points. Dunno what happened yesterday but everything felt normal again today. 8 fairways, 7 greens, 30 putts. Avg drive 250m, longest 270m.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Been a while since anything decent.

40 points, 13 pars, 5 bogies, 32 putts and squared the 'match' with my pennant captain.

Wont lose a shot

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

38 points today at Oxley (78 gross) playing off a single figure handicap for the first time of 9. White tees. Might be another update in the lowest point later on. Anyway, it was a bit of a funny day in a way, never really felt totally in control of things, but clearly enough to play pretty good golf for the most part. A few bad shots here and there but I expect them. Enjoyed it though, and building confidence in shooting lower scores.7 fairways, 7 greens, 28 putts. Avg drive 259m, longest 285m.
    Last edited by Kelsey86; 18th January 2023 at 04:46 PM.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

07/01/2023, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees (Scr 66 Sl 113 Par 67), Monthly Medal Stroke.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: PXBBPPXXB PBPPPBPXP; 44:36:80 (+9:+4:+13).

Played to 14.0. Golflink 7.4 (+0.4).

Started golf in 2023, like I finished 2022 with a bad round. I blame the driver for this one, since I felt like I couldn't control it, and I was trying to recover too often. The course was giving me the shits too, with ordinary, inconsistent greens, and I was ready to move clubs by the end of the round.

------------

14/01/2023, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees, 2-man ambrose

Played WP the week after with my neighbour in an ambrose, as a reprieve from stinking it up by myself. He had an absolute stinker, particularly with driver or irons, so I had to carry that part of the game. We managed to get his six tee shots in though, without huge sacrifices, with only one benefitting us. In the end we managed a gross score of one under, which I was happy with. He did sink a few nice putts to keep the score down when we needed them, and he probably saved our score six or so shots.

The highlight was a solo eagle on the short par four ninth, which was our last hole. I knew we were one over, and instead of playing conservative off the tee to try to make a safe par, after my partner had just dribbled his drive off the tee box, I got aggressive with the drive and put it next to the greenside bunker. I chipped my 58 degree up and over the bunker, and it rolled up nicely and dropped into the hole. Unfortunately, I missed it dropping in, because I looked away as I thought it had slid by. Can I count this for eclectic, and the other holes I played completely myself?
    Last edited by AndyP; 18th January 2023 at 06:16 PM.

16/01/2023, Caloundra GC, Blue Tees with one Temp Green (Scr 70 Sl 124 Par 70), Stableford.

Scoring (B9 start): XXPBPBBPX XPBXXPPBb; 46:42:88 (+10:+7:+17).

Played to 15.5. Golflink 7.4 (+0.0).

I four putted the first green, then three putted two of the next three and couldn't figure out the green speed. Since the putter is usually my scoring club, I was head ****ed after that start and couldn't trust length putting for the rest of the round. Six doubles or worse all up, with enough bad shots like a shank and some chunks, amongst it to pile on the pain.

A big strength from the round was hitting irons off the tee; I just need to figure out how to hit them the same off grass.

That was three consecutive rounds where I didn't get to 30 points, which hasn't happened since I started back up again in 2020 with a handicap too low for my ability at the time.

Pretty ordinary 25 points at McLeod today, just couldn't get anything happening. Didn't drive it well although still decent distance, irons were pretty inconsistent, some good approaches into greens but a lot of dross as well. Chipping and putting wasn't up to my usual standard either. Just one of those days. Handicap unchanged, back at Oxley tomorrow off the whites again, playing off 8 this time 👀

34 points at Oxley today (81 gross off 8 ). Would have been better if the last few holes weren't so crap. The wind got up a lot around the 15th, although an annoying tree branch killed a well struck drive on that particular hole, leading to a stupid double bogey. Same result on 17 and 18 for different reasons but overall it wasn't too bad. Apart from a silly double on the 5th after pull drawing a 7i into the drink I went pretty well on the front with 36(+2) for 19 points. Was going along at even par on the back as well until the last four. Disappointing way to finish but I am pleased with how my game has progressed in the last month. No rounds over the weekend as I'm having a night out tomorrow, but 3 to finish off the holidays next week, Virginia on Tuesday before a couple at Oxley. Hopefully play well again and drop the GA a bit more.

18/01/2023, Nambour GC, White Tees (Scr 66 Sl 113 Par 68), Stableford.

Scoring): XPPBBPPPb PPPPBPBBB; 37:38:75 (+3:+4:+7); stab 34pts.

Played to 9.0. Golflink 7.3 (-0.1).

Stopped the rot for one round, although I didn't hit enough greens to have a great score, but I kept the scoreboard tidy with plenty of saves. That said, I struggled a bit when close to the greens due to the bermuda that had grown out a little, which caught the wedge and the putter. When a little further away, the wedge cut through a bit more.

My best ever at Nambour was a four over 72, which I think won me the B grade monthly medal at the time. With three holes to go, I was four over, but I couldn't get hit a green or get up and down in any of the last three. Nice to have the driver and putting back to normal though.
    Last edited by AndyP; 21st January 2023 at 03:23 PM.

34 points with a wipe for T50/233.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

27 points at Wynnum on Saturday. Playing off 10!

Highlights were fairways hit on 3,4,12,13,17, a couple of nice hybrids on 2 and 12, and a lipout for ace on the 6th. Lowlights were missing the bird on 6 from 3 feet, 3-putting the 12th for par, a couple of other 3 putts, several shanks, a couple of domes and general piss-poor ball striking. Very stiff and sore afterwards, as could be expected I suppose. I'll probably play again at some point this year, but will try and get to the driving range first.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Haven't been posting rounds here lately, as they've just been middling 30-34 point affairs.

Have been a bit frustrated at not starting putts on my line enough, so put the armlock putter back in the bag and took the time to line up the ball yesterday at Brookwater. Definitely starts the ball on my intended line almost every time, but I got the speed wrong on a few putts. I figure that's just due to now using the armlock for 6+ months and that the touch will come, so I'm going to persist for a few more rounds.

PPPPBPBPP-XPPbbPPBP 75/36pts

2x3-putts (7th & 10th) after leaving the first putt way short (one was technically from the fringe), 2 shit drives (10th & 17th).

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Cape Wickham, 24 points. But who really gives a shit, what a course

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post

I would, I'd be ****ing furious.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

With Lefty here, I would care.

Nothing worse than spending time and money, the expectation and then getting there and playing like a busted.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    With Lefty here, I would care.

Nothing worse than spending time and money, the expectation and then getting there and playing like a busted.
    You've summed up every golf trip I've ever taken. Water off a ducks back now.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Its out of this world. I snuck a 2nd lap later that day and played great. Far easier knowing where to hit on the blind holes!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Thread Information