Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default WDYSTM - December 2022

03/12/2022, Wolston Park GC (Scr 66 Sl 113 Par 67), Gold Tees, Monthly Medal.

Strokes Gained vs Scratch

Scoring: XPXBPPPPP PXPPPPbBP; 41:35:76 (+6:+3:+9) nett 69.
    Played to 9.0. Golflink 8.4 (+0.2).

For third time in a row at WP, I duffed my first drive; it needed a reload and I took triple. It stayed scratchy for the first six holes but after a chip in for par on 6 things turned around. I made a slight change, then started flushing both the driver and irons, and went on a par run. The exception being one pulled iron on 11 that went OOB. I'm a bit dirty that there was no NTP available on 16, as I likely would have nabbed that at a couple of metres. Both short and long putting were great.

It was nice to hang in there and finish strongly after that start, but I wouldn't mind starting a round with a decent swing.
    Last edited by AndyP; 4th December 2022 at 11:06 AM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

VGL event at Mt Derrimut today. I was playing Champion of Champions today, stroke scratch event. Wind was blowing, fairways were prime and the greens were running true. I put together a really good round of 38/38, with 1 birdie on the front and a few other missed opportunities. Had the clubhouse lead for a while, but finished T3 and 3 shots off the top spot.
    O was runner up for handicap which was a 3rd comp which involved the Medallist of Medallists day.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

95 today from the tips at lost farm with 44 on the front and 51 on the back, such fun golf and a different experience to the Dunes back to back.

Barnbougle run the short course was an absolute blast yesterday, could easily play that course 3 times in a day and not get bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

A poor round at McLeod today. Course was in good shape, greens were slow but rolled OK. 80/27pts, think I had 4 doubles.

Poor 27 points today for me as well. I couldn't get the driver on line today, losing a lot of shots right into the trees. Long irons were similar. Putting was awful as well for some reason, 34 putts with four 3 putts 😑 despite the swing being a bit off I did hit 6 greens and got a NTP. At least I won something 😂

04/12/2022, McLeod GC (Scr 70 Sl 131 Par 71), White Tees, Stableford.

Strokes Gained vs Scratch

Scoring: PBbXBbBXP PbPBPPPPP; 42:34:76 (+5:E:+5); stab 17:22:39pts.
    Played to 5.2. Golflink 7.8 (-0.6).

I felt like I had some good momentum with my game from the Saturday round, so I decided to double up on golf for the weekend. It was a good decision. I mixed in great shots with some bad on the front nine, balancing my two double bogeys with birdies, although the bogey from the knifed PW on 7 was more annoying than the doubles. The back nine was really good. Best driving day for ages, irons came good, a couple of good sand shots, and the putting travelled well for a change.

It is my lowest played to for a long time (I only have records back to 2016), although there are a couple of 5.3 played to there. 39pts mightn't sound like much to get excited about, but that's how it is for us honest golfers. :P Now I wait impatiently for McLeod to officially update my handicap.
    Last edited by AndyP; 6th December 2022 at 12:25 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Had a blinder at Alice Springs GC today.
    Set a new personal best in the process.

83 gross
    42 points

Front 9 was OK apart from 3x bloody 3 putts.
    Back 9 was golden.
    Only blemish was hole 17. Drove it into the water! Have never hit it that far before, I'll have to start hitting hybrid.
    Attached Images
    Desert Golfer

35 points today, struggled off the tee and putting was ordinary on last 4 holes.
    Still, another 76 off the stick. Starting to manage my expectation of my game a lot better

Checking in for yesterday's Monthly Medal at Cairns. Steady golf, 10 bogies / 8 pars, left me one better than my handicap (82 net 71) and tied for best B grade gross score.

Couldn't get the speed of the putts from long range dialed in and three 3-putts undid what could have been a great score.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Two rounds this week, one bad, one decent.

Wednesday - struggled with blow-out holes, a bit like McLeod the previous Sunday.
    PPPBXbPPB-XPbBbXXPP 78/27pts

Saturday - still couldn't eliminate the blow-outs. Should've got up & down for birdie on the 9th (my 18th), but didn't, so a double-par-par finish was a bit of a let down, even if the overall score was good.
    PPbPbbPPP-BPPPPbXPP 69/37pts

Had to cancel today's Brookwater round to help look after a sick kid, and will miss the coming Wednesday comp due to work travel.
    Last edited by BobsYourUncle; 11th December 2022 at 06:30 PM.

Didn't play yesterday as I was busy brewing so I pretty much got what I expected today with a middle of the road 30 points. Driver was a bit better than last week with the missed fairways mostly not ending up in too much trouble, distance was fine though averaging 243m. Irons were off, hitting a lot of pull draws for some reason. 5 greens, 33 putts, a few more would have dropped with a bit more pace.

Some nice scores above. Well done, guys. I'll add to them.

11/12/2022, Windaroo Open, Windaroo Lakes GC (Scr 74 Sl 130 Par 72), Black Tees, Stroke Honour Board event.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: bBBPPPPBB PbBPPPXPB; 39:39:78 (+3:+3:+6); nett 68.
    Played to 3.5. Golflink 7.0 (-0.8).

Last week I played really well for my lowest played to in ages. Yesterday I played better on a course that was set up to be difficult.

Driver was a bit shaky, but I managed the misses well most of the times, except a couple in water hazards. Irons were good, but it was great to have big greens and surrounding fringe areas to land on to allow the putter to do the work, rather than the small targets at my home course. Putting was great from on the green or just off. My distance control with the putter was really good with 1.5 SG vs Scratch for putts over 8m, which doesn't include the good fringe putting.

It was a bit of a mental challenge playing well, and not getting ahead of myself. I did choke a little on the 12th by knifing a full wedge, but that got me back in one good swing at a time mode and following the same routine each time, but I did continue to feel the self-inflicted pressure. I need to get used to scoring well.

Well played Andy. When the pressure is on, its not about the score, its about making a swing

Played the B grade match play final today.

36 holes and I got beat on the 36th, gutted. Old mate shot 2 over the back nine to beat me. To make it sting even more I was 2 up with 3 to play

30 points today at Oxley. Hit the driver pretty well but the rest of the game wasn't fantastic unfortunately. Will be looking to improve that tomorrow. Cracked one 303 metres downwind on the 12th, that was satisfying 😄

I had 29 points playing off +1, with 3 doubles. So a bit ordinary.

Picked up a ham on Gala(h) Day

Member Teaching Pro

74 for 38 points with 2 double. Nicely offset by an eagle.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Played in the District Champs today at Gold Creek off the blacks.

Missed 2 3 footers for 39 on the front, but the highlight was the bunkers being out of play, so I flubbed my flop shot into the same bunker twice on the 11th and lost my mind after that.

83 off the beater with two triples and a double. Yay.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

30 points at Wantima yesterday. Starting on 10 I was going along nicely with 19 points on that 9, nice birdie on the 18th. Unfortunately I got too erratic with the approaches on the second 9 and couldn't take advantage of some good tee shots (and a couple of lucky ones that bounced off trees). The putter went cold as well, taking 20 putts compared to 13 on the front 9. Pretty happy overall with my driving, need to tidy up the irons and work more on the short game, which I'll get stuck into properly after this week once I'm on holidays.

Birdies flowed today, but so did the bogies. Couple of three putts (1st and 14th) hurt.

BPbPPPbPP-bPbBBPPbB 69/37pts

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I found out today that you can play golf with a sore hamstring, and I played very well for 37 points.

Maybe going out with no expectations and just trying to swing smoothly rather than over-extending is one of the secrets to good golf. Holing most of the short putts helps, too.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    11/12/2022, Windaroo Open, Windaroo Lakes GC (Scr 74 Sl 130 Par 72), Black Tees, Stroke Honour Board event.

Scoring: bBBPPPPBB PbBPPPXPB; 39:39:78 (+3:+3:+6); nett 68.
    Played to 3.5. Golflink 7.0 (-0..
    The above round was good enough to win gross grade B for a rare big prize win of a Titleist bag. Sweet!

-------------

18/12/2022, Wantima GC, White Tees (Scr 69 Sl 120 Par 70), Stableford.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring (10th start): PXPPXPBPB BPBBbBPPB; 41:39:80 (+6:+4:+10); stab 15:17:32pts.

Played to 10.4. Golflink 7.0 (-0.0).

Not quite the lofty result of last week, but there was enough there to keep momentum. The driver put me into recovery modes too often, and I had a bit of trouble with green reading, so didn't sink some of the putts that I normally would. Besides that, it was good, and the nice iron striking continued with the main problem being that I was hitting them too long for a stretch of holes in the middle, which was a waste as they were straight.
    Last edited by AndyP; 23rd December 2022 at 01:49 PM.

04/12/2022, McLeod GC (Scr 70 Sl 131 Par 71), White Tees, Stableford.

Scoring: PBbXBbBXP PbPBPPPPP; 42:34:76 (+5:E:+5); stab 17:22:39pts.
    Played to 5.2. Golflink 7.8 (-0.6).
    I just rang McLeod to see how this went from the week before Windaroo, and this also won the comp for the day for $24 credit. Do two visitor comps wins in a row make me a burglar?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I just rang McLeod to see how this went from the week before Windaroo, and this also won the comp for the day for $24 credit. Do two visitor comps wins in a row make me a burglar?
    Burglar, no. Hustler, maybe.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Thread Information