Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Didn't do much today with 29 points either, not helped by the round taking 5½ hours because of bloody slow groups ahead. Gives me the shits waiting around for a million years before every shot.
    5 1/2 hours for a stableford round? I'd be kicking teeth in. ****ing inconsiderate pricks.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Didn't do much today with 29 points either, not helped by the round taking 5½ hours because of bloody slow groups ahead. Gives me the shits waiting around for a million years before every shot.
    Is this your club Kelsey86? Do they have tee times allocated or its just go when the group in front is out of range?

Can be a slow group but when ours slows down to that point its usually that they have shoved too many people onto the course and it just gets grid locked.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Is this your club Kelsey86? Do they have tee times allocated or its just go when the group in front is out of range?

Can be a slow group but when ours slows down to that point its usually that they have shoved too many people onto the course and it just gets grid locked.
    It was probably social clubs in the morning, then comp tee times allocated from an hour before and after midday.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    5 1/2 hours for a stableford round? I'd be kicking teeth in. ****ing inconsiderate pricks.
    I know, we couldn't believe what time it was after we finished 9 holes. I think there were social players somewhere a few groups ahead who were the problem but either way I've never had a Stableford round go that long before, they're usually at least an hour shorter.

Member Teaching Pro

Jesus's. We were first group in yesterday's stableford and were done in 3 hours. 5 and a half. Shove that where the sun don't shine

Is this your club Kelsey86? Do they have tee times allocated or its just go when the group in front is out of range?Can be a slow group but when ours slows down to that point its usually that they have shoved too many people onto the course and it just gets grid locked.
    Home club yeah. There are tee times allocated, but we usually just tee off once the group ahead is out of range. Of course, that differs between the players in the group too. On weekends it's usually pretty good, but on public holidays there's often social clubs or groups in between the morning and arvo competition times. I'm guessing it was one of them holding everything up yesterday.

Home club yeah. There are tee times allocated, but we usually just tee off once the group ahead is out of range. Of course, that differs between the players in the group too. On weekends it's usually pretty good, but on public holidays there's often social clubs or groups in between the morning and arvo competition times. I'm guessing it was one of them holding everything up yesterday.
    You are playing well enough to move to something better, that shite is beyond the pale........it's how things go.

You are playing well enough to move to something better, that shite is beyond the pale........it's how things go.
    Fortunately it doesn't happen very often. I'm happy enough playing there, most of my rounds are on weekends and the pace of play is fine. Funnily enough the first time I broke 80 was one of those slow rounds, didn't bother me that day for whatever reason, yesterday it just annoyed me.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

What a load of chaos. 3 over after 5, 1 under after 9. 4 birdies on the trot, missed an eagle.
    Second 9 was shit, had a 3 over with 3 bogies to finish.
    73/68
    39 points
    5 birdies
    0 wipes
    Major choke

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

35 points today at Oxley off 9. All over the place kind of round, driving and approaches were good for the most part, but my putting stroke disappeared on the front 9. I hit 7/9 greens and 3 putted 3 of them 🫤 made one birdie on 9. One 3putt was on 5 when the siren went to get off for a storm, so I rushed it a bit there, but the others were just shit putting. I found my putting on the back, only hit 3 greens but converted two for birdie and lipped out the third one. In addition to the birdies I also had 3 wipes, one on the restart after my tee shot went OB. The other 12 were a mixture of pars, bogeys and probably a double somewhere. Overall a reasonable score, but an interesting way to get to it 😂
    Driving distances were back to normal after being down on Thursday, avg 249, longest 272.
    Back for another go tomorrow

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    What a load of chaos. 3 over after 5, 1 under after 9. 4 birdies on the trot, missed an eagle.Second 9 was shit, had a 3 over with 3 bogies to finish.73/6839 points5 birdies0 wipesMajor chokeSent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Sounds like a perfect champs prep for a defending champion

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Boom Boom, Razz Razz, Kaah Kaah.

With plenty of each in a solid round at RQ yesterday.

73(39pts)

New driver is certainly coming into its own.

40 Points today at Alice Springs GC.
    85 Gross.
    Made a swing change, and holy crap it worked.
    23 Points on the front including 3 birdies.
    17 Points on the back.
    After finding trouble on 17, had to Par the last to win by a point.
    3 Wood off the tee wasn't great.
    I then smoked a 5 iron from the rough to within 2 metres.
    2 Putt Par.
    Desert Golfer

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default WDYSTM - January 2023

28/01/2023, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees (Scr 66 Sl 113 Par 67), Stableford.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: PPBXXPBPP PBXPBBBBB; 41:40:81 (+6:+8:+14); stab 14:14:28pts.
    Played to 15.0. Golflink 7.7 (+0.0).

Another round under 30 points, making it four of the last five. Driver was good, except when it wasn't, which was a few really bad shots with four penalty strokes. The irons are baffling me, as usual, with a mix of strike quality and direction. The putting was good, but the ball just wouldn't sink on the 4m+ putts, although some of the putts would have been shorter, if the short game was better.

I better get back into a practice routine this week to see if I can turn it around.
    Last edited by AndyP; 29th January 2023 at 05:02 PM.

32 points today. Driving was pretty much like it usually is, I only hit 3 fairways but most of the rest were only just off the edge a bit so no real issue, a couple of pretty loose ones in there just to keep it interesting, but limited the damage to bogeys. My approaches were off though, only hitting 3 greens. Far too many bunkers. I did putt better at least, I had 31 putts but most of the misses were close. Avg drive 248m, longest 291m.

Thread Information