Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I just rang McLeod to see how this went from the week before Windaroo, and this also won the comp for the day for $24 credit. Do two visitor comps wins in a row make me a burglar?
    44 won last Thursday

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    44 won last Thursday
    I rang expecting a ball, but apparently there were low comp numbers on Sunday. A win is a win. Stop trying to bring me down!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I rang expecting a ball, but apparently there were low comp numbers on Sunday. A win is a win. Stop trying to bring me down!
    We'll have to go back so you can collect.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    We'll have to go back so you can collect.
    I will likely play there a few times next year.

Great win AP

The day I played there, I was with my son, playing off 8. He bad 5 birdies ans his mate off 18 had 3. Needless to say I lost the side bet, as my partner off 16 had 26 points.

If I lived in Brisbane I would consider joining, but the first few holes, up to about 6, are ordinary.

Four is a turd, five is a meh, and don't love two. I like the par 5 third, more so than the par 5 seventh.

At this stage, it is likely that I will join next year.

39 points today at Oxley (81 gross). Front 9 was a bit of a mixture, 3 birdies and two double bogeys amongst it. Turned at 36(+2) for 21 points. Started off the back 9 well with a par and birdie, and after 14 I was +3 (I was unaware of this at the time however, as I don't add as I go through the round anymore). Then my ball disappeared into thin air on 15, I suspect another group around where it landed may have either hit it by mistake or picked it up, but whatever happened I was annoyed at it for the rest of the round and couldn't keep up the good play. Overall though I'm not disappointed, the first 14 holes gives me confidence going forward.

7 fairways, 8 greens, 30 putts. Avg drive 252m, longest 312m which funnily enough came after the mystery ball disappearance 🤣.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Strange day today, started with a shitty bogey, then got into it a bit. My putter was hot and I had 11 putts thru 9 holes, 19 points and 2 over par. Had a birdie on the 4th, hit it to 78cm with a sweet 6 iron that never left the target.
    Not sure what happened at the turn, my putter went stone cold, I couldn't make a par in the next 4 holes. Had a wipe as well. I was smoking the ball, but the putter was lost. Managed 2 birdies on the back 9, a par 5 and the final hole par 4. Handed in a score of 32 with 29 putts.
    My tee shot on the par 3 was the first shot on the hole for the day, and managed to keep the NTP for the day.
    I was actually pretty stoked with my course management, kept the ball in all the right places, except for a wayward tee shot on the 10th that led to a wipe.
    Merry Christmas to all and good golfing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default WDYSTM - December 2022

Annual Leave is good. Love golf

Last edited by BUSHY; 26th December 2022 at 02:22 PM.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

34, 37, 37 the last 4 days and successfully ruined my cap for Vic Champs.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

26 points at Oxley today. I accidentally tipped hot water on my right big toe the other day, however it's not painful now and while I can walk and swing fine it's a bit of a distraction. Will see how it goes tomorrow. At least I made one birdie 😅

Senior Member Major Winner

35. There might be something to this hitting fairways business. I’ll try the other way next time to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Annual Leave is good. Love golf
    74 at Hamo. Arccos doesn’t lie.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    34, 37, 37 the last 4 days and successfully ruined my cap for Vic Champs.
    Benno please. It wouldn’t matter what cap you were off for vic champs, we all know once you leave the Canberra metropolitan area you turn into Captain Spud.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Senior Member Major Winner

Made it home from work, and have managed to get 4 rounds in over the xmas period. Played pretty much straight of the plane, and limped around for 27pts.

Second one was a cracker, having 38pts off 8.

Following day I went and got the first in a series of lessons - highlighted my swing had drifted a long way from my previous low of 5.3. Next day went out not expecting much - birdied the 1st thinking all my woes were cured. Unfortunately we haven't finished with the lessons, so my bad shots were very bad. 3 blocks OB led to 3 wipes and 31pts.

Went out again today and drove the ball better than I ever have. 2 bad shots again led to wipes, but some much better golf in between saw a 37 carded with 2 wipes. Hit a lot of blocks with my irons (which was the goal of lesson 1), looking forward to the next lesson to tell me how to stop doing that.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post
    74 at Hamo. Arccos doesn’t lie.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Puttpete View Post
    35. There might be something to this hitting fairways business. I’ll try the other way next time to compare.
    I had 34 today and only hit 4 fairways. The key seems to be missing them close to the edge or going way off into the adjacent fairway to hit back over the trees. 👍😂

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Last round of the year, and just good enough to qualify for a report, with 35 points. A few bad shots, but a lot of good ones, so a pleasing round.

Of more significance is my health. As some may recall from another thread, I have a hamstring injury. Last week I played with not too many ill effects during the round, but it was painful the next day. Today, it is painful as soon as I finished playing. I'll probably soldier on and keep playing, but it might be the wrong thing to do.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

35 points today in my last round of the year. Had a nice 10 hole run through the middle of the round playing it in even par with one birdie and bogey, but had problems on 16 and 17 which were both wipes. Still enough to drop off a little more from the handicap.

Default WDYSTM - December 2022

31/12/2022, Helensvale GC, Blue Tees (Scr 68 Sl 117 Par 70), Stableford.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: XPBBPBBPP BBPXPBBBX; 45:45:90 (+8:+12:+20); stab 25pts.

Played to 17.4. Golflink 7.0 (-0.0).

I haven't posted a round since I had COVID, so I'm doing a quick catch up.

Blakey hosted a couple of us at his home club, and I started (warmup) and finished (over it) with terrible holes. Besides that I didn't play that bad, but when I missed with the driver, I missed big. I hit about 8 greens overall, but only 2 stayed on, with the other 6 bouncing through and well off the back; I didn't adjust to this the whole round.

After playing the best I had all year two weeks prior this was a big come down.

Newish member to being active and i just found this thread and thought id join in.

Last round of the year for 2022 finished on a high with 40pts off 7 that day, played to 2.4 which drop the HC a bit
    Only the 2nd time shooting in the 40s for the year and the other was the first round of the year, think we counted only had 23 putts on the day so was rolling it well

Hoping i can take that round into 2023 and drop to HC more.
    Attached Images

Thread Information