Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pymble GC

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Pymble GC

Anyone played Pymble? If so, thoughts on the course? Can't find much on the internet.
    Last edited by meh; 14th October 2022 at 05:34 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Perry Groves was a member years ago and I have played it quite a few times but not in the last few years.

It’s an excellent course with a majority of uphill and downhill holes, very hilly in parts so the lower down holes may have been affected by the rain.

meh, they are doing a fair bit of work on the course at the moment, changing a few green complexes and bunkering. The mail from my boys is that it's been pretty well received by the membership. It is and will always be a reasonably standard Sydney golf course, that is, probably on too smaller a piece of land to be anything really good.

Its kikuyu and as PT said, hilly, most holes run either up or down, can be a bit of a slog on a humid summer's day. Given the recent weather some holes are more prone to staying wet.

I guess when I was a member I never really worried too much about the architectural merit of the place, probably Avondale is a slightly better track but I had a heap of mates there and still do.

As a club, I rate it very highly.

Thanks for the replies, haven't played a course with kaikuyu for a while so will be something different.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Awesome club vibe and atmosphere. Decent course for the land (steepness and limited acreage) it’s on.

The new Wilcher bunkers are pretty bleh IMO but he builds the same ones everywhere he goes so I guess that’s what the club wanted.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

I played at the start of January, was in ok condition but that’s probably before we had the bulk of the rain. It is a bit up and down and the course favours a fader rather than a drawer but it’s pretty good for the land they have. It’s split into 3 6s looping back to the clubhouse with the last 6 the best 6 (even with a weak 18th) and 15 & 16 are probably the best holes.

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Thanks for the replies, haven't played a course with kaikuyu for a while so will be something different.
    Let us know your thoughts, you playing in the Senior Pro Am there on 7/11? Looks like they have a decent field O'Malley, Lonard, Senior, IBF

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Let us know your thoughts, you playing in the Senior Pro Am there on 7/11? Looks like they have a decent field O'Malley, Lonard, Senior, IBF
    No, playing there on the 18th.

Thread Information