Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Well done, bd. Good luck in the final.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Well played BD. I spent all of last season watching my opponent bomb it past me, I let it get into my head.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Well done, bd. Good luck in the final.
    Thanks Andy, 36 holes could be a mission for me my knee is still stuffed from soccer. I couldn’t even line up putts like I normally do, had to go down on one knee like I was Colin Kap

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Well played BD. I spent all of last season watching my opponent bomb it past me, I let it get into my head.Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Thank Joe, was definitely a mental adjustment to not try smash it, I’m normally the longest or same as most people that get paired with. Age old story you think you hit a bit ball until you play with someone who actually hits a big ball.Andy will know the hole and can appreciate the distance. On the first he hit 3 wood past the last bunker, 2nd hole was in front on the 3rd tee box with 3 wood also. The best he hit was on the 11th, 3 wood to the front of the old green

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Fairbairn Open. Meh 84/76 yesterday highlighted by a 3 chip triple, and a birdie on the index 1 17th.

Today started off brighter, 3 wood on the 233m par 4 1st to 10 foot and rolled in the eagle for my first EVER on a par 4.

I then hit the next 4 greens in reg, and 3 jiggled 3 of them

Ended up dropping 5 shots to par on the last 3, to have 82/74 and a disappointing finish.

It was nice to play a course that had firmed up with rock hard greens. Not sure how they did it, but it played beautifully

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Pretty ordinary 29 points today. Just out of sorts, had ten good holes but the other 8 were rubbish. At least my short iron/wedge approaches inside 150m were going well, hitting the green 73% of the time with 7 in regulation. Putting was difficult on scarified greens. Just to feel better I saved par on the last after spraying the drive 50 metres right onto the 17th fairway 🤦🏻

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Yippee, my second 'good' round in a row, for 36 points. It was actually a bit shaky, with my bunker play, of all things, helping my score. 3 sand saves out of 4. For quite a while it has been 3 sand disasters out of 4.

Almost as much of a surprise was my putting, on freshly cored and sanded greens. It was a lottery whether putts would go straight or not. I actually got one to go in that was missing, which sort of made up for the two that should've gone but bounced away. The greens will probably get worse as the grass grows, so i'm not expecting to be posting good rounds for a few weeks.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Thread Information