Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Congratulations!

Winning overall matches against other clubs meant nothing, because it came down to total for and against for individual matches? Harsh!
    2 points a win and 1 for a half.

96 points up for grabs and I think the points ended :

Mackay 26
    Rowe's Bay 25
    Ayr 23
    Townsville 22

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by 3Puttpete View Post
    *Pennants
    **** you.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Default WDYSTM - October 2022

87 off the Bat at Tocumwal Sunday
    Drove it really well. Hit some solid irons but missed too many greens wasting good drives. Chipping was terrible and putted like a busted a55.
    3 stubbed chips
    3 three jiggles
    3 doubles
    1 triple
    1 birdie

87 off the Bat at Corowa today.
    Again drove it very well. Solid contact on irons but missed too many greens again. Chipped poorly and again putted like a busted a55.
    3 stubbed chips
    4 three jiggles
    2 doubles
    1 triple (lost ball)
    2 birdies

After weeks of a wayward driver it’s nice to be hitting it much better.
    On flip side the short game is non existent and racking the score up ruining some solid ball striking.
    Seems like I’m not supposed to Drive it well and chip/putt well in the same round

4 more games in 3 days to go.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 10th October 2022 at 06:22 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

76/34pts at Brookwater on Saturday. Couple of poor tee shots on 15 and 17, and a couple of missed putts cost me.

BBBPPPBbB-PbPBPBPBP

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

09/10/2022, Wolston Park GC (Scr 65 Sl 107 Par 67), Blue Tees, Social.

Strokes Gained vs Scratch

Scoring: BPPBPBPPP PBPPPBPPP; 38:34:72 (+3:+2:+5).
    Played to 7.4. SCH 8.5 (+0.1).

Oooo, a nice swing turned up. I'm not sure if it's actually mine or not, but I liked having it for the day at least. Good driving, and the best approaches for a while. I hit 11 greens and had putter in hand off the green for 3 others.

While I didn't miss a putt inside 2m, there wasn't much that went in outside of that. That's courtesy of our current dodgy greens, plus it being Sunday afternoon. It's wonderful watching a ball track for a hole, then see it deviate against the break just before it goes in. Also, two of my three three putts were on greens that play differently to the rest also. Next time they'll sink....

My matchplay against the +2 marker is on this Friday, so I'll need to play like I did in this round, while sinking some more putts to be competitive.
    Last edited by AndyP; 11th October 2022 at 05:49 PM.

84 off the Bat Cobram/Barooga Old
    Driver solid all round.
    Irons a bit off. Chipped well and once again putted like a busted a55
    0 stubbed chips
    7 three jiggles
    1 double
    1 birdie

90 off the Bat Cobram/Barooga West
    Driver went off a little.
    Irons were better (front 9 only)
    Chipped well and putted better.
    Was only 1 over the card standing on the 8th Tee and finished the nine 4 over.
    It was a depressing train wreak from then to the finish with a total of 7 hosel rockets over the last 11 holes.
    1x shanked bunker shot
    1x shanked chip
    1x shanked low recovery 4iron
    1x power shank 5iron
    1x power shank 6iron
    2x power shank 8iron
    3 three jiggles
    1 stubbed chip
    3 doubles
    2 triples
    1 birdie (not the back nine)

Not looking forward to the next 2 rounds now. Next 2 days expecting rain with last day possibly very heavy rain.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 12th October 2022 at 02:30 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Wednesday morning comp. Very ordinary start, but managed to scratch out a score. Really should've gotten up and down from just off the green on both 15 and 16. Still getting birdies, which is a good sign.

XbBBBPPPb-PPbPPBBbP

14/10/2022, Wolston Park GC (Scr 65 Sl 107 Par 67), Blue Tees, Matchplay Champs Rd 1.

Match: LWLsssLsL LsWWsLs..
    Scoring: BbBPBPPPB BPPbPPPPP; 38:32:70 (+3:E:+3).
    Played to 5.3. SCH 8.1 (-0.4).

I played my matchplay championship round against a +2 marker yesterday. Not much chance of a win, but hopeful to at least make it competitive and get well into the back nine. I couldn't have asked for too much more from my game and was happy to only lose 3 and 2. I won a few holes and only gave away a couple in my opinion. Driver was a bit meh, irons game good in the second half, and the putter was hot from close to medium range.

1: My opponent outhits my drive with an iron. Both on the green, but I sloppily three putt from long range to hand him the win. 1 down.
    2: My opponent drives to greenside on an uphill 283m par 4. I'm in the trees and punch to greenside in two. I chip in, and he misses a metre putt, and I get on the board early. All square.
    3: I don't get up and down on the par 3, to match his 2 putt par. 1 down.
    4: I sky a drive right, while he bombs another one, and I'm hardly past him after two shots. His approach to the par 5 hooks left and rebounds off the OOB fence. It ends up with two putt pars for both. 1 down.
    5: Snap hook 3 iron, and then miss the green with the pitch back, but he doesn't make his par, from off the green, and I get up and down to square with a bogey. 1 down.
    6: Fairly regulation pars for both of us. 1 down.
    7: My 3 shots to the green can't match his drive/iron/2 putt birdie on the par 5. 2 down.
    8: Both have long putts up the tier on the par 3. He leaves a gimme, and I have to sink one from a couple of metres to square. 2 down.
    9: I'm finally closer to the hole after the tee shot. He stiffs his approach to a couple of metres, and I felt the pressure on my dodgy pitching game and put my pitch in the trap. He made the birdie putt anyway. 3 down.
    10: I am making a habit of missing the tenth green due to club selection issues and do so again, and bogey to his regulation par. It is starting to look like it could get messy. 4 down.
    11: The driver gets put away, and I put a couple of good swings on a hybrid then 7 iron to be on the green, compared to his drive and chip. Pars for the square. 4 down.
    12: He misses into the trees left but punches out to just off the back. I hit hybrid off the tee as opposed to the usual driver, then fan my approach to the front right of the green, but further away than my opponent. I leave the long putt a couple of metres short, but he doesn't up and down, then I make the putt for a par and win. 3 down.
    13: Both of us stick it to within a few metres of the flag. He misses his putt, I sink mine. 2 down.
    14: Both on the green in reg, I leave myself a couple of metres for par again, but make it to square the hole. 2 down.
    15: After blocking myself off the tee, I get my approach just off the edge of the green. He intentionally hits his iron tee shot over to the par 3 16th, then pitches to the back of the green; I've never seen that strategy before. I get my off-green putt to a metre, and almost gimme range for my putting at this stage, but he drains a long one down the hill. Dormie 3.
    16: He hits the tee shot to green side of the par 3, while I rattle some trees, and have to bump an 8 iron on to get within 5m of the pin. He chips to within a metre. I sink my 5m putt to put some pressure on him, but he's up to it and sinks the putt to square the hole and win the match 3 and 2.

My opponent headed off straight after the round, so I walked back to the 17th tee and finished off my round with a couple of pars on tough holes, to post my equal best score of the year. Nice!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Played a mixed foursomes today, round 2 next week. This is a VGL qualifying event for December
    82/63
    We are leading by 16 strokes.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Blue markers Stableford at Oxley today, 38 points from 84 gross. Driving was pretty ordinary, but I hit my irons well. No fats or shanks today, a couple a bit thin but still found the green. Most times I went in the trees I chipped out and hit the next shot on, instead of mucking up the chip out or the next shot and making double or triple.
    5 fairways, 7 greens, 33 putts. A couple of birdies with medium to long range putts dropping which was nice.

16/10/2022, Jindalee GC, Tees 10-18 (Scr 32.5 Sl 112 Par 33), Social 9 Holes.

Scoring: PbPBPBbPX; 36 (+3).
    Played to 3.5. SCH 7.6 (-0.5).

Social 9 holer today, and I let a real good one slip. Good ball striking and putting had me at even on the ninth tee. I didn't focus enough on the tee shot (mates still chatting while I was over the ball didn't help), and pushed my hybrid right, and it couldn't be found. Played the hole aggressively after that to try to make up for it and made triple. Nice to back up Friday's good round though.
    Last edited by AndyP; 16th October 2022 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Social 9 holer today, and I let a real good one slip. Good ball striking and putting had me at even on the ninth tee. I didn't focus enough on the tee shot (mates still chatting while I was over the ball didn't help), and pushed my hybrid right, and it couldn't be found. Played the hole aggressively after that to try to make up for it and made triple. Nice to back up Friday's good round though.
    Nothing quite like blowing a good round with some bad decision making, is there? At least you should be able to take some positives.

Two rounds this weekend for me.

Fought back from a wobble at Brookwater yesterday for a respectable score:
    PbBBBPPBB-PPBPPPbPB 75/35pts

and a good win in pennants at Boonah today:
    PPBBPbbPP-bPB
    WWLhhWWWW-WWh 7&6

Started of with the pull hooks, including OOB on 3 which cost me the whole. Switched to a cut off the tee and ran away with it.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Club champs is over
    3rd nett A Grade.
    11th overall

Happy with that

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Social club game at Gailes today. Started well with a par 5 after hitting my second shot over the green, then skied a drive on the 2nd hole left into the bush and ended up with an 8. Steadied after that to be +5 after 9. Back 9 got off to a bit of a scrappy start with a double and triple on 10 and 12, but got it mostly under control from then on to keep it to +9 for a total 86. 74 nett/36 points off my unofficial golf pad GA handicap of 12, officially would have been off 13. 8/14 fairways, driver was going better apart from the skied one, average distance 239m, longest 268m. 9 greens and didn't make one birdie putt 🤦🏻 35 putts. Not a bad day overall though.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Started of with the pull hooks, including OOB on 3 which cost me the whole. Switched to a cut off the tee and ran away with it.
    Nice mid-round adjustment.

Ivo Whitton at Woodlands today. A pair of 87's, could not hole a putt, struggled with second shots

33. 21 (with a wipe) / 12 (with 2 wipes).

A beautiful day on the course yesterday, sun was shining, birds chirping and the kangaroos were out in force. The golf was a bit crappy for the start, then got better.
    78/73
    1 x birdie
    No wipes

Ordinary round this morning. Didn't score too badly, just couldn't get much going. Too many loose shots.

PBPBBBPPP-bbPBPPPPB 74/34pts

Decided to go for a hit in the soggy conditions today as the forecast is looking a lot worse tomorrow. There were about 40-50 players so the comp went ahead.

I had zero expectations of playing well at all as I usually don't in the wet, but ended up shooting 81/65 off the blacks, which at the moment is leading by a stroke with the final group on the 18th green.

Didn't start well with a triple bogey, but other than a silly double on the 9th from the middle of the fairway, the rest of the round was a mixture of pars and bogeys. 7 fairways, 4 greens, 27 putts. Glad I decided to come down now.

Probably won't play tomorrow if it rains as much as they're predicting, so next Sunday most likely. I'm not playing the ambrose on Saturday, gonna brew a batch of beer instead.

Final round of mixed foursomes. We went in with a 17 shot lead and won by 31 shots.
    Get to play VGL mixed Foursomes in November now.

Stableford today. Good conditions, southerly blew in around 10.30 and it got a bit cold.
    High lights were 3 birdies
    Shot of my life was getting onto the 10th par 5 in 2, first time I have done that.
    34 points

Played the semi final of the Club A grade matchplay today.

Was 3 down at the turn, then rattled off 5 wins in a row, including 3 birdies, to go 2 up. He birdied 15 and I birdied 16 and we halved 17 with pars for a 2/1 win.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Congrats BITS, super result, final next week?

Will it be shown live on Fox?

Piss trip away with the lads from back Portland way, playing the two 36-hole complexes at Tocumwal and Cobram-Barooga.

77 @ Cobram Old - 33 Stableford pts
    77 @ Tocumwal Captains - 33 pts
    75 @ Cobram West (Par 71) - 34 pts
    75 @ Tocumwal Presidents - 32 pts

132 points for T3rd.

Solid but unremarkable tracks, a number of really good holes though, and you could make an absolutely exceptional 18 hole composite course at both tracks from their respective 36's....

Could be a solid option for our Murray VIC Champs in the future, certainly enjoyed it more than Yarrawonga. And yet still close enough to get to Black Bull for a day round...
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Thread Information