Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Default WDYSTM - October 2022

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Did you play pennants this weekend?
    No, too old to play A grade Pennants. Got to get a new handicap so I can play Cgrade . Might have to be another division.
    Last edited by stevem109r; 5th October 2022 at 01:00 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

PPPBPbPPb-BBPPPPBPP 72/35pts

Bit of a let-down on the back 9 this morning. Missed too many birdie putts, and made a few errors.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'm going to break my rule of only posting good rounds in this thread, because today was my first round for 6 weeks, after enjoying parts of an overseas trip.

I probably should be happy with 32 points and some very good driving, which I didn't really expect. But it was as if I hadn't had a break at all. The same old stuff. Slightly off irons, bad chipping and some bad putting. One tantrum after leaving a 50m sand wedge short, for the second hole in a row.

I'm back in the golfing routine, just in time for the greens to be renovated next week, and three weeks or so of putting on terrible greens. So there aren't likely to be any more posts from me for a while, because the likelihood of a good score is low.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Reporting in for 40 on Wednesday, prior to the deluge.

2 over through 14 (12 pars, 9GIR), finished double, bogie, bogie, bogie. Nice work chop, including the 3 putt bogie on the last to lose the cash.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default WDYSTM - October 2022

03/10/2022, Oxley GC (Scr 70 Sl 116 Par 71), White Tees, Stableford.

Strokes Gained vs Scratch

Scoring: BBBPPPBPX BPPBBPBBX; 40:44:84 (+6:+7:+13); stab 14:16:30pts.
    Played to 13.6. Golflink 8.3 (+0.0)

Just another round in my journey to not improve a single bit. For the second day in a row, I was inexplicably drawing/hooking the ball. Maybe it had something to do with body fatigue after long run / gym leg day in the preceding days, but when I went to the range yesterday, there was no sign of it. Despite that, I kept the scorecard relatively tidy, without ever having an extended good stretch. As usual, I don't hit enough greens, and in this round, didn't sink enough putts, or get the long ones close enough. Some wild drives too, so basically all parts of my game were a bit off.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

36/35 for -1 (71)

9/14 fairways

13/18 greens

31 putts

5 birdies
    4 bogeys

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Oh what a spudly spudder I am.

Workmanlike golf through 9 holes, didn’t hit a lot of fairways but had legit birdie chances on 7 of 9 holes. All pars bar 1 bogey. Never really in trouble.

Pint of Brookvale at halfway

Ready to Ride that roller coaster again baby!!!

Opening the back with a birdie on 10.
    Followed that with a double wipe on 11… and another for good measure on 12.
    Solid par on 13
    Chopped for another double on 14
    Pin high for two and a kick in birdie on 15
    Scungy drive followed by a laced 4i to another kick in birdie on 16
    Swipey 9i and didn’t get up and down on 17 for bogey
    Biggest drive of the day, followed by a flighted 54* to yet another kick in birdie on 18 to finish.

Disappointed with the doubles but really pumped to finish the way I did.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Had my match play quarter final today. I played very well to win 6/5. Ended up shooting a 70 (par 67) for my best round to date. On to the semis now

Forgot how to swing today apparently. Blade and shanked my way around to 98/82 with a couple of lost balls just to complete an utter shitshow. I did hit some nice drives at least.

I finally broke 80 after my 7th comp round back thank PUC. 14 points front 22 back for 36 at the good old Gympie GC. Happy with the one under for the back nine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Member Club Pro

33pts of 8 with a bunch of 3 putts and hooked wedges. Oh and a lost ball from a greenside bunker.

Member Teaching Pro

Was happy to play a single stab after four rounds of stroke. 74 with 38 points. Good morning out with the putter definitely helped.

Senior Member Major Winner

Another day, another gag with the righty game...

Struck the ball absolutely great for the front nine, going round in +5, including a double where I was over the back of a par 5 for two. Clearly the short game still needs some a lot of work.

I'd set myself a silly target of trying to beat last Saturday's atrocious left handed round of 87, so only needed to average bogey over the back 9. Did so on 10 and 11, then the wheels fell off. Topped drive went OOB on 12 for triple, then a 3-putt for double on 13. Bogey, par, bogey, bogey on 14-17 meant a par on the last would at least tie it. A decent drive left me 87m into the pin from a thick lie, and what I thought was an awesome knockdown 50° was all over the flag, but somehow fell short and into the greenside trap. The bunker game DEFINITELY needs some work as I needed a further chip and two putts after getting out to sign for a very disappointing 89 (34 points). Furious, but won the 9-man comp by 7 points. Choppers!

Final tally;
    1 birdie
    4 pars
    9 bogies
    3 doubles
    1 triple

On the plus side, never remotely looked like missing anything inside 4 feet all day. Right handed putting FTW!!! If only I was better with it from range...

Last edited by LeftyHoges; 8th October 2022 at 11:21 PM.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by bdoug10 View Post
    Had my match play quarter final today. I played very well to win 6/5. Ended up shooting a 70 (par 67) for my best round to date. On to the semis now
    Well done, bd10. I haven't even heard from my opponent yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Another day, another gag with the righty game...

Struck the ball absolutely great for the front nine, going round in +5, including a double where I was over the back of a par 5 for two. Clearly the short game still needs some a lot of work.

I'd set myself a silly target of trying to beat last Saturday's atrocious left handed round of 87, so only needed to average bogey over the back 9. Did so on 10 and 11, then the wheels fell off. Topped drive went OOB on 12 for triple, then a 3-putt for double on 13. Bogey, par, bogey, bogey on 14-17 meant a par on the last would at least tie it. A decent drive left me 87m into the pin from a thick lie, and what I thought was an awesome knockdown 50° was all over the flag, but somehow fell short and into the greenside trap. The bunker game DEFINITELY needs some work as I needed a further chip and two putts after getting out to sign for a very disappointing 89 (34 points). Furious, but won the 9-man comp by 7 points. Choppers!

Final tally;
    1 birdie
    4 pars
    9 bogies
    3 doubles
    1 triple

On the plus side, never remotely looked like missing anything inside 4 feet all day. Right handed putting FTW!!! If only I was better with it from range...

The story of 18 sounds familiar.

33 points today. Couldn't hit the side of a barn with the driver but scrambled well enough to keep it respectable. 3 greens, 30 putts.

Highlight of the day was a slam dunk bunker shot for birdie on the 5th. Probably never do it again in my life 😂

6 holes each of best ball stroke, ambrose and foursomes yesterday. Dunno what we scored, had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Well done, bd10. I haven't even heard from my opponent yet.
    Thanks Andy, I might be playing my mate next if he wins now, that will be funWho do you have to play?

Quote Originally Posted by bdoug10 View Post
    Thanks Andy, I might be playing my mate next if he wins now, that will be funWho do you have to play?
    I have to play Stormy, who is off +2. I got his phone number today, so I can contact him. Should be an easy win for me, since he drew me in the Calcutta raffle, and it's in his best interests to tank our match.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I have to play Stormy, who is off +2. I got his phone number today, so I can contact him. Should be an easy win for me, since he drew me in the Calcutta raffle, and it's in his best interests to tank our match.
    Ohh match fixing scandalI got told he broke 3 putters threw out the champs so you better not upset him

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Club Champs Round 1 - the course was a heavy 10 after 3 inches of rain during the week. The course was just playable with casual water everywhere, but there was no run, and the rough was diabolical in many places as they hadn't been able to get mowers in.

Started steady, square after 10. Three 3 putts on the back 9 from the fringe meant a 86/75 was carded. T6 in nett, T12 overall.

Sunday - 35mm of rain in 6 hours overnight meant we arrived at the course, did a quick inspection, and abandoned Round 2 without a ball being struck.

Round 3 and 4 next weekend, weather permitting.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

First round of our Pennant yesterday at Gordonvale.

Win 2&1

Was 4 up through 8 holes, then a couple of bogies in a row let him back in the match. A bit of back and forth until he fired up and birdied a three in a row to get him back to square through 15.

Almost drove the 4th green after he laid up with iron. Chip and a putt to win and go one up with 2 to go.

Then won the 5th to close it out- disappointingly at the furtherest point possible from the clubhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    First round of our Pennant yesterday at Gordonvale.

Win 2&1

Was 4 up through 8 holes, then a couple of bogies in a row let him back in the match. A bit of back and forth until he fired up and birdied a three in a row to get him back to square through 15.

Almost drove the 4th green after he laid up with iron. Chip and a putt to win and go one up with 2 to go.

Then won the 5th to close it out- disappointingly at the furtherest point possible from the clubhouse.

*Pennants

I was a late call up to the Division 1 A grade side for the NQ pennant weekend over the long weekend.

First up played Ayr on their home track. I had a win 2 up, team lost 4.5 3.5

Then played Rowe's Bay in the arvo. I won 2/1 , team lost 5 3.

We were all thinking we would be relegated to div 2 after Sundays efforts.

Monday morning we played Townsville. I won 3/2 and the team won 6.5 to 1.5.

So in the end Mackay won the flag and Townsville, who won both their games on Sunday, got relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    So in the end Mackay won the flag and Townsville, who won both their games on Sunday, got relegated.
    Congratulations!

Winning overall matches against other clubs meant nothing, because it came down to total for and against for individual matches? Harsh!

Thread Information