Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Played an aggregate Stableford at Oxley on Saturday, best 3 out of 4 scores. We ended up with 117 points, I had 34 for my round. It should have been better, I shot +3 on the front 9 for 22 points, 7/9 greens hit but couldn't quite get the putts to drop. Then the back 9 was the complete opposite with a couple of wipes and only hit the 18th green. 39 putts all up which was disappointing.

Yesterday was a social club game at Redcliffe and I shot exactly the same score of 88 (71 nett). Only hit one green the whole round but most that were regulation chances were only off by a metre or two. The short game was much better this time, with 28 putts and two chip ins.
    Next round on Thursday.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Well done and good luck, Bushy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Good luck with the next match, Bushy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Well done Bushy, excellent golf by the 2 of you.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Yeah thanks guys. Love matchplay.

I played my club matchplay from the club champs yesterday. I finished 3rd in champs so played no.6. Started with a birdie and another on 6 and was 5 up at the turn, and my opponent gave me the match and walked off. Into the final 4 and play the winner of 2 and 7.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    I played my club matchplay from the club champs yesterday. I finished 3rd in champs so played no.6. Started with a birdie and another on 6 and was 5 up at the turn, and my opponent gave me the match and walked off. Into the final 4 and play the winner of 2 and 7.
    Well done, BITS. That's some real grit shown by your opponent.

Kapow!!

You have top 8 for the Matchplay then?

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Kapow!!

You have top 8 for the Matchplay then?
    Yes

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

A few rounds to report.

Saturday, 2nd round club champs at Sandy Gallop (10th tee start):
    PBPBbBPPP-PPBBXBPPB 79/77
    Struggled, but kept things respectable until a triple on the 5th (my 14th). Puts me back to 7th with 2 rounds to go.

Sunday, Stableford at Brookwater
    PPPBPPbbX-PPPPPBBXP 75/38pts
    Didn't expect much after how I played on Saturday, but actually played really well. A mix of bad decisions, bad shots and bad luck cost me a really good round at the end.

Wednesday, Stableford at Sandy Gallop
    BPPbBPBPb-PPPPBbbPP 70/38pts
    This could've been low. Burned the edge for eagle on 9, lipped out birdie putts on 11 and 18, and some close calls on a few more. The lip-out on 18 hurt, I thought I'd made it for an under-par round.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

A couple of nice scores there, BYU. Well done!

Yeah thats some good follow up golf.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

After getting bashed in the Open, Wednesday comp. Pins were in the same spots, greens were a foot slower so only running at 12, and there was about 40kmh less wind.

35 points lipping out on 4 of the last 5 from inside 12 foot.

The only other difference? I went back to my old Mizuno's and the world was far brighter!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Played an aggregate Stableford at Oxley on Saturday, best 3 out of 4 scores. We ended up with 117 points, I had 34 for my round. It should have been better, I shot +3 on the front 9 for 22 points, 7/9 greens hit but couldn't quite get the putts to drop. Then the back 9 was the complete opposite with a couple of wipes and only hit the 18th green. 39 putts all up which was disappointing.

Yesterday was a social club game at Redcliffe and I shot exactly the same score of 88 (71 nett). Only hit one green the whole round but most that were regulation chances were only off by a metre or two. The short game was much better this time, with 28 putts and two chip ins.
    Next round on Thursday.
    Redcliffe was my home club as a junior. My best mate Paul had a golfing dad, his name was Denis Brosnan. We would caddy for him and his mates sometimes after playing juniors

Respect

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Played in the Thursday Stableford comp at Half Moon Bay. Today was off the shortened red course instead of the usual white tees (par 68 instead of par 70).
    Managed to shoot 39 points with only one wipe. Best I have hit the ball in a while.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Pioneer Valley vets open today , jagged the win with a 3 over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Played in the Thursday Stableford comp at Half Moon Bay. Today was off the shortened red course instead of the usual white tees (par 68 instead of par 70).Managed to shoot 39 points with only one wipe. Best I have hit the ball in a while.
    Playa!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Went up the highway to Goulburn today.
    Off 7, made a dumb wipe on 3 with a 3 putt from 4 5 foot above the hole and turned with 16.

Birdied 10, 12 and 16, threw a four putt wipe in on 14 to a diabolical pin, and finished with 16/21-37.

Could have easily been 40 points and 74 off the stick, but happy with 77.

Chopperlink

WITB

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Playa!
    Thanks. Was good to hit them somewhere closer to the middle again. Sounds like you're getting your mojo back too. Well done.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Major Winner

Paid 93 (rounded down) cents a shot at Kooralbyn. MtB paid $1.38.

Was meant to be a comp at Oxley today but pretty much everyone in it wimped out. I just went for a practice bash around by myself in the end since I was already there and the rain had stopped. Had about half a dozen mulligans but hit it mostly straight for a change. Approaches were fun with the softer greens.

Blue markers Stableford at Oxley today. Ended up with 38 points, 19 apiece for each 9. I playtested another driver, this time TSi3 with 70g HZRDUS smoke black RDX 6.5 shaft, hit it much better than last week's TSi2 with tensei blue 55g s flex. This one felt lighter to swing and easier to control the direction, I also hit it further, and preferred the look of the head at address. I only hit one bad snap hook with it on the final hole.
    Hit 10/14 fairways, only 2 greens but the short game was working well making plenty of up and downs. I mainly missed the greens short but on the right line so wasn't swinging too badly. 29 putts.

White tee challenge at Alice Springs this morning.
    Wind was absolutely howling.
    Took 9 holes to warm up, but came good with 22 points on the back.
    Attached Images
    Desert Golfer

All things considered, I'll take the 25pts. Short game was expensive. The rest wasn't too bad, considering. Few fat shots getting my ball position sorted. Putting sucked. It'll get there.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Senior Member Major Winner

Stableford @ Balaklava
    Greens were cored 2 weeks ago and hadn't been mown in the morning before Saturday comp like usual so they were hairy like a 70's centrefold.
    Started with a great drive to the perfect position biting a piece of the dogleg off on the par 4 first. Poor 9iron in short right followed up by a poor chip to the heavily sanded green to set up a very poor bogey start. Scored 1 point over the next 4 holes set up by huge misses off the tee with 2 OOB and blocked out from playable shots (getting the ball in play often enough starting to become a real issue).
    Steadied the ship a little with a great low bullet driver recovery second shot on 7 for 3pt par after leaving birdie putt short dead in the heart. 3 Jiggled the par 3 8th from just off the edge.

From here my game and ball striking dramatically changed. For weeks I've been struggling with my top half and bottom half not working together. The problem being worse with the driver than any other shot. Despite trying for weeks to get the feeling of the left hip starting my takeaway it's been the shoulders starting everything which sets up my poor driving and inconstant contact. Finally got the left hip to start things off resulting in the middle of the driver and fairway being found. The feel and pure contact continued from tee to green setting up a series of regulation pars and a few narrowly missed birdie chances 6 holes in a row. Stumbled on holes 15 and 16 making poor bogeys due to vey poor chip shots where I would normally get up and down 4/5 times. Narrowly missed birdie from 10 foot on 17 and made birdie from 8 foot on 18 to finish the back nine 1 over the card.
    Ended up 3rd in A Grade with 32pts (12-20).
    Got NTP for 2 on 13 (8 foot, 2 inches inside the previous) and 17 (10 foot, no one else had hit the green)
    Dropped my 2nd best flag and went out 0.6 and back to double digits GA
    Last edited by Hatchman; 28th September 2022 at 08:32 AM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Last round of champs Saturday played best round of the 4 with a solid 80. Good enough to finish 5th for the champs in B grade.
    Have now qualified for match play so that should be fun

30 points today after I had a lesson beforehand and made a small change to my setup position in regard to shaft lean. It needed to be further forward than I was setting up. Didn't hit my irons as consistent as I'd like but when I did make good contact bugger me they were nice shots. I will practice and get used to this change like the rest of them however. Driver went well again though and I have now bought it, I hit 8 fairways but the misses were still in good position except on 8 I when was half behind a tree after the 3 wood tee shot went straight instead of drawing.
    Short game and putting decided to have the day off unfortunately 😂

Thread Information