Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default New Balance golf shoes??

Anyone got any experience with them? I wear NB shoes for work and gym as they fit my feet well, but have no idea what their golf shoes are like? I wear orthotics as well, though haven't been in my current gofl shoes as they don't fit well in them. Obviously will try them out, but just anything I should be looking out for with them?
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Anyone got any experience with them? I wear NB shoes for work and gym as they fit my feet well, but have no idea what their golf shoes are like? I wear orthotics as well, though haven't been in my current gofl shoes as they don't fit well in them. Obviously will try them out, but just anything I should be looking out for with them?
    The pair I use are comfortable but the soles started peeling off a bit too early for my liking.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    The pair I use are comfortable but the soles started peeling off a bit too early for my liking.
    My preferred golf shoe, with my XWide feet. Super comfortable and great traction.

The sole peeling is a known issue, but not super common. Brosnan have been good turning around warranty claims about it when I was working in the shop.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    My preferred golf shoe, with my XWide feet. Super comfortable and great traction.

The sole peeling is a known issue, but not super common. Brosnan have been good turning around warranty claims about it when I was working in the shop.
    Mine was outside warranty with the amount I was playing at the time. I wore them today though, as my backups, and it isn't a huge issue with a little super glue keeping them functional.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

New Balance will be my next golf shoes.

Sketchers are currently holding up well.
    Desert Golfer

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I have a few pair of New Balance that I got through Squizzys a few years ago for a great price ($75 from memory). They are a nice wide fitting, though a touch flat in the sole bed for me. The two issues I have had with a couple of them so far 1) the sole lifting and 2) the Faux Leather cracking and lifting. Actually there is a 3rd issue; Flat Laces refuse to stay done up! though that isn't really a NB issue. In the case of the pair with the sole lifting. It happened in multiple sole segments on both shoes. I re-glued them once, but this segment didn't hold.

Attached Images

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

A pair of 574 greens landed on my doorstep the other day. Do seem to have a very squishy inner sole, but I slipped my orthotics in and they fit well, and found the feel even better. Just a bit firmer under foot.
    In NB I have been a solid 10.5 through 3 different pairs of runners and the trail shoes I wear for work. But I ended up with a size 10 in these. I actually couldn't find a 10 locally to try, but the 9.5 in this style was just too small (felt a bit squeezy around the toes like in my crocs) but a 10.5 in different models of NB golf shoes were too big. So took a chance.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Thread Information