Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Default Best pub in Tenterfield

Heading there this weekend for a golf trip. Would like to check out a few pubs, any suggestions?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

It’s not a big place, you will have a chance to try them all!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Kelsey was just there, and played our club manager in matchplay.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by bdoug10 View Post
    Heading there this weekend for a golf trip. Would like to check out a few pubs, any suggestions?
    We stayed in Tenterfield overnight Monday. Tenterfield looks to be slowly dying. We had dinner at the Tenterfield Tavern and Motel. Food was good and it looked like a nice bar set up. Open wood fire etc and fairly modern. They also did Coffees, which seemed to be popular. Not a lot open at night in town though. I gather there are couple of other pubs, but we didn't check them out. Their Motel was full, so had to go elsewhere for a bed.

The Golf Club has Motel accommodation and a Restaurant. But from what we could gather, the Restaurant only opens Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Stanthorpe was much more "open" and seemed to be thriving. We stopped there for Breakfast on the way home. Can highly recommend Slaps Cafe!

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    We stayed in Tenterfield overnight Monday. Tenterfield looks to be slowly dying. We had dinner at the Tenterfield Tavern and Motel. Food was good and it looked like a nice bar set up. Open wood fire etc and fairly modern. They also did Coffees, which seemed to be popular. Not a lot open at night in town though. I gather there are couple of other pubs, but we didn't check them out. Their Motel was full, so had to go elsewhere for a bed. The Golf Club has Motel accommodation and a Restaurant. But from what we could gather, the Restaurant only opens Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Stanthorpe was much more "open" and seemed to be thriving. We stopped there for Breakfast on the way home. Can highly recommend Slaps Cafe!
    Thanks Dave’s,We are staying at the golf course 18 of us, will eat there on the Saturday it will have to look elsewhere on Sunday by the sounds.We are leaving Camira at 6 Saturday, so will have a hit at lunch time then head to town for a beer experience

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Thanks Dave’s,We are staying at the golf course 18 of us, will eat there on the Saturday it will have to look elsewhere on Sunday by the sounds.We are leaving Camira at 6 Saturday, so will have a hit at lunch time then head to town for a beer experience
    According to the website, the Golf Club Accommodation has a BBQ area for guests and I gather they do Breakfast Buffets for groups. Might be worth checking out as well;

http://tenterfieldgolfclub.com.au/in...-stay-packages
    Last edited by Daves; 16th August 2022 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Kelsey was just there, and played our club manager in matchplay.
    I beat him too 🤣 but he didn't have a great day, got the yips a few times on putts and some chips. I didn't venture into the town other than once to buy smokes so can't really comment on the pubs in there. We just had dinner at the club each night, it felt a bit like a pub anyway really. There is a BBQ area at the back of the 9th green next to the lodge building as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    I beat him too 🤣 but he didn't have a great day, got the yips a few times on putts and some chips. I didn't venture into the town other than once to buy smokes so can't really comment on the pubs in there. We just had dinner at the club each night, it felt a bit like a pub anyway really. There is a BBQ area at the back of the 9th green next to the lodge building as well.
    What did you order? Big meals? Or do I need a starter

What did you order? Big meals? Or do I need a starter
    I mainly got parmy and chips/salad, was plenty for me, if I'd have gotten a starter I wouldn't have finished the meal. The other meals others had looked a pretty good size too.

Thread Information