Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default WDYSTM - August 2022

29 points at brookwater. Putted well, but nothing over 6 feet dropped. Didn't miss under 6 feet. A few blow ups on the back killed me after a decent front 9.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    29 points at brookwater. Putted well, but nothing over 6 feet dropped. Didn't miss under 6 feet. A few blow ups on the back killed me after a decent front 9.
    I think next time I play brookwater of the yellows, I'll leave driver at home. It's still 6100m from the yellows, but the par 5s really aren't accessible in 2 with the wet fairways, and driver just gets me into trouble on the par 4s because I'm hitting it to places where the fairways narrow or run out.

Away this weekend in Tenterfield, only two proper stroke rounds across the few days, 86 on Friday which included an 82 metre hole out, spinning it back into the hole. 92 today in the cold and wind starting on 18 in a shotgun start. The other rounds across the weekend were ambrose. Good weekend all round though, and a few comps at Oxley this coming week since I decided to have the week off.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

My game has gone to shit, only missed 2 fairways today and couldn't hit a f..... iron shot. 3 birdie putts all came up short.
    26 points

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

34 points off the blues yesterday (82), 34 points off the whites (80) today.

2 balls collected, and a NTP today at 188cm.

Still have absolutely no touch around the greens - 0 up and downs today.

But, it feels like a corner is being turned.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Major Winner

Default WDYSTM - August 2022

Stableford at Balaklava Sat.
    Day was looking like it was going to be a wet one, and it was.
    Made 17pts on the front with an OB triple on the 4th. Driver was just as poor on the back nine but in worse spots and stubbed 4 pitch/chip shots to scramble home with 13pts.
    Got drowned with the one off heavy rain showers. Highlight of the day was birdie on 16. Put my money in for the birdie spin on the wheel at presentations and my number 16 came up for a $91 dollar win.
    Just to explain how that works. Any birdie on any hole of the course counts for a shot at the wheel. If you have multiple birdies you get multiple chances. Where 2 or more players birdie the same hole they have to split what's in the kitty.
    At presentations every one who had a birdie is asked if they want to enter. You pay your money and the wheel is spun. If no ones number comes up the the kitty jackpots until it goes off.

Sun Balaklava 27 hole Open
    Was behind the 8ball before I even started getting balloted to start on the 17th (my nemesis hole). Holed a 10 footer to save bogey after a stubbed chip and thought I may have escaped a little but worse was yet to come after pushing a 6iron into the tough 18th missing the green on the worst possible side. 3 chipped it coming back up the step slope after 2 stubbed chips and 2 putted for an easy triple. Thinking long terrible day ahead from here. Played holes 1-9 well for 42 apart from the OB triple on the 5th after getting a 30m kick off a tree to end up OB. Holes 10-16 were a mix of pars and bogeys to finish with 44 that had that triple on 18 from the start in it.
    Bring on the last 9 and back to my nemesis hole again all warmed up this time. Hit a good 3 wood to the corner but it wasn't quite far enough to get a clean look and scrambled a 6 foot save in the end for a bogey after having fight with the big bushy pine on the corner. Made birdie on 18 from 6 foot and and another birdie on 10 from 15 foot. Came crashing back down quickly with a triple on 11 after hitting 3 different trees in a row while trying to get out. Closed the remainder out with pars and bogeys grazing the edge on 2 more birdie chances for 3 over 39.
    In the end I was only 4 shots off the pace for A Grade Nett. Three triples proved very costly in the end.

Driver was terrible again both days. Having big problems atm with big misses in both directions.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 8th August 2022 at 07:29 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Away this weekend in Tenterfield, only two proper stroke rounds across the few days, 86 on Friday which included an 82 metre hole out, spinning it back into the hole. 92 today in the cold and wind starting on 18 in a shotgun start. The other rounds across the weekend were ambrose. Good weekend all round though, and a few comps at Oxley this coming week since I decided to have the week off.
    What’s Tenterfield like at the moment? Heading there next weekend for 3 days of golf

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Here is my seemingly one entry per month into this thread. I had a good day today for nett 70 in a stroke event. Two weeks of fine (and now windy) weather has totally dried the course out. So much so I was hitting clubs into greens that I haven't done for a long time. But the difference to recent rounds was short putting and avoiding disasters around the greens.

I've been playing well, but finding a way to turn good scores into 34 points, usually through short game disasters. The game can seem like fun when those self-imposed bad things don't happen.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Won the August A grade medal at Penrith on Saturday
    Played as a Stableford event during winter months
    38 points off 11 with a lost ball wipe on 17th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 driver proforce V2 STaylorMade 2016 M2 3 woodMizuno mp fli-hi 21*Mizuno mp h4 4-pw KBS c-taper lite 105 rTitleist sm4 50, 54* & 58* Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider cs

+5 (34 points) this morning. Thought I played well, putts just didn't drop. A few lazy bogies from the fairway didn't help though.

PBPPBbPPP-PBBPPBPPB

9 was pretty much a 3-putt par (first putt was in the fringe). Was above the hole after a nice 3 wood off the tee, but got scared and left the eagle putt about 6 feet short, then missed the birdie putt. Then missed an 8-10 footer for birdie on 10, 1 roll short of the centre of the cup (on a slightly sandy green, I should've known to hit it harder). Left quite a few putts short really, maybe it's because I'm switching between faster and slower greens every round I play...
    Last edited by BobsYourUncle; 10th August 2022 at 04:41 PM.

LOST
    1 golf swing. Last seen about 1 month ago. 86 OTS
    23 putts

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bdoug10 View Post
    What’s Tenterfield like at the moment? Heading there next weekend for 3 days of golf
    Cold. 😂 But the course is in pretty good condition. Just as long as it doesn't rain too much. Greens are slick as. I had 35 points at Oxley today, iron striking was pretty good although I didn't hit many greens, but I got off to a crazy start with 13 points after 4 holes before the wheels fell off a bit to turn at 18 points. Kept it reasonably consistent on the back 9 for once apart from one wipe. I've been working on trying to stay relaxed through the round instead of worrying about the score and letting bad shots get to me too much, and throwing my swing tempo out. Seemed to help today. Next comp on Friday.

Felt like minus 6 when we teed off first group.
    5 points after 5, and then it started to warm up. Down to short sleeves on the sixth, and played to cap from there, even with four three putts on defrosting/multi paced greens.
    Good times for 31 points

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

August has been good to me so far.

Had a wonderful CoC that touched me in all the right places, made it into the seeded groups and finished T6 overall.

Won the Saturday net, 3rd Net Overall, won a few days and the CoC Ironman.

That's some nice consistent golf.

‘Twas a big CoC for all involved.

How did you get your name back? And... I have another question about your table

Chopperlink

WITB

On FIRE Bushy!

Chopperlink

WITB

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    How did you get your name back? And... I have another question about your table
    The mod gods were in a good mood.

As to your other question, Trent is a Cairns local. Nice bloke.

34 points at Oxley today. 9 fairways, 3 greens, 29 putts.

Odd scorecard, triple to start the nine 4s in a row before a par 5 on the 11th to end the run. Nice to play those 10 holes at +2 off the stick though.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Am I allowed to pay in here, considering it was am Ambrose???? Heck, it's my only 18 holes for this year thus far...

With no doubt in my mind at all, yesterday was my best ball striking ever! The bigger issues I had were with chipping (hitting it fat (and no @Andyp, I didn't use my chipper, though I should have!), And shots with less than a full swing, which we did have a lot of. But I expected that. Finesse is the hardest to keep.
    9/14 fairways which I know is my record! At the driving range I've been hitting regular draws so I lined up down the right tree line on my first par 4 and hit it dead on where I was aiming, so can't really complain about that! Had put some lead tape on my driver to try and straighten it out......
    One other miss was when I tried to hit a fade on the dogleg 16th, but forgot to change my aim, and hit it dead perfect but just behind the last tree on the dogleg. Again, can't complain about that.
    Putted very well, sinking a fair few longish ones, and grazed the hole on two more and lipped out another two.
    35 years of golf, a handful of lessons etc, and a comment from my daughter's boyfriend, Riley, on what he was told to do with his swing, and I suddenly realise my right wrist has been flat in my backswing, instead of my left. A month of working on that seems to have helped my consistency. Now to with out why I'm shaking pitches and chips.
    Maybe time to join the club again!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I played well in the ambrose too, but it will probably mean nothing as I chunk or knife my way around my home course in an hours time.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I played well in the ambrose too, but it will probably mean nothing as I chunk or knife my way around my home course in an hours time.
    How did you pull up after yesterday? Not too sore?

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    How did you pull up after yesterday? Not too sore?
    Not too sore. Weirdly, the side giving me trouble yesterday has eased, possibly because of the self massage I put into it yesterday. While, the other side, which I didn't notice much yesterday, but I definitely remember injuring a couple of weeks ago, isn't too happy today. I'm hoping the swing will still be okay, at least for approaches anyway.

Thread Information