Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thanks boys. I also won the prestigious Mackay Whitsunday Wintersun 72 hole gross. 36 at Proserpine and 36 at Mackay about 2 weeks ago.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    4 rounds of club champs just finished. Finished 3rd in A grade and won the seniors.
    Good job Ash, I played with one of your members in the last round of CoC.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Good job Ash, I played with one of your members in the last round of CoC.
    Who was that?

Default WDYSTM - August 2022

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Who was that?
    Gregory James- actually he is from Sarina

Gregory James- actually he is from Sarina
    Yeah long time member at mackay and I used to play pennants with him. I think his dad and brothers are members up there.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

75/+4 around my old stomping ground this morning in very wet, soft conditions. 36 points was good enough for 3rd place, with a +1 daily difficulty. Could've easily been lower, but not bad given the conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    75/+4 around my old stomping ground this morning in very wet, soft conditions. 36 points was good enough for 3rd place, with a +1 daily difficulty. Could've easily been lower, but not bad given the conditions.
    Another 75 at North Adelaide this morning. Probably didn't play as well (driver was off), but sunk a few more putts.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Opened the ute, got the buggy and clubs out, and found a part of my swing.
    Fn horrible off the first, somehow got a par, similar story off the 2nd, even worse off the 3rd. 1 over after 7 holes and just holding on.
    19 points on the front
    Couldn't get a break on the back 9, 15 points.
    Putting was good, short game not so, driver a bit wayward.
    78 OTS for 34 points.
    Got to hit an extra club up hill into wind

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Major Winner

Stableford at Balaklava

Had an absolute horror day. 1pt through the first 5 holes setup by 2 lost balls and an OB after a 20m kick off a tree.
    Made 6pts on the last 3 to round the nine out with 7pts. Made 14pts on the back for a whopping 21pts for the day with mission accomplished by making sure more than 1pt a hole average was achieved for the round.
    Course is playing as tough as it ever has with the rough long and thick. It's growing quicker than it can be mown every week making finding balls difficult and once you do find it hard to hack one effectively. Hitting driver as poorly as I have been is making scoring all the more harder.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 2nd September 2022 at 08:01 AM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

39 Points around Alice Springs this morning.

23 Points on the front (3 Over)
    85 Gross.

PB for me since I took the game back up about 4 years ago.
    Very happy.
    Sunk some good putts, not a 3 putt in sight.
    Nearly chipped in on hole 16 & 17.
    Used 2 Hybrid off the tee all day long.
    Desert Golfer

First round of club champs at Oxley yesterday, didn't play that well after just getting over a cold on Friday. 92/75. Driving was off, kept ending up in spots where the only decent option was a punch out sideways, didn't really give myself many good opportunities although I hit my irons reasonably well when I had the chance. Couldn't buy a putt but my speed was on point at least.

Today was a social club game at Redland Bay, went a bit better around there with an 86 (69 nett off their handicap, 72 off my GA). Driving was ordinary again (3 fairways) but it's a bit more open there so I didn't end up in trouble as much. I hit my irons better and the short game was better as well. Unfortunately ruined the card with two doubles and two triples, one of each from hitting it into the water. I need to get rid of these sorts of holes, I played the other 14 in +4, or +5 since 18 was par 4 off the whites. 5 greens, 31 putts.

Next round Saturday in the second round of club champs.

VGL event at Airport Golf Club this morning. Strong winds and a course that needs some TLC. Greens are good, fairways average but reasonable. The layout of some greens in relation to tees is nothing short of dangerous.
    24 points
    1 birdie
    2 wipes

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Finished week 2 of mixed foursomes, seems we came 5th in gross and nett. I was roped into the event one afternoon by our ladies Captain, who lined me up with a 70 year old new member. Turns out she is a superstar human and I was blessed to get her as a partner - positive, fun and not afraid to drop a casual f-bomb to express her disappointment with her occasional mishits.

Nett 76 in the first round had us 5th in gross and nett.

Round 2 was Sunday - I couldn't get anything working, missing greens with all approaches until the back 9. We were 10 over through the front 9, then I 9ut 9 iron to 12 foot on 10, 6 iron to 10 foot on 11, and 5 wood from 208 to 30 foot on 12 to catch 5 shots on the nett leaders.

Sadly, I then found the deepest rough on the course on 13, and it took 3 shots for us to move the ball out of the goonge, and our run was over.

My team won best dressed though, so it wasn't all bad. Go Team Flamingo

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

First 2 rounds of Club Champs. Pretty tough conditions going off the scores yet I’ve continued to play ok. A few mistakes cost me from being a couple of shots better but I’m looking forward to seeing how I go next weekend. Currently sitting in T2 overall.

Shoot 80 in round 3 finishing triple, par, double.

Make seeded group in 6th

Shoot 79 in round 4 playing some of my most solid golf, oh except for the two par 5’s I doubled from nowhere

Finished 8th. Great few weeks to be fair. Considering.

Three goals look to be ticked off, made seeded groups two events in a row, qualified top ten for the A Grade Match Play and it looks like I’ve made it into the A Grade Pennant team.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default WDYSTM - August 2022

Well done on achieving those goals, Bushy. I'd like to emulate some of that.

---------
    28/08/2022, Wolston Park GC (Scr 33.5 Sl 114 Par 35), Front Nine Social.

Strokes Gained vs Scratch

Scoring: PbPBBXXPP; 41 (+6).

I've still got an injury with the serratus anterior muscles, which apparently are the most or second most active muscle in the upper body during a golf swing. Just my luck as head into club champs and other tournaments that I want to play. My mates were playing just the 9 holes on Sunday, so at the last minute I decided to join them, figuring it would be 17 swings max, and if swinging hurt too much, I could just practice chipping and putting. I really wanted to test how it felt a week out from the first club champs round.

Fairway/green/par, fairway/green/birdie start helped my ignore the slight pain. The driver had its best round in months, and the iron striking was really good too. The failure came on 6/7 where I had approaches from around 40-50m out on both, and didn't hit the green either time (bad lies didn't help), or with the next chip, leading to triple double. Controlling the swing speed on the small pitches seems to be a problem. I was also experimenting with looking at the target while putting for all putts, rather than just the short ones; it was successful to start, but then it gets difficult to trust after a couple of misses, so I'm not ready to do that in comp yet.

The injury did get slightly worse, so I'm sure the physio won't be happy with me when I see him today, but I have a decision to make about my golf over the next month. I can play the four rounds of club champs, knowing that my injury won't fully recover over that time, or I can back out of the first two rounds and rest up for a couple more weeks, and reset the goals to rounds 3 and 4 of the champs, which are the matchplay qualifiers. I'm also entered in a tournament on Sunday this weekend too, which I probably shouldn't do either.

You might not have to choose AndyP. Forecast for a heap of rain they might postpone again?

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by bdoug10 View Post
    You might not have to choose AndyP. Forecast for a heap of rain they might postpone again?
    Having the champs cross over into a new membership year could be interesting, if there are people not renewing.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Having the champs cross over into a new membership year could be interesting, if there are people not renewing.
    Yes I don’t see how they can really push it back. Might just shorten it to 3 rounds?Or play in the rain. I think if will be depending on if the let carts out

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Shoot 80 in round 3 finishing triple, par, double. Make seeded group in 6thShoot 79 in round 4 playing some of my most solid golf, oh except for the two par 5’s I doubled from nowhereFinished 8th. Great few weeks to be fair. Considering. Three goals look to be ticked off, made seeded groups two events in a row, qualified top ten for the A Grade Match Play and it looks like I’ve made it into the A Grade Pennant team.
    Well done, Bushy.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Congrats Bushy, always good to realise your goals.

Top shooting Bushy. How does your cap compare to Lefty, Righty and Cuorty now? Are you Cairns #1 Ozgolfer or has Bob claimed that?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Golf is frustrating me at the moment. Driving well, fairway woods are good, but I just cant get started in rounds. Again I find myself behind the 8 ball with 4 points after 4 holes. Ended up with 6 lipouts, two wipes, a birdie and 31 points.

Handicap is going up at the rate of Cam Smiths bank balance.

Chopperlink

WITB

74/34pts this morning. Played pretty well, putted really well, but didn't give myself enough looks at birdie - bit wayward off the tee at times. Feel like I'm getting close to some really good golf.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    74/34pts this morning. Played pretty well, putted really well, but didn't give myself enough looks at birdie - bit wayward off the tee at times. Feel like I'm getting close to some really good golf.
    I could get there too if I choose the right group to play in (watching someone who can play, not my own game )
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    I could get there too if I choose the right group to play in (watching someone who can play, not my own game )

First round of club champs at my new club tomorrow. Heavy rain forecast. I don't mind that, generally. Will be interesting, I need to hit more GIRs to score well I think.

Thread Information