Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Helensvale GC Membership

I've been lurking for a bit and see a few people here are members at Helensvale - I came to the course last week to suss it out as I recently moved to Pac Pines, and I want somewhere I can do a quick 9 before work once a week, as well as potentially a comp or social on the weekend once a fortnight. I asked the clubhouse yesterday about membership and they said they literally just closed the full memberships on Friday (the day I was there - should have asked then in hindsight).

I have three options that I can think of:

1. Become a mid-week member and just play somewhere else on weekends (unless midweek members are allowed to play in weekend comps).

2. Become a full member at Sandy Gallop for reciprocal rights.

3. Find somewhere else between Helensvale and Reedy Creek that is similar in value to Helensvale (spoiler - I haven't found anything yet).

I'm equally happy to just pay full price for 9 holes weekly, but I'm worried that if I show up at 6am the clubhouse will turn me away if I'm not a member (during summer I was told I couldn't play until comps were over, even if I arrived at sunrise).

Any advice on what I should do, or if there are other equally reasonable value courses I should consider is welcome!

Thanks.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I can assure you, that whatever rules and policies that are in place, will not be waived. Well run club, happy members. you will always know exactly where you stand.

Your closest other options in that price range are Boomerang, Tallebudgera and Tally Valley (but outside your area) and par 3 courses at Tallai ( worth it IMO) Carrara KDV and Lakeside, none of these 3 are handicap affiliated.

For something different. Golf24 indoor sim will cost you $200pa and $25 an hour. N
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    I can assure you, that whatever rules and policies that are in place, will not be waived. Well run club, happy members. you will always know exactly where you stand.
    I wasn't sure if it was a rule or if it was just the clubhouse guy just being protective of the comp start time - I had the same response from both Talley Valley and Coplicks, but in reality they actually let people out until half hour before the comp starts and just didn't want someone to show up with a 4 ball and hold up the members.

Thread Information