Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    I'm not that old.
    Can’t add the seniors championship to your bag for this year?

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Yes you are. You can play seniors now (in NSW where they have the age minimum correct).
    No interest in wasting 5 hours with those homos.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

the ladies are included now - you can play with them
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    I bought one off here and used for ages. Tour issue 9.5 T serial short toe groove. The whole shabang. Sold it somewhere. But seriously good driversSent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I bought it. Can't recall where it ended up.

Member Teaching Pro

I have a Srixon Z785 with Accra and a standard Mavrik (not @doddsy flash blackout model) with Graphite Design (which was Doddsys).

The Mavrik is the best feeling and sounding driver I have used. TSi3 a close second, but could never find the middle of the bastard.

Srixon drivers the best value for sure, spend the extra on an upcharge shaft!

Member Club Pro

I got fitted for the new TSR last week and ended up in the TSR2 with stock hazards 4th gen. I picked up 40 meters of total distance over the TSI3 I was gaming. Turns out a proper fitting is worth it lol. The TSII3 was to low spin for me. TSR2 got my launch up to increase my overall distance. Also ended up in a TSR2 18* fairway which I was hitting further off the deck then the TSI3 off a tee. Can’t wait to get them in the bag and see how they go on the course.

Where did you get fit?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jwags View Post
    I got fitted for the new TSR last week and ended up in the TSR2 with stock hazards 4th gen. I picked up 40 meters of total distance over the TSI3 I was gaming. Turns out a proper fitting is worth it lol. The TSII3 was to low spin for me. TSR2 got my launch up to increase my overall distance. Also ended up in a TSR2 18* fairway which I was hitting further off the deck then the TSI3 off a tee. Can’t wait to get them in the bag and see how they go on the course.
    40 metres!!?? Was that on their launch monitor or out on the course?
    If it is out on the course, your previous setup must have been awful for you!
    Gamers
    Ping G430 Max10K 9* Driver with Accra TZ6 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    Tour Edge C721 19* Hybrid with KBS Tour 80 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by petethepilot View Post
    40 metres!!?? Was that on their launch monitor or out on the course?If it is out on the course, your previous setup must have been awful for you!
    It was outdoor fitting with Pro v’s and trackman. I work for Titleist so I was lucky enough to be one of the first in Australia to get fitted.

Member Club Pro

40 metres!!?? Was that on their launch monitor or out on the course?If it is out on the course, your previous setup must have been awful for you!
    Previous setup was a shorter shaft 44.75 in X flex and they fitted me to standard 45.5 length in stiff flex. I haven’t been playing much so my swing speed has gone to mush. So going from a TSI3 to TSR2 at a higher loft helped me launch better hence the 40 meter increase.

Where did the 40m come from, as in which metrics were improved?. Neither 3/4 an inch nor a softer shaft could result in such gains.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Where did the 40m come from, as in which metrics were improved?. Neither 3/4 an inch nor a softer shaft could result in such gains.
    For full transparency I hit maybe a total of 6 drives with my old set up. Then started hitting the new driver with more loft and longer softer shaft. I would say that if I hit my old driver at the end of the fitting again when I was swinging better and warmed up then the gains would not have been 40 meters. So from my longest drive of the 6 shots with my old set up to my best drive with the new set up I gained 40 meters. I gained 8 mph balls speed from old driver to new and my spin went from 3000 to 2500.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

I went and got fitted the other day at cool clubs. Massive thing for me was I got fitted for the cut I'm trying to hit off the tee now. Once we got that dialled in, I hit some draws which went way longer but like people have said, no point hitting it 300 into the rubbish

So between my cut fairway finder and the bomb, there was 600+ revs spin and 20 metres easily

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Anyone using the Cobra LTDx LS?

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I have been running a G425 Max 10.5* and a Stealth + 10.5* in my bag for the last few rounds. From my Game golf stats I can see that there is virtually nothing between them on ultimate distance. The Ping wins on consistency and feel. Both are noticeably different to their respective previous models in sound/feel. I find the Stealth gives almost zero feedback off the Carbon face and dispersion is relatively poor. Lots of straight left shots for me, which I am putting down the the twist face effect.

The Typical Ping sound is no more. Can't say I am a great fan of the new sound, but I don't dislike it either. Unlike the TM, the G425 still gives good feedback and is quite workable, though nothing like a G30 imo. The Gear Effect Toe Hit shot is very effective though, I have found.

Prior to the comparison with the Stealth, I ran the G425 against a G410 Plus and a Cobra Radspeed XB. There was very little between the two Pings. In fact my GG data for them is almost identical on all metrics. The pick here would be based on the price and the sound/feel differences.

The Radspeed went OK, but could not quite keep up with the Ping. Again there wasn't a lot between them on the metrics. Like the Stealth, the Radspeed kept up with the Ping on ultimate distance, but could not match it for consistency and accuracy.

I need to head to head the Stealth with the Radspeed at opportunity. I think it will be very close.

Other observations.

I am not a fan of the Stealth Plus weight channel (easily clogs with debris etc) and overall finish/quality is only average.

I have tried two shafts in the Stealth, an RDX Red 60g Reg, and a Diamana Black Ltd 60 Reg (a SIM 2 stock shaft that came with it as an extra). Not much difference for me.

The Ping Alta Black CB 55 in the G425 feels exactly the same as the Alta CB Red 55 in the G410 (both stiff).

The Cobra came with a PX Cypher 40 6.0, which I am not a big fan of. After a few rounds, I switched in a Black Smoke 60 6.0 which improved it a little.

I also have an Epic Max (prior model Callaway), to run against these Drivers at opportunity.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    No interest in wasting 5 hours with those homos.
    Played one of these events and I think you have hit the mark with that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Played one of these events and I think you have hit the mark with that comment.
    Well if you wear tight small shorts and a muscle shirt to golf you gonna attract that kind of attention.

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

I just purchased an Epic speed. Was the shop demo, only hit with tape on. Very good price. And very easy to hit. Has the smoke IM10 mid shaft.

40 metres!!?? Was that on their launch monitor or out on the course?
    If it is out on the course, your previous setup must have been awful for you!
    I gained 27 yards of carry for that exact reason. My old setup was way too low spin.

Enjoyed reading some of your comments on the Top 100 Course list last night Pete. Just checking out where we are playing for our Melb trip next year.

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Marketing aside, did meaningful, objectively measurable gains in driver tech peak in about 2008? I have drivers from all sorts of moments since then and none of them are measurably better than the other.
    great question!

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

I recently upgraded from a Taylormade Sim 2 to a stealth 2.

Went from 10.5 degrees (adjusted to 9) to 9 degrees (adjusted to 7.5)

Ball flight far stronger, no ballooning

On course I am 15-20 meters further.

This is likely a product of the lower loft, but possibly head helps a little.
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    None currently, I need to either replace the shaft in my M5 or just get a whole new driver. In the meantime my TSi3 3 wood is doing the job.
    Forgot all about this, ended up with a tsi3 with hzrdus smoke black RDX 70g 6.5. Got in in around September last year. It's been great and probably won't change it for a while

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    great question!
    Henno be right. the COR limit means that the ball cannot go further. Now its all about optimising spin and launch, which can lead to significant gain, as well as minimising the damage from off centre hits (3puttpetes special area of expertise)
    When TM introduced their carbon faced marvel, everyone was claiming more distance, but i think in time all seem to agree there was none. From memory i think TM added 1/2" of shaft length to their standard or at least one of the guys that had demoed admitted that the distance gain was probably due to the length.

I think replacing a driver once ever 6 years or so is probably the wise choice.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    I think replacing a driver once ever 6 years or so is probably the wise choice.
    So I'm due.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Yes you are. You can play seniors now (in NSW where they have the age minimum correct).
    Not all seniors events in NSW have a 50yo minimum age.

Many are still 55 and older.

Thread Information