Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 650 AUD (65%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast

Thread: LIV Golf

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Youtube was too difficult for mainstream to watch, now its on an app released the day before the first event?

FMD, get Lefty to run the shitshow with Courty scoring on a spreadsheet and Aaron organising the social side. They need someone with a clue, and our guys have experience herding cats!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    now its on an app released the day before the first event?
    Better than first day AFTER the first event

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Better than first day AFTER the first event
    Now that is growth mindset!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Looking forward to watching this week’s premier event kick off tomorrow.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Youtube was too difficult for mainstream to watch, now its on an app released the day before the first event?FMD, get Lefty to run the shitshow with Courty scoring on a spreadsheet and Aaron organising the social side. They need someone with a clue, and our guys have experience herding cats!
    Looks like channel 7 have the rights here. It’s streamed live on the 7+ app if you have that on your phone/TV. I’m watching it now. Assume they’ll play the Adelaide tourney on the main channels.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Looks like channel 7 have the rights here. It’s streamed live on the 7+ app if you have that on your phone/TV. I’m watching it now. Assume they’ll play the Adelaide tourney on the main channels.
    Really? Well spotted, Ron. I've seen no public mention of this, anywhere. Facebook knows I have an interest in LIV, and it feeds me articles, but nothing about this.

I'll probably watch the final round at my leisure sometime on Monday, partly to see if in fact it is 'louder'.

I did also note that Sportsbet were offering markets on LIV this year. Only the craziest punters would put any money on, as you really don't know whether the players are genuinely trying to win. I certainly won't be betting on Pat Perez. He is clearly happy to ride on DJ's coat-tails, and do the minimum required of him. I reckon he'll be lucky to see out his 3 year contract..
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Punting on golf normally so reliable for easy returns. Damn you LIV!

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I certainly won't be betting on Pat Perez. He is clearly happy to ride on DJ's coat-tails, and do the minimum required of him. I reckon he'll be lucky to see out his 3 year contract..
    He’s living his best life - 25 years on tour for $28M and collected just over $15M for LIV so far.

Once his 25 year career PGA Tour Retirement benefit kicks in I dont think he’ll particularly care after topping up nicely.

Although I dont think you give him enough credit. For a guy who claims he hadn’t broken par at Doral since 2003, his closing 70 in the Teams Championship in Miami was important for the 4Aces to win as they did by 1 shot.

“Perez was their biggest question mark coming into the week but contributed in an impressive fashion for the 4 Aces with a 2-under 70 after a poor regular season.

"I get a lot of grief, people saying I never show up, so I did today," said Perez, whose best individual finish was a T15 at LIV Boston. "So, everybody can shut up."

There lies a message somewhere Jim.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

The average salary in Phoenix, AZ is $73k and I would say less as a Mexican American.
    So Pat is more than 100 times that.

But I'm sure living on Government handouts in a small NSW coastal town has it's merits too.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post

But I'm sure living on Government handouts in a small NSW coastal town has it's merits too.
    Is this directed at me?

No government handouts in my self-funded retiree lifestyle. When I used to work I like to think I earned and deserved my income.

You are now on my 'do not engage with' list. I suggest you stick to talking about LIV golf.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Some interesting scores in the LIV event.

https://www.espn.com/golf/leaderboard/_/tour/liv

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I was surprised to see Jed Morgan going around for a second year. Good gig for him.

Member Club Pro

Has Louis Oosthiezen hit the same cliff Luke Donald did?

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Is this directed at me?

No government handouts in my self-funded retiree lifestyle. When I used to work I like to think I earned and deserved my income.

You are now on my 'do not engage with' list. I suggest you stick to talking about LIV golf.
    1. Yoss
    2. Ferrins
    3. Yoss
    4. Yoss
    5. Yoss

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post

"I get a lot of grief, people saying I never show up, so I did today," said Perez, whose best individual finish was a T15 at LIV Boston. "So, everybody can shut up."
    I reckon they should structure the product in a way you only get paid if you turn up and play well...

< see what i did there ?? >

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I was surprised to see Jed Morgan going around for a second year. Good gig for him.
    Cam Smith replaced Ormsby with Morgan in his team, lucky for him as he’s been struggling for ages.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    1. Yoss2. Ferrins3. Yoss4. Yoss5. Yoss
    One rule for mods, another for us.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

I used the app. Worked well for casting live and highlights. Even has a lock the screen button which is nice

Sent from my NE2215 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    Cam Smith replaced Ormsby with Morgan in his team, lucky for him as he’s been struggling for ages.
    And he made US$130k for finishing in 43rd place. Again exceeding his Aussie OOM season in a single LIV round.
    The secret of golf it to turn three shots in two. - Bobby Jones

A tale of golfing mediocrity

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    I used the app. Worked well for casting live and highlights. Even has a lock the screen button which is nice

I’ve used it on iPad, Apple TV and the phone. Good first crack, Needs a leaderboard though.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    And he made US$130k for finishing in 43rd place. Again exceeding his Aussie OOM season in a single LIV round.
    I gather he has made upwards of 1.5M so far. Which would just about match the total Oz OOM prize pool I would have thought. He still has his DP Tour ticket but I think that is caught up in the whole LIV legal action pile presently.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I gather he has made upwards of 1.5M so far. Which would just about match the total Oz OOM prize pool I would have thought. He still has his DP Tour ticket but I think that is caught up in the whole LIV legal action pile presently.
    I think because he has never been a member, he couldn't have been suspended. Could be different this year however

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    I think because he has never been a member, he couldn't have been suspended. Could be different this year however
    Correctamundo!

but the new rules Monahan has introduced can ban players for a year from joining PGA tour or any lower tour if they play 'unnofficial ' events. - but i think thats only for events on USA soil.
    Its possible his intention is only to discourage US college players from going direct to LIV and couldnt care less about plebs from the south, but we shall see.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Correctamundo!

but the new rules Monahan has introduced can ban players for a year from joining PGA tour or any lower tour if they play 'unnofficial ' events. - but i think thats only for events on USA soil.
    Its possible his intention is only to discourage US college players from going direct to LIV and couldnt care less about plebs from the south, but we shall see.
    Luckily for Jed the PGA Tour’s rules don’t matter to him.

Aramco announces a profi of $668m per day. Saudi Aramco profit: Oil giant criticised after $US161 billion record (smh.com.au)

T
    he backers won't run out of money in a hurry

Chopperlink

WITB

Thread Information