Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: LIV Golf

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Hope so.I like how you have shown your colours Luke. Who would have thought, a lawyer without ethics.
    Not a lawyer mate, but I can help you out with comprehension. I've not actually weighed in other than to point out the USA isn't exactly a paragon of virtue and champion of human rights. Never picked you for a "All the way with LBJ type."

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Not a lawyer mate, but I can help you out with comprehension. I've not actually weighed in other than to point out the USA isn't exactly a paragon of virtue and champion of human rights. Never picked you for a "All the way with LBJ type."
    Agree with this, there are plenty of the PGA Tour major sponsors happily doing big business with the Saudi's also..
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I'll laugh and shake my head if the new big $ series is sponsored by ARAMCO

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Blog Entries

Not sure that should be the tipping point but the irony will be palpable.

I like how you have shown your colours Luke. Who would have thought, a lawyer without ethics.
    Everyone has ethics. It just comes down to who gets to decide whose ethics are right ( or wrong ).
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    If one reads Koepkas past comments carefully without any bias ( as those in the media cannot seem to do) he isnt really showing hypocrisy. He regularily shows little interest in stupid questions he gets asked, and just flips them off. Did he ever say he wouldnt ever sign up? Nope.
    True but he also said:

“If somebody gave me $200 million tomorrow it’s not going to change my life. What am I going to get out of it? I already have (enough money) that I could retire right now, but I don’t want to. I just want to play golf.”

So he must be going there for free or donating the money to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    True but he also said:
    not also said. I already took into account that he said exactly that.

He did say he just wants to play golf. And thats what he is doing.

Blog Entries

Everyone has ethics. It just comes down to who gets to decide whose ethics are right ( or wrong ).
    Benno does clearly. The cognitive dissonance needed to get to PGA very good, LIV very bad is impressive.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I think the moral and/or blood money argument is a waste of time and energy. The players who have taken the money clearly don't care, and perhaps they shouldn't.

But its interesting that LIV seems to be collecting all the jerks the PGA won't miss too much. Just about the only one missing is Rory Sabbatini. I'm surprised at Talor Gooch and Abraham Ancer, but the rest, not so much.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I think the moral and/or blood money argument is a waste of time and energy. The players who have taken the money clearly don't care, and perhaps they shouldn't.

But its interesting that LIV seems to be collecting all the jerks the PGA won't miss too much. Just about the only one missing is Rory Sabbatini. I'm surprised at Talor Gooch and Abraham Ancer, but the rest, not so much.
    I read comments the DeChambeau and Reed were a constant thorn in the side of PGA officials with their teams complaining about pairings, tee times and lots of other stuff.

Pat Perez signing was amusing after he called it “kind of a joke” back in February.

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news...ti-liv-remarks

not also said. I already took into account that he said exactly that.

He did say he just wants to play golf. And thats what he is doing.
    Yes he’ll just get to play golf and take the money he doesn’t need anyway.

Benno does clearly. The cognitive dissonance needed to get to PGA very good, LIV very bad is impressive.
    You draw long bows if you see me calling the PGA very good.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Blog Entries

You draw long bows if you see me calling the PGA very good.
    Shucks you noticed. Wonder if I was trying to make a point there.

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Interesting how a discussion on competing professional sports bodies escalates into a religious-like "my god is better than your god" argument. Greed and control are at the root of all the decisions and actions being taken by ALL parties in the mix not just the tours themselves. The shift from amateur to professional sport gave rise to this many many decades ago and this is just the latest battle ground. It won't be the last ...

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Monahan is Jesus, and Norman is Muhammad?

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Monahan is Jesus, and Norman is Muhammad?
    Monahan is McMahon, Norman is Bischoff

Everyone looking forward to the World Cup this year... in Qatar.

Quote Originally Posted by jocker View Post
    Everyone looking forward to the World Cup this year... in Qatar.
    It should be here. Corruption runs deep in World Sport

Chopperlink

WITB

It should be here. Corruption runs deep in World Sport
    Corruption in Qatar is not the half of it. State sponsored terrorism, human rights violations, female guardianship laws... all reasons to boycott, but no country will, its the World Cup!

The World Cup should never have been awarded to them in the first place. Its amazing what people are happy to overlook to fill their pockets.

Chopperlink

WITB

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by 4Puttpete View Post
    Monahan is McMahon, Norman is Bischoff
    This , this I can get into

It seems the PGA tour are happy to deal with sponsors and take their $$$, but don't care who the sponsors deal with outside of their narrow scope of vision.

X company is no doubt owned by Y company and at the top Z owns the lot.

I don't think any large corporate money is ever 'clean', it just depends where you draw the line in the sand in what is acceptable and what is not. And $$$ will move that line miles.

No player is going to care what a nobody on a social internet forum thinks, and nor should they, but the players wearing Nike clothing, calling out human right issues is laughable.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    It seems the PGA tour are happy to deal with sponsors and take their $$$, but don't care who the sponsors deal with outside of their narrow scope of vision.
    Indeed thats true, as I dont think the PGATour is taking an ethical stand, to them its always about protecting their brand, they have also been that way. so they are not being hypocrites.

If a chunk of players go elsewhere, their sponsorship and attendance decreases. Deane Beman famously did this same thing to the Seve in the 80's and probably others (but he was the big fish) the end result Seve stayed away and the Euro tour eventually ended up no longer being a feeder tour to the USA.

No player is going to care what a nobody on a social internet forum thinks, and nor should they, but the players wearing Nike clothing, calling out human right issues is laughable.
    Exactly and keyboard warriors using their chinese made products to call out human rights issues is just as laughable.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Member Club Pro

Looking forward to the Joe Biden invitational, $5 mil appearance fee and $50mil prize pool, proudly supported by Uncle Sam. Can't see anyone getting upset about that and if they do they're hypocrites.

Sportswashing has clearly been going on for sometime, but this and the World Cup are probably 2 of the most blatant examples.

How this conversation is going

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Chopperlink

WITB

Thread Information