Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: LIV Golf

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by ParkRoyal View Post
    Isn't Deshampoo injured? Maybe he knows his body won't get him through much longer and using the LIV tour as an Anthony Kim payout scenario.
    He had an operation on his left hand and hadn't played since the Masters where he shot 76 & 80.

He came back last week at the Memorial but missed the cut again after hitting the ball all over the place.

I agree that maybe he's figured out he can't keep playing 72 hole events as his body won't stand much more damage.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Are you genuinely interested in it? I saw some team logos yesterday and they looked so shite - if thats an indication of the product, its going to suck. Even the electric scooter Grand Prix I watched the other day had better production values.
    Yes I am. Aside from Tiger winning the masters, very little else has interested me in tour golf for the last 3 to 4 years. I haven't watched more than a few holes in that time, and TBH I probably won't watch this. It has moved the golf needle though. It might be different and/or silly, but it won't be the same steaming pile the PGA Tour serves up every week.
    Last edited by benno_r; 9th June 2022 at 09:55 AM.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I watch the majors, Kapalua, Ryder Cup and not much else to be honest.

This is a bit of a sideshow, but other than watching a couple of highlights that enter various feeds, I can't imagine it will spike anywhere near enough interest for me to watch.

What will it achieve? It will make a few very uninteresting people extremely rich.

It will disrupt the Euro and PGA tour's, and I can't see for the better as products are diluted.

And it's funded by blood money, very questionable human rights and has the intent of sports washing a governments reputation. Urgh.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

What will it achieve? It will make a few very uninteresting people extremely rich.
    Just different rich people to the ones who usually benefit.

It will disrupt the Euro and PGA tour's, and I can't see for the better as products are diluted.
    Why does it matter the product gets diluted? We dont owe any tours anything, neither do they owe us. It will be irrelevant anyway when they become the feeder tours for LIV.

And it's funded by blood money, very questionable human rights and has the intent of sports washing a governments reputation. Urgh.
    If this league was backed by a non-Islamic country, would there be any issue with LIV? Aside from cricket, is there any other major worldwide sport not run out of the western world?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

These are reasonable points, but China has a horrific human rights yet we give them Olympic games, twice in recent history, and hardly anyone says boo.

And most of those 'influencers' who are being openly critical would be typing those words on chinese technology. And then there is the many global brands that sponsor golf, they all sell stuff to the Saudis too.

Its pretty hard to fully live out moral outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    These are reasonable points, but China has a horrific human rights yet we give them Olympic games, twice in recent history, and hardly anyone says boo.

And most of those 'influencers' who are being openly critical would be typing those words on chinese technology. And then there is the many global brands that sponsor golf, they all sell stuff to the Saudis too.

The IOC are gutless and only interested in the money delivered by sponsorship plus not wanting to embarrass any country.

It took them years to act on Russia's 2014 doping of athletes at Sochi, they only acted after a Russian blew the whistle.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I watch the majors, Kapalua, Ryder Cup and not much else to be honest.

This is a bit of a sideshow, but other than watching a couple of highlights that enter various feeds, I can't imagine it will spike anywhere near enough interest for me to watch.

Agree, couldn’t give a **** about watching it tbh…

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    If this league was backed by a non-Islamic country, would there be any issue with LIV? Aside from cricket, is there any other major worldwide sport not run out of the western world?
    So you are accusing me of racism? Wow. I didn't expect that.

You would be cool with this being played in Russia? How about in apartheid South Africa?

As for moral stands, I have chosen not to take a promotion in the past as the subject matter was against my personal beliefs. Guess it depends if money is your only focus in the world.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post

I can't say I watched Chinese Olympics - or any really for that matter. The corruption in the IOC is shameful, but expected.

The fact that 99% of electronics are chinese manufactured makes it difficult to participate in society without them. But they aren't paying me $120m to turn a blind eye to their behaviour, and I get the joy of paying for the services. If there was a better way, I'd investigate it.

Chopperlink

WITB

So you are accusing me of racism? Wow. I didn't expect that.

You would be cool with this being played in Russia? How about in apartheid South Africa?

As for moral stands, I have chosen not to take a promotion in the past as the subject matter was against my personal beliefs. Guess it depends if money is your only focus in the world.
    Yes, of course I was. You right wing loonies are out of control with your rhetoric! Maybe not worded the best but it was more a question for the general golfing world.

Would I care if it was backed by Russia, or Apartheid SA? Not particularly. It has literally 0.000001% impact on me or those around me, there are far more important things in life that I am concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    The IOC are gutless and only interested in the money delivered by sponsorship plus not wanting to embarrass any country.
    Thats true but i am referring to the celebrity keyboard warriors who are criticising the golfers, but are silent about China and many others.

I cant blame DJ, he will make more than Tigers lifetime prizemoney for just turning up. He is in the twilight of his career with just a handful of years left, and his best maybe already passed.
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 9th June 2022 at 12:21 PM.

Why does it matter the product gets diluted?
    Interesting, major sponsors are in a dilemma if PGA tour sacks all these LIV players. They will want to make the commercial decision to reduce their sponsorship, but if they do, likely there will be a backlash because by not sticking up for the tour, that seemingly supports the LIV players.
    If this league was backed by a non-Islamic country, would there be any issue with LIV?
    Good point... but this is also a dilemma for the lefties. They cant offend the Saudis based on the R word.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Are you genuinely interested in it? I saw some team logos yesterday and they looked so shite - if thats an indication of the product, its going to suck. Even the electric scooter Grand Prix I watched the other day had better production values.
    It reminds me of the footy carnival that the AFL put on...I can't remember what it was other than embarrassing...

cheers

col

I’m genuinely surprised so many people care this strongly for the PGA Tour.

Blog Entries

Ros Atkins always has a way with words

https://twitter.com/BBCRosAtkins/sta...02760703860737

Chopperlink

WITB

Ros Atkins always has a way with words

https://twitter.com/BBCRosAtkins/sta...02760703860737
    Yes he does and raises many inconvenient issues for everyone involved.

It’ll be interesting to see what sort of reception the exempt LIV players will get from the spectators at the US Open.
    Last edited by pt73; 9th June 2022 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    Yes he does and raises many inconvenient issues for everyone involved.

It’ll be interesting to see what sort of reception the exempt LIV players will get from the spectators at the US Open.
    We can only dream of a LIV player winning it. That would melt the golfing internet.

Everywhere I look, Benno chatting about LIV.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

We can only dream of a LIV player winning it. That would melt the golfing internet.
    So awesome!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Everywhere I look, Benno chatting about LIV.
    He's gone to the prius to dodge Saudi oil.

DJ just hit a massive shank

Member Club Champion

How do you even watch it in Australia?

Youtube live stream

Thread Information