Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 ... LastLast

Thread: LIV Golf

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Thats because he was going backwards and there wasn't a thing he could do to turn his game.
    That shouldn't matter considering his position and it didn't stop footage of Phil and DJ.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

The LIV Adelaide event is going to easily be their biggest for the year, which is more an indication of how starved Australian golf fans have been for an event with a decent field than the quality of the product. I am hoping that the PGA tour takes a peek at the success of the event and decides there is a significant opportunity to expand and create an Australian/SE Asian swing in the future.

I did see that Fisher was announced to be playing a set - FISHER - Losing It - Live at Coachella 2019 Friday April 12, 2019 - YouTube - that got the EDM kiddies excited in golf!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    The LIV Adelaide event is going to easily be their biggest for the year, which is more an indication of how starved Australian golf fans have been for an event with a decent field than the quality of the product. I am hoping that the PGA tour takes a peek at the success of the event and decides there is a significant opportunity to expand and create an Australian/SE Asian swing in the future.
    Multiple president's cups wasn't enough of a peek for the PGA?

Should've caught on 25 years a go when Norman was dominating and crowds for every Aus tournament were big, they should've caught on that even NFL have moved games overseas (as well as NBA). But they've continually bowed redneck hicks that refuse to be more than an hour away from mumma's cooking for more than 5 days.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post

I did see that Fisher was announced to be playing a set - FISHER - Losing It - Live at Coachella 2019 Friday April 12, 2019 - YouTube - that got the EDM kiddies excited in golf!
    As long as NBC is happy to broadcast live golf at 3am they’ll come here.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    At least he can still play in the Special Olympics then
    He could be the first to play in both Olympics then!

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by 3Puttpete View Post
    As long as NBC is happy to broadcast live golf at 3am they’ll come here.
    There was previously the event in KL, the HSBC WGC in China and one in Japan... All of those would have been uncomfortable timezones, but no idea who had the US rights to these events.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

A bit quiet in here, considering there is a highly prestigious event on at the moment. But, that quietness reflects the wider world of golf. The media only seem to be interested in the conflict and its effect on The Masters, not the LIV golf itself.

I watched today's round in a bit of detail. Not much as changed.

The golf is still good, but it is still golf. Not worse, but not better than the other golf.

The TV presentation is still awful. So much self-promotion, and the same nothing but highlights format. That is clearly what they think people want.

The one thing of interest is the player branding. The Ping guys still have their logos, so do the Srixons and Taylormades, and I saw some Titliest. But I didn't see any Callaway. Patrick Reed seemed to be the only guy with a prominent personal sponsor logo.

One thing about the 7+ telecast. No ads, which surprised me. I would've thought the US network would have as many ads as they could. Maybe there is an international feed where the US ads get replaced by the LIV promotions I saw. I don't see how 7+ would be making any money. Maybe they don't need to.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I watched a bit this morning also, it is the same as any golf event, anything but the last 9 holes is a snoozefest.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    A bit quiet in here, considering there is a highly prestigious event on at the moment. But, that quietness reflects the wider world of golf. The media only seem to be interested in the conflict and its effect on The Masters, not the LIV golf itself.

I watched today's round in a bit of detail. Not much as changed.

The golf is still good, but it is still golf. Not worse, but not better than the other golf.

The TV presentation is still awful. So much self-promotion, and the same nothing but highlights format. That is clearly what they think people want.

The one thing of interest is the player branding. The Ping guys still have their logos, so do the Srixons and Taylormades, and I saw some Titliest. But I didn't see any Callaway. Patrick Reed seemed to be the only guy with a prominent personal sponsor logo.

One thing about the 7+ telecast. No ads, which surprised me. I would've thought the US network would have as many ads as they could. Maybe there is an international feed where the US ads get replaced by the LIV promotions I saw. I don't see how 7+ would be making any money. Maybe they don't need to.
    Maybe nobody is buying ads on LIV

https://www.livgolf.com/news/news-fi...-at-the-grange

For those who don't want to click the link, among other unimportant things it says the course they are playing is 9,10 then 12 to 18 of East, then 10-18 of West. I don't know what 11 East has done wrong. The one other interesting thing is that tee times are our prime times, not adjusted for the US audience. I don't know what US time it will be broadcast, but surely that would affect the ratings. Good for us, though.

In other surprising news, LIV are actually advertising on Kayo for the event. Surprising because Kayo is showing opposition golf events but not LIV. I suppose Kayo will take money from anybody.

In other, other surprising news, Greg Norman was quoted as saying the schedule for 24 is set, but for 25 and beyond they would look at more Australian events. I'd be very surprised if the 24 schedule was confirmed. I'd also think if Adelaide goes off the way it looks like doing, they'd play here every week instead of on crappy US courses before rent-a-crowds.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

For those who don't want to click the link, among other unimportant things it says the course they are playing is 9,10 then 12 to 18 of East, then 10-18 of West. I don't know what 11 East has done wrong. The one other interesting thing is that tee times are our prime times, not adjusted for the US audience. I don't know what US time it will be broadcast, but surely that would affect the ratings. Good for us, though.

In other surprising news, LIV are actually advertising on Kayo for the event. Surprising because Kayo is showing opposition golf events but not LIV. I suppose Kayo will take money from anybody.

In other, other surprising news, Greg Norman was quoted as saying the schedule for 24 is set, but for 25 and beyond they would look at more Australian events. I'd be very surprised if the 24 schedule was confirmed. I'd also think if Adelaide goes off the way it looks like doing, they'd play here every week instead of on crappy US courses before rent-a-crowds.
    How is it surprising that LIV is advertising on a large sport viewing platform for a sporting event?

Blog Entries

Business model that relies on advertising revenue takes money for advertising! Have they no morals, the are as bad as the golfers taking the blood money.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'd also think if Adelaide goes off the way it looks like doing, they'd play here every week instead of on crappy US courses before rent-a-crowds.
    Not sure that's what Dusty and Fatprick signed up for, they were keen on less travel, more tournaments in the most difficult travel destination for Americans won't float their boat.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

This guy is playing at LIV (Fisher), hopefully the girls show up

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Poults appreciated RAGC! As do we all...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Poults appreciated RAGC! As do we all...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Course would have dried up a bit for Monday, ‘‘twas Uber soft on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Course would have dried up a bit for Monday, ‘‘twas Uber soft on Sunday
    Thaxted was also quite 'soft' on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Thaxted was also quite 'soft' on Sunday!
    So the ‘road hole’ therefore played nothing like the real thing

You'll need to explain 'road hole' to this noob mate...

Default LIV Golf

6th, Par 5. The club advertises the green as a model based on the road hole.

Last edited by thecollective; 18th April 2023 at 06:28 PM.

Ah, the 6th. Well, one of us hit the road on the left... so it makes sense in that respect!

Is it filthy Phil that has to rent a BnB to stay in during Adelaide's LIV round as he cant stay in the Gambling establishment accommodation all the others are staying in? Or is there another player on LIV's books that's not allowed to be in a Gambling estabishment?
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

https://www.livgolf.com/news/news-ca...-golf-adelaide

So, the teammates are playing together. How will they prevent the players getting advice from their teammate, or the caddy? Will they care? Will they encourage it?

Fist bumps after every holed putt I hope.

The other article I read questioned, and made fun of, the possibility of rules disputes, particularly those involving Patrick Reed.

Is Chilled attending? I look forward to an on-the-spot version of events.

Thread Information