Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast

Thread: LIV Golf

Member Club Pro

So first LIV tourny in Australia will be in South Australia at the Grange post Masters. Week after the AFL magic round.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by parkroyal View Post
    so first liv tourny in australia will be in south australia at the grange post masters. Week after the afl stupid round.
    ftfy

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Just secured my tickets for sat and Sunday.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Not that I have any interest, but what did they sting you for tickets?

Would be intrigued in how it compares to the Adelaide 500 and AFL-Magic Round

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

In this instance I'm just going to watch the players, I have no interest in the politics of it all.

About $40 a ticket per day per person, all day pass.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I'm tempted to fly down TBH - also don't care about the politics, just interested in seeing a field of that calibre live.

Exactly. Aside from going OS to an event this is the best opportunity I'll have (most likely) to see players of this level, and it's in my own back yard. As a golf loved I'd be crazy not to go.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
    In this instance I'm just going to watch the players, I have no interest in the politics of it all.

I just checked its $80 for a 3 day pass - that’s AWESOME value. Kids 15 and under a free.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    I just checked its $80 for a 3 day pass - that’s AWESOME value. Kids 15 and under a free.
    Yeah I would gotten that rather than doing individual passes for Sat and Sun, but last night when I booked they said out of stock, now this morning I find the 3 day pass back in stock, lol.

Anyways, not fussed, probably couldn't get friday off anyways, and just happy to be going for two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled View Post

Remarkably affordable. A mate went to the London event and it cost him a few hundred bucks.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

It’ll be cheaper with code Cameron25

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Bargain for $92 for a 3 day pass. Best strokeplay field assembled in Australia in years. Looking forward to it.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Bargain for $92 for a 3 day pass. Best strokeplay field assembled in Australia in years. Looking forward to it.
    In years? How about since forever. Well there was a president's cup but that's an exhibition event
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    In years? How about since forever. Well there was a president's cup but that's an exhibition event
    Pres Cup is matchplay.

Chopperlink

WITB

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/golf/pg...e99c5c333c96e5

Took them a while, but they now have a schedule.

A couple of observations. Firstly, there is a lot of travelling in a fairly short time frame, and a lot of golf for those playing majors. I'm wondering if those who claimed they loved the scheduling concept last year will still love it.

Secondly, I think they are seriously missing an opportunity by crowding almost all the events into a six month window between the end of February and late August. It is the time after the majors are over that is the golfing dead air. They should be playing right through to December, and that is the time they should be touring the world..

Not mentioned in the Fox article is anything about Australian TV. Which suggests it won't be on Fox. I saw in an article about the US TV rights that announcements about other markets were expected soon. Either we are missing out, or it will finish up on Optus, or Stan, or somewhere else. I'll watch if it is free, but not if I have to pay.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

The Australasian PGA should have an event on the week before to see if they can get some names, but they probably wouldn't be able to attract a big enough field. Maybe a co-sanctioned Asian tour event.

Norman pitched LIV to PGAT as a silly season event but Monaghan wouldnt even talk to him, thats why LIV ended up how it is and when its scheduled.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Secondly, I think they are seriously missing an opportunity by crowding almost all the events into a six month window between the end of February and late August. It is the time after the majors are over that is the golfing dead air. They should be playing right through to December, and that is the time they should be touring the world..
    This was one of the big signing points.

A lot of time off for players and you dont have to play through holidays. if i was a player - the last thing i want to do is play though December. Every other sport bar the NFL is finished.

I think they have it right. play for 7-8 month season - let the body rest.. let the players play some silly season events if they want and carry on.

otherwise you have no time to spend all the cash you made

Norman pitched LIV to PGAT as a silly season event but Monaghan wouldnt even talk to him, thats why LIV ended up how it is and when its scheduled.
    Norman is a clown and should never be listened to.

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    This was one of the big signing points.

A lot of time off for players and you dont have to play through holidays. if i was a player - the last thing i want to do is play though December. Every other sport bar the NFL is finished.

I think they have it right. play for 7-8 month season - let the body rest.. let the players play some silly season events if they want and carry on.

otherwise you have no time to spend all the cash you made
    NBA & NHL plus college sports play through this peroid as well. There doesn't really appear a down period for sport in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Puttpete View Post
    Norman is awesome and makes a boring game interesting. Feherty, McCord, Kostas and Bryson are the same. All been kicked out now.

Golf is not an exciting game.. the characters make the show. Without conflict and opinion, everything is beige and Trevor Immelman, Jim Nantz and ZZZzzzzz. (and that knob on 16 at Augusta commentary)

Also .. Aussie golf cannot survive without people who will bring cash here. You cant sustain a Aussie tour on 30K purses.

Who’s bringing cash here?

I didn't realise the LIV event in Australia was open with the ability to qualify?

As far as I knew, the SA Gov chucked them millions, and people will buy tickets, but it won't give any local Aus PGA player an opportunity to play or qualify for future events.

Its a travelling closed circus.

Chopperlink

WITB

Quote Originally Posted by 3Puttpete View Post
    What? You replied but i see no words
    --
    Handy-Cap

What? You replied but i see no words
    I said listened to, not read

Thread Information