Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Thread: LIV Golf

The PGA tour average events I don't find all that interesting but I do watch a fair bit of the DP World tour. There aren't really any big names playing on it most weeks but the courses are more varied, I prefer the commentators and there's less ads and other BS through the coverage. Same sort of thing with a few featured groups every round but I don't mind that personally.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    I don't know? I haven't watched it for like 25 years...
    How much of it was on tv before that?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3Puttpete View Post
    How much of it was on tv before that?
    Majors, and pretty much every australian OOM event.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Regardless of LIV vs PGATour, has professional golf as TV product been more boring.
    Fully agree

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    The PGA tour average events I don't find all that interesting but I do watch a fair bit of the DP World tour. There aren't really any big names playing on it most weeks but the courses are more varied, I prefer the commentators and there's less ads and other BS through the coverage. Same sort of thing with a few featured groups every round but I don't mind that personally.
    Same here.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Gary is awesome - leave him alone!
    He is a white supremacist cheating piece of shit .

He teed that ball exactly same spot as Swampy did.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

What a biased crap article.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    What a biased crap article.
    Yes. This idiot writes as if the players dont know what they signed.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

One of the things that has stood out to me so far is how much of the Sporting Press that are seemingly in the PGAs pocket.

LIV is like World Series Cricket, or Super League I or II i.e. a Disruptor. But in those cases the main protaganists own most of the Media.

Yes. This idiot writes as if the players dont know what they signed.
    You reckon they read the contracts?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I’d be pissed if I paid my agent 20% and had to read my own contracts.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    One of the things that has stood out to me so far is how much of the Sporting Press that are seemingly in the PGAs pocket..
    Being told that they’ll lose PGA Tour accreditation might be a motivating factor.
    Forum needs more banter.

Probably no. But their agents would have and advised them accordingly. None of them have gone in blind.

And seriously i am getting to dislike the Irish Twat more every day. If there is an award for nob of the 21st century he is already favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I’d be pissed if I paid my agent 20% and had to read my own contracts.
    They may not be paying the 20% according to SGS.

Probably no. But their agents would have and advised them accordingly. None of them have gone in blind.

And seriously i am getting to dislike the Irish Twat more every day. If there is an award for nob of the 21st century he is already favourite.
    I’ve always liked Rory, but he’s been slightly annoying recently

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    That would be the commentary where EVERY commentator is same kind of boring monotone analytical f-wit who describes what is happening on the screen. No diversity at all, just boring same 6 phrases used over and over again.

Where 4 minutes doesnt go by without an ad break.
    Where 3 minutes doesnt go by until we have a absolute bullshit segment invented so they can say a sponsor's name...
    Where 2 minutes odesnt go by without mentioning prize money and how important the next shot is because of it.
    Where 1 minute doesnt go by without Azinger offering nothing to the commentary. (who the F picked him to lead the team.. does Zinger have compromising photos of them with a goat?)

How anyone can have the sound up whilst watching the PGA tour is just beyond me. It was bad 5 years ago.. now without Kostis, McCord and Feherty and anyone else without a personality... it is past benial.

Off my soap box now. carry on
    Last edited by virge666; 3rd September 2022 at 01:09 PM.

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    That would be the commentary where EVERY commentator is same kind of boring monotone analytical f-wit who describes what is happening on the screen. No diversity at all, just boring same 6 phrases used over and over again.Where 4 minutes doesnt go by without an ad break.Where 3 minutes doesnt go by until we have a absolute bullshit segment invented so they can say a sponsor's name... Where 2 minutes odesnt go by without mentioning prize money and how important the next shot is because of it.Where 1 minute doesnt go by without Azinger offering nothing to the commentary. (who the F picked him to lead the team.. does Zinger have compromising photos of them with a goat?)How anyone can have the sound up whilst watching the PGA tour is just beyond me. It was bad 5 years ago.. now without Kostis, McCord and Feherty and anyone else without a personality... it is past benial. Off my soap box now. carry on
    I think he was talking about the Euro/DP tour being better.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

I haven't looked for the article, but read a short piece stating that the PGA tour issued a letter to the Japan tour stating that any player who had played or does play in a LIV event would be ineligible to play KFT finals or any co sanctioned event.

So the Japanese team didn't play this week?

Raised the question to myself that if these Japanese tour players didn't have status on PGA, or KFT, but qualified, how can PGA effectively ban them in future events if no current rules broken?

May have to dig deeper on it, but on the surface it didn't look great on PGA and being anti competitive

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ParkRoyal View Post
    I think he was talking about the Euro/DP tour being better.
    Agreed - my post was meant to be in support of it

You really notice it when the Open is on and the commentators are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    Raised the question to myself that if these Japanese tour players didn't have status on PGA, or KFT, but qualified, how can PGA effectively ban them in future events if no current rules broken?
    Exactly, and goes to show how political PGA tour is becoming
    --
    Handy-Cap

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    I haven't looked for the article, but read a short piece stating that the PGA tour issued a letter to the Japan tour stating that any player who had played or does play in a LIV event would be ineligible to play KFT finals or any co sanctioned event.

So the Japanese team didn't play this week?

May have to dig deeper on it, but on the surface it didn't look great on PGA and being anti competitive

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
    Basically if the Japanese played additional LIV events, they were not welcome on US Tour events. If they sat out LIV, they could play PGA tour and sanctioned events next year. Almost a compromise of sorts, as Hideki hadn't moved over. Perhaps it means the Tour might actually play the Zozo back in Japan at some point. I also saw the FB post - it was trolling for any LIV fan reacts.

Story is here - Exclusive: PGA Tour Threatens to Ban Japan Golf Tour Players Who Compete in LIV Golf Events - Morning Read

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Anyone watching - how many viewers did it get? I watched a couple of minutes of Friday action, and 70000 viewers seemed low.

What were Saturday and Sunday stream counts like?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Anyone watching - how many viewers did it get? I watched a couple of minutes of Friday action, and 70000 viewers seemed low.

What were Saturday and Sunday stream counts like?
    Final round was at 356k viewers when I last checked.

Thread Information