Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Pretty happy with a 79 around Innisfail in heavy conditions.
    Played with a couple of locals, so got some good local knowledge on where to aim.
    Putting was okay with 30 Putts and driving was very accurate with only one fairway missed, that resulted in an OB on the 10th and a triple. The rest of the nine was solid with only two bogies to close the nine out.
    In true North Queensland style, there was a short downpour out of blue skies and one dark cloud!
    Last edited by MAZA68; 17th May 2022 at 06:49 PM.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Been a lot of rubbish golf since my last post here, but on rolled and fast greens, I finally put a decent round together today.

18/21 for 39 points, with 4 birdies and 3 others lipped out. 77 off the beater and now good to go for a trip away with the boys this weekend.

Should get the cap easily back into the 5.xs

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Managed to Snag just my 2nd Monthly Medal in over 30 years of golfing on the weekend just gone.
    39 & 34 for 73 (+3) Off the stick for a 67 Nett and the win on a countback .....makes a difference hitting fairways for a change ! also got the Gold Pin $$$$$
    Happy Days

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by MAZA68 View Post
    Pretty happy with a 79 around Innisfail in heavy conditions.
    Played with a couple of locals, so got some good local knowledge on where to aim.
    Putting was okay with 30 Putts and driving was very accurate with only one fairway missed, that resulted in an OB on the 10th and a triple. The rest of the nine was solid with only two bogies to close the nine out.
    In true North Queensland style, there was a short downpour out of blue skies and one dark cloud!
    Do you know who you played with? They have a very good community feel there as a club.

Sneaky 41 pts at rq today. Course was very dry.

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Sneaky 41 pts at rq today. Course was very dry.
    I hope i inspired you.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    I hope i inspired you.
    I think it was the steak sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    I think it was the steak sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Do you know who you played with? They have a very good community feel there as a club.
    One was a member, Greg (I think) he worked for Lindsay Rural, played off 8. Said he plays pennants, and wanted to sign me up LOL! The other bloke I can't remember his name. Good fun to play with and put shit on each other all the way round.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default WDYSTM - May 2022

20/05/2022, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees (Scr 65 Sl 107 Par 67), Stableford.

XPbBBPXPb PPBBPXPBX; 38:40:78 (+3:+8:+11)
    Played to 13.7. Golflink: 8.6 (+0.6).

Since I already had the day off for the now postponed charity day in Toowoomba, I didn't want to give that day back to work and got in some golf before the weather got even worse today.

Despite working on it, I'm not seeing improvement yet, which is annoying. Maybe I'm practicing the wrong way. All of the bad holes, seemed to involve poor decisions where I was trying to intentionally shape a ball, which isn't really my thing.

Nothing for the second week in a row. Stupid weather. I did go to an indoor place and shot 90 on some random sim course which probably would have been better if there wasn't OOB right next to fairways and putts actually dropped when they should have.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Pennant final today, we got flogged. The course we play is tight, not overly long. Generally a driver and mid to short iron is all thats needed. Playing at Werribee, wide and long. I struggled with the long par 3's and 4's, my opponent was playing the course to perfection, and was 1 under when he rammed the sword down my throat on the 14th. It was the same story for the rest of the team, with 1 member being out driven by 100m on every tee shot.with only 10 players eligible we did our best

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    with only 10 players eligible we did our best
    You made the finals, can't have done too badly.

Had my first hit in 4 weeks today, at Sandy Gallop. 4th (usually a par 4) and 10th (usually a par 5) both playing as par 3s after the wet weather. Struggled to get going in the wet, but had a decent back 9. Could've dropped a few more putts.

PXPPBPXBP-PPPPPPPbB 73/32pts (par 67)

First proper hit for 3 weeks at Oxley today. Perfect weather but very soft under foot, especially in the rough. Could only manage 26 points. Did reasonably well in the approach shot department though, hitting the green 60% of the time from inside 150m, which has been a bit poor lately. I also putted well, at least in terms of line, left about half a dozen short on line because I couldn't get myself to hit it harder on the predictably slower greens. Oh well back again tomorrow to have another crack

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

34 Points around Alice Springs GC today.

12 points on the front (#$%^&)
    Managed to hit 1 fairway on the front, with two wipes. Hole 8 I sprayed one drive left and one drive right. Lost both.

Then remembered how to drive and putt on Hole 10.

Came home strong with 22 points on the back.
    Hit 5/7 Fairways. Drained a 30 footer on 18 for birdie.
    Hole 15, normally hit a downwind 7 iron, had to pull a 4 iron into the wind and managed to land it very close, sunk the birdie Putt too.
    Drained some long range putts today, Par putt on Hole 9 and Birdie Putt on Hole 18.
    Striking my irons well. Hit a few GIR today.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Dazza; 29th May 2022 at 12:39 PM.

Won Round 3 Matchplay today down the 19th.

Had to give 11 shots, should have iced it on 16 but somehow flew a wedge 155 into a lake, then missed a sharply breaking 4 footer to halve the hole.

Missed another sharp breaker on 17, but holed a 8 footer on 18 to take it to extra holes, then made a 6 footer on the 19th.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

25 points at Oxley today. Conditions were slightly better than yesterday in terms of under foot, obviously the rough and whatever else hasn't been cut yet. I had to pick up on two holes on the back 9 because I couldn't find the ball in areas where it would normally be easily found. Hopefully a week of fine weather will allow some mowing closer to next weekend. Still good to get out and have a hit even if it's a bit ordinary at the moment.

Senior Member Major Winner

Worked in the morning so trekked out to Balaklava for a game in the afternoon.
    Individual Stableford with a 4BBB played in conjunction. Had a few old friends duking over who was going to be paired up with me for the 4BBB (idiots ).
    Parred the first 6 the easy way hitting fairways and greens. Bogeyed 2 of the last 3 setup by missed Drives to finish the nine 2 over and 21pts. My partner got his name on the card for the first time on the 9th .
    Started the back nine very poorly with back to back doubles setup by pulled tee shots on the par 3 and long par 4. I'd lost the smooth swing from the start and the quick down swing transition took over spraying them wide in both directions for most of the nine . Managed to stop a complete round haemorrhage making birdie, par, birdie on 12,13 and 14 before finishing with 4 straight bogeys for 16pts on the back for 37pts. That was good enough to win A Grade on a day where there was a few rain showers on and off.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Late check-in for the Half Moon Bay Open which was held this past weekend. Having had the flu during the week and not having played since Easter my expectations weren't very high. Rightly so, shot 91 / 81 day one and 89 / 79 day two. The course was in great shape given the recent run of wet weather we've had and the greens were running very quick.

Did have some patches of good play but when my swing went AWOL it did so in a big way. At least the weather was great.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Teed off first group, 2 degrees, felt like minus 5, with a delightful 30k gusting to 50k wind off the snow. On the 10th tee, snowflakes fell as the wind momentarily dropped.

Anyway, to the golf. I had run out of handicap by the 6th tee. Two triples on par 3 where I double crossed myself with the wind and ended up dead, and ended up 87/80. And 3rd in A Grade... ridiculous conditions for golf.

Chopperlink

WITB

Thread Information