Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by dee cee View Post
    I ended up with AMT blacks which was a surprise but they just loaded good for me. I used a few different ones in testing across the different heads. I can’t specifically remember all but recall PX LZ which I wanted to like but didn’t work, one of the Modus 3 variants, NS pro 950, AMT white; some sort of Elevates…. That’s all I recall.
    Good luck. They are great sticks.

Senior Member Major Winner

So I went and tested the P7mc’s, Apex pro and T100 today. They all felt and performed very similar. Inside testing saw the numbers all look very similar but the Apex pro maybe felt the best. The other two were similar.

Outside however on real grass the T100 won comfortably for me. I’m not sure why but the ball flight, dispersion and feel was just better. It wasn’t even a contest, although Apex Pro wasn’t too far off. The P7mc was just a little unforgiving in this test. To be fair I did not have my A swing, but maybe that’s actually a good thing. as when I flushed them all, they all were good. But when I missed it, the T100’s remained most consistent. I tried several shafts in each and was quite surprised with some of the differences and results. Just goes to show testing does maybe matter?

T100 ordered and I couldn’t help myself and bought some SM9’s also. Got to test them around the chipping green. Nothing mind blowing here, wedges don’t change a lot.

I’ll post further when they get here and I’ve played a few rounds for future reference.

Thanks peeps.
    An honest review and some good advice here, test hit more than once and out doors if you can.
    The real difference became apparent when your swing was off a little which lets face it is how it going to be more weekends than not.

As a matter for my own curiosity. Which club head did you like the look of best visually and which did you like the most at address?
    The reason I ask is I've always been a big believer in you'll hit clubs you like the look of better on average than something that visually is not as good. I don't think there's a massive amount of difference in clubs these days for ugly to the eye ones to give far superior results to convince the brain over looks.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Agree with that, Hatchman.

I think that’s especially so with drivers these days. TM, Cally, Titleist, Ping, Cobra, Srixon, Mizuno and I’m sure some others I’m forgetting all make a range drivers that are much of a muchness for the handicap amateur.

If you decide which brand you most like the look of at address, you can get fit into the head and shaft that best suit you and IMO the affect of the confidence and comfort on making good swings will outweigh some incremental performance metric on Trackman that another brand may have offered.

I find I am really funny with wedges too. My greenside to 70m game is a big part of keeping my handicap low, but I cannot hit a shot worth a damn with a Vokey wedge. Just something in the look from address that I’m uncomfortable with, and the results flow from there.

I wonder if that visual stuff had an effect on me when I was testing out fairway woods recently. I tried a Callaway, can't remember the model, next a Sim 2 I think, and a Titleist TSi3. I didn't really like the look of the Callaway or Sim at address for some reason, and I didn't really hit them very well either. I really liked the look of the TSi3 at address, something about it gave me confidence I could hit it well. I hit it much better than the others, and it's now been in the bag for several rounds. Love it. I don't like the look of big bulky irons much, I prefer the smaller ones hence my interest in this thread. When I get to replacing mine I will definitely test these out if I can. I have had a look at them in stores, did a couple of address setups and I liked the look better than my current ones. I haven't hit one yet though.

Agree looks definitely come into it but in this test they were all pretty good looking. Slim top line, small head and minimal offset. Over the ball I liked the P7mc and T100 equally the best and the Apex pro closely behind. Looking at the back of the club I liked all of them with T100 in front but was happy with all of them really. They are all good looking and pretty in offensive.To be honest their ain’t much in the three. After the indoor test I actually had it as Apex pro in the lead with the other two equally second. It wasn’t until I hit them outside that the T100 shone through emphatically. It’ll all be different for everyone so testing is definitely advised I’d say.
    Last edited by dee cee; 30th April 2022 at 05:57 PM.

Well no update on the irons other than being informed they’ll be here maybe by July 7… 🤦*♂️ I read about delays but man… that’s a wait!

Well no update on the irons other than being informed they’ll be here maybe by July 7… * I read about delays but man… that’s a wait!
    I was told a month or so when they were first released and got them in 8-10 days.

They are having some component issues at the moment, as are most suppliers.

I’m hoping my SM9s come quicker than they’ve been quoted.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

I'm disappointed in that the sole of my 4 iron is starting to lose the plating?

Will definitely be returning it to the pro-shop under warranty..
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

Quote Originally Posted by Minor_Threat View Post
    I'm disappointed in that the sole of my 4 iron is starting to lose the plating?

Will definitely be returning it to the pro-shop under warranty..
    How many rounds of use has that had?

W.I.T.B

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    How many rounds of use has that had?
    Probably only hit about 50 balls with it.
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

Wowsers that ain’t great 😬

Blog Entries

Wowsers that ain’t great 😬
    All the other clubs in the set are fine and they have been hit heaps more, so not sure what is going on..

Wedges arrived in 4 weeks after being quoted 6.

Been looking at T100 irons but no shop has had the T100S to compare against.
    The 620MB’s made me chubby up a lot more. No one had the 620CB to look at as I really like the look in pics. They look heaps better than previous CB heads over the AP model era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W.I.T.B

Pick ‘em up tomorrow. 28th April to 23rd June. Not as bad as expected… I’ll do a mini review soon.

I have a set of these in the bag now, 4-P. They are basically off the shelf with the AMT tour white S300 shafts. I was fitted for them, it just happened to be that the stock standard matched the fit. The lie angle was bent upright a degree however. Short review I absolutely love them.

The swing weight feels a lot lighter and easier to control than my old ones, although a couple of guys I play regularly with had a couple of air swings with one and both commented that it felt heavy. I like the small heads and thin topline, as well as the bugger all offset. They give the illusion that the ball is teed up which gives me confidence in making a clean strike. Easier to work the ball.

On the other end of the spectrum there seems to be enough forgiveness that mis-hits don't go wildly off line and still get a reasonable distance on them. Bad swings are suitably punished.

Overall I'm really happy with them. I'm still dialling in my distances but I am getting more distance with them than my old ones, and it's more consistent. Could be due to them fitting me properly and being easier to swing but whatever it is I'm happy with it. I'm hitting them a lot straighter the majority of the time as well.

Thread Information