Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Central-ish Melbourne, Monday May 2, 11a+

I need to fly down to Melbourne for work on the night of Monday May 2, but since that day is a public holiday in Queensland, I can come down earlier and have a hit of golf, if I can make it work. The earliest I could fly in is 8:40a, but I'd rather not start that early in Brisbane. I was thinking of finding a course near the airport for a hit (Northern was suggested which seems to have an open comp), although there would be a complication with storing my luggage. Instead, I thought I would see if anyone else is available for a hit, and maybe I could get to a spot where you could pick me up. Or I could dump my stuff at my hotel in the city, then train out to somewhere from there, within reason.

Anyway, just throwing it out there. If it is all too hard, I might just fly down in the evening and spend the day with family instead.

I am considering getting a rent-a-bomb from near the airport and playing Sanctuary Lakes, which is well rated and within the metro zone for the car, and hopefully leaves me enough time to return the car.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I am considering getting a rent-a-bomb from near the airport and playing Sanctuary Lakes, which is well rated and within the metro zone for the car, and hopefully leaves me enough time to return the car.
    Guessing you weren't at the VIC Champs where we played Sanctuary Lakes then?

Decent track, nothing to write home about, but on that Western and Northern side there really is **** all to play that's decent. Sanc Lakes, Kooringal and Northern are probably the choices, and that says enough.

For your sake I hope it's a calm day, Sanc Lakes can get real fun when the wind is up.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Sunshine wasn't the worst either.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Guessing you weren't at the VIC Champs where we played Sanctuary Lakes then?
    Nope. Life/work got in the way for a couple of events after the 2015 event, then I hardly played golf for a few years, which in hindsight, shouldn't have stopped me.

Decent track, nothing to write home about, but on that Western and Northern side there really is **** all to play that's decent. Sanc Lakes, Kooringal and Northern are probably the choices, and that says enough.
    I also considered Anusbury based on your recommendations that I found in forum history.....

For your sake I hope it's a calm day, Sanc Lakes can get real fun when the wind is up.
    If it's windy, maybe I should just spend the day at some craft beer bars instead.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Go to Yarra Bend instead.

Eynesbury and Sunshine are awful. Sanctuary Lakes a better but hardly worth a special trip.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

If you go to Yarra Bend, you get to hang out with that bell end who sells overpriced gear on FB. Thats a bonus.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Thread Information