Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Concord

Default Concord

Howdy, asking for a mate.

Anyone have any thoughts on Concord since the Doak update?

Anyone know what the membership situation is - wait list, up front and annual fees?

Cheers,

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

It’s greatly improved since Doak/Schneider.

Waitlist about three years.

$500 to get on the list. C $15k joining and $5k a year I think.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I never played it pre Doak but played it last year and really enjoyed it. Was in great nick. Interesting greens and surrounds as you’d expect. Seemed to get the most out of a small property. Clubhouse was nice too and really liked the old school locker room.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

A mate of mine became GM there last January and is a terrific operator (worked previously at Gleneagles and then Royal Sydney for 15 years running the clubhouse). Concord was already a very good club and clubhouse but will only continue to get better.

Their super Chris gets it too and keeps the course in fantastic condition for playing golf.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I think its better for the Doak reno, have no idea what they paid, whether it was worth it isn't your mates concern. Largely the same course, and as per most of Sydney golf, it happens on a small plot of land.

Not sure if I'm telling your something you already know but Concord travel wise is a 30 minute course, not an hour.

Thanks all for that, much appreciated.

Scottt, you are fondant of all knowledge.. ha ha fountain!

Probably the club I would join if I was a Sydneysider

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Probably the club I would join if I was a Sydneysider
    Maybe, if you lived near Scottt or myself you wouldn't. It's a pain in the arse spending your time in Sydney traffic, so most I know compromise their golf for travel. I don't live that far from the city but Concord is an hour away.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Maybe, if you lived near Scottt or myself you wouldn't. It's a pain in the arse spending your time in Sydney traffic, so most I know compromise their golf for travel. I don't live that far from the city but Concord is an hour away.
    That’s why I will never live there! My NSW colleagues refuse to travel to Macquarie Park every day because of the traffic. We all work most of our days from home on teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree with PG. From the Shire or Northern Beaches you could not pay me to belong to Concord.

However.

If I lived in Drummoyne, I would choose Concord over NSWGC. If it’s sub-15min home to Concord GC, it’s an all-world arrangement. The older I get, the more I value convenience if the product is above a certain quality.

The Lakes is too close to NSWGC to have a similar catchment that seals the deal.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Quote Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
    Agree with PG. From the Shire or Northern Beaches you could not pay me to belong to Concord.However. If I lived in Drummoyne, I would choose Concord over NSWGC. If it’s sub-15min home to Concord GC, it’s an all-world arrangement. The older I get, the more I value convenience if the product is above a certain quality. The Lakes is too close to NSWGC to have a similar catchment that seals the deal.
    From a pure golf point of view NSW would be the course to join in Sydney but I’m with you & you have to factor in travel time & crossing the bridge to play is not workable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
    Agree with PG. From the Shire or Northern Beaches you could not pay me to belong to Concord.However. If I lived in Drummoyne, I would choose Concord over NSWGC. If it’s sub-15min home to Concord GC, it’s an all-world arrangement. The older I get, the more I value convenience if the product is above a certain quality. The Lakes is too close to NSWGC to have a similar catchment that seals the deal.
    I have started to think whether NSW is a great course for me when retired. It is quite undulating and can leave you fairly beaten up. I might have to consider a switch myself.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Super course, great mix of holes and the recent update has only improved it.

Subs are $4,xxx pa, no idea of joining.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by jocker View Post
    I have started to think whether NSW is a great course for me when retired. It is quite undulating and can leave you fairly beaten up. I might have to consider a switch myself.
    Lol……
    That and how tough it can be week in week out!
    Glad I’m where I am!

All NSW golf club members have some masochistic tendencies.

What defines Doon members I do not know.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Lol…..
    well Concord has a tournament this weekend so you can see all the holes on tv!

Thread Information